Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lauren said:
Thanks! We're going to Newport, RI and New York. :)

Wow, have a great time! Newport really is amazing.

And thanks for reminding me that it's only an hour or so from Boston and that I haven't been down there for a long time!

PS

A-List Customer
Trashy Diva Trixie

Just thought I'd share that I just received shipping notification of my pre-order dress. 6 days earlier than scheduled, so if anyone else ordered be on the look out!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Lauren said:
I
30ssuit.jpg
30ssuit2.jpg

O........M.........G that is something else!!!!

Josephine

One Too Many
PS said:
Just thought I'd share that I just received shipping notification of my pre-order dress. 6 days earlier than scheduled, so if anyone else ordered be on the look out!

I got mine yesterday too (9/12), and today bought red sling-back peep-toe platform :)eek: ) espadrille pumps with candy-striped piping trim to go with it! :D

PS

A-List Customer
I got mine yesterday too (9/12), and today bought red sling-back peep-toe platform ( ) espadrille pumps with candy-striped piping trim to go with it!

What color did you buy? I want to wear mine to a comedy show at the end of the month and am thinking I need to buy a shrug to go with it. I want to wear it through the fall and am thinking the shrug will me help with that. Only part I am not looking forward too is getting it hemmed:(

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
A few more things.

Black 50s cardi I picked up for $15 at the Rumblers car show in NYC a few weeks back. Lovely satin covered buttons and beaded collar. I'm pleased to find a cardi with minimal beading. I love the heavily beaded ones but really prefer something plain I can wear every day.
blackcardi.jpg

1960s (?) dress that Miss Bella picked up at a thrift store. No tags, but it has a metal zipper. Likely wool felt.
blackfeltdress.jpg

blackfeltdressclose.jpg

Also from Miss Bella, a 100% rayon cheongsam style dress. I'm pretty sure it's not vintage, even though it's 100% rayon and made in the USA. The tag says "Christie Austin" and it's labeled a size 5/6. First guess was 80s-does-vintage, but while I may be a modern size 6 or so, I'm nowhere close to being an 80s size 6! It also had ridiculous shoulder pads that I removed. Will look better after it's taken in at the waist.
greendressfront.jpg

2 front gathered pockets, detail:
greendressclose.jpg

Check out how hot the back of this dress is! Looks better with the waist taken in, right?
greendressback.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
That back is breathtaking! The color is amazing with your skin tone, too!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
Check out how hot the back of this dress is! Looks better with the waist taken in, right?
greendressback.jpg

I am soooooooo glad this fit you. I am also glad I rescued these from the Goodwill! I hate to think of them going to someone who won't appreciate them. :)

MBH's personal vintage shopping, at your service.

EDIT: I found this info via Google--
Christie Austin Apparel
1400 Broadway - New York, NY
212-840-0819
Clinton, NY

There's also a listing in Burbank, CA.

Sunny

One Too Many
KittyT said:
1960s (?) dress that Miss Bella picked up at a thrift store. No tags, but it has a metal zipper. Likely wool felt.
blackfeltdress.jpg

blackfeltdressclose.jpg
Great finds! Is that maybe wool flannel? Felt is literally non-woven - just fibers tangled and mashed and flattened together - and I've never seen anything really structured made from it. Some flannels are very similar in feel and weight, though. I have a skirt that I keep double-checking because it does feel and look like felt, but it's flannel. ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Sunny said:
Great finds! Is that maybe wool flannel? Felt is literally non-woven - just fibers tangled and mashed and flattened together - and I've never seen anything really structured made from it. Some flannels are very similar in feel and weight, though. I have a skirt that I keep double-checking because it does feel and look like felt, but it's flannel. ;)

Interesting info, thanks. It's definitely very heavy and scratchy, and I always associate flannel with softness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW