Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Antje

One Too Many
KittyVonKirsche said:
Oh I LOVE that suit!! N if thats a flat hair day i want a flat hair life please. You look gorgeous :)
There are two hats like that in the opshop near me. Ones red and ones blue. The only thing is they are both a bit bent n a lil grubby. anyone know if its worth getting em? can they be cleaned up?

Thank you so much, I'm blushing

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Antje said:
10rvhx0.jpg

Totally off topic, but are those pictures of blue merle collies in the background? I have 2 blue merle collies, a male and a female, full siblings but a year apart.

Antje

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Totally off topic, but are those pictures of blue merle collies in the background? I have 2 blue merle collies, a male and a female, full siblings but a year apart.

I know I'm also :eek:fftopic: but those are 2 of my collies, We have 1 sable girl, and 2 blue merles, and there's another blue one on her way, ( we have more dogs, because we have a small kennel)
Sweet you have collies too, theire the best !

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought a few things at the really great vintage store near me on Long Island. You really can't beat IRL vintage shopping for fit and haggling issues! Please excuse my 1) lack of hair and makeup and 2) lack of the proper foundation garments! lol

Early 60s wiggle dress. (Shoes are Stuart Weitzman platforms I scored elsewhere for $30!)
IMG_0736.JPG

Fab 40s Faux Fur Collar "Turbo Orlon" Sweater with rhinestone cuff links and fastener. I've been lusting after this for months and finally bought it; she gave me about $20 off. (I wonder what makes the Orlon so Turbo? lol)
IMG_0739.JPG

Do you think they work worn together? I'm on the fence.
IMG_0742.JPG

MissHannah

One Too Many
Oh Miss_Bella_Hell I would KILL for your figure!

I'm not sure about the 2 together... I think the combination of a very high neckline under a very low neck sweater is a little awkward somehow...

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
I'm not sure about the 2 together... I think the combination of a very high neckline under a very low neck sweater is a little awkward somehow...

I have to agree with you MissHannah. I think that Marilyn Monroe had a similar cardigan - I'll see if I can dig out a photo of her wearing and it see what she wore underneath.

Here we go - I think it could be a black cardigan with a mink collar (I think she had one in beige as well) - this is the only photo I could find - Marilyn and Milton Greene:

MMMinkCollar7.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Miss Hannah, Miss Golightly, La Julia, and Exquisitebones!!! I think you're right about the high necked dress with the cardigan.

Today I had the sweater on over a sweetheart neckline slip, which looked great, but I'm not going to wear out a slip as my only "shirt." lol I think it will work well with a boatneck shell or dress under it too. I guess I really will have to buy a shirt to wear under it! :rolleyes:

MissHannah said:
Oh Miss_Bella_Hell I would KILL for your figure!

Hm, I would kill for yours...let's switch for a week or so, shall we?

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
I bought this over a week ago, and found out it went missing. After much stress and calling every post office and everything it finally got delivered personally from my swell postman. I am even more happier now that I got it!

3BA68A52FE494799986E00E07C4BB522.jpg

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
deco_darling said:
I bought this over a week ago, and found out it went missing. After much stress and calling every post office and everything it finally got delivered personally from my swell postman. I am even more happier now that I got it!

3BA68A52FE494799986E00E07C4BB522.jpg

lovely!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
20's Breveté Houppette Pli

Well, this isn't quite a purchase, it was a gift from my boyfriend. I'm so excited about this, I would even go as far as saying that it's my new favorite thing. It's a beautifully decorated retractable powder puff from the 20's, in mint condition, in the original box, with the original instructions manual and everything. It can be opened (the swan down puff can be unscrewed) and you can put powder in it.

The instructions manual still has the original retailer stamp on it, it says:

Molinard Parfumeur
52, Boulevard Victor-Hugo
Grasse (Alp-Marit)

Grasse is near Nice, right? I'm imagining it was once owned by a fancy Côte d’Azur lady... :)

3295163678_2c451c16a4.jpg

3295148860_4967875638.jpg

3294339005_5778c6114a.jpg

3295157020_405721ae29.jpg

3295153436_dd0cc386a1.jpg

See more (and larger) photos here.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Grasse is near Nice, right? I'm imagining it was once owned by a fancy Côte d’Azur lady... :)

Grasse is near Nice alright - stunning part of the world. I've been there several times (I got married last year in Villefranche-Sur-Mer) and am hoping to head over there again this Summer.

That's such a pretty item - what a lovely gift (your boyfriend has good taste)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters