Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Inky

One Too Many
Finally a REAL Pendleton 49er of my very own....in just the right color and plaid!

4148140210_dcf9d6fd46.jpg

(boring hair - that's what it looks like every day if I don't curl it!)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Inky said:
Finally a REAL Pendleton 49er of my very own....in just the right color and plaid!

I'm soooooo happy for you! ...and you look smashing, hair and all!

I did get a Pendleton, but not nuts about the color (muted tans/cinnamon) but thought it would be okay for more conservative modes. Now I'll be hunting down a vavavoom red one...or blue, lol.

Congrats again!:eusa_clap

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Inky said:

Gorgeous! Love the colour, looks great on you. You hair is also a beautiful colour, not at all boring :)

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Incroyable Miss Golightly! that deco sideboard is the stuff of dreams, I recently blogged about a dream sideboard, but this may have topped the one i had my eyes on. Don't tell me you got the furniture somewhere in Dublin??

cecil

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:
The Shirt....well hubba hubba, you're man will be styling!

Cecil...remember when you cried, actually cried over that other black dress auction? THIS dress leaves that lost dress in the dust! I don't know where you plan to debut this stunner, but tongues will be on the ground. Simply amazing and only to be carried by an equally amazing lady. Congrats!

Hahahaha thankyou! It was cheaper than the other one too! :D I feel like I was just meant to have this one.

Ooh and another purchase: after wearing my favourite pair of 80s-does-40s shorts until they were literally falling apart, I decided to buy another pair for summer. Couldn't find any vintage ones, so I bought these (in black, of course). The shop is down the road from my house, after all the internet shopping I've been doing it was almost novel to walk into a shop and try things on lol

http://retrospecd.com/index.php?p=product&id=4&parent=4

cecil

A-List Customer
Wow, I'm on a roll.

New Schiaparelli (my favourite) hat! Pretty sure it had only been on ebay for a few hours. For the price I doubt it was designed by Ms Schiap herself, but it's got Cecil written all over it. Black! Showy! Hooray! I think I prefer it with the veil tucked up. What do you ladies think? Beautiful veil pattern though.
4149572960_9bb39c1478.jpg

4149573104_5a7f1c0be4.jpg

And this comb. New, but I think it has a kindof art deco sensibility that I like :)

http://www.mimco.com.au/Product/Hair-Accessories-_34/Hair-accessories_61/CICADA-COMB_2039/index.aspx

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
bettydarling said:
Incroyable Miss Golightly! that deco sideboard is the stuff of dreams, I recently blogged about a dream sideboard, but this may have topped the one i had my eyes on. Don't tell me you got the furniture somewhere in Dublin??

23SkidooWithYou, Hamilton Honey , Cecil and Bettydarling - thank you so much for the lovely compliments! I hope to re-cover the chairs at some stage as the current fabric wouldn't really be my thing - I think a lovely rich cream would look so much better!

Cecil - gorgeous Schiaparelli hat! ;)

Bettydarling - we got both items (and two Art Deco bedside lamps!) at the Antique Fair in the RDS on Sunday. There were so many lovely items at it - but that set just caught our eye and we had to have it! The items were delivered to us an hour after we got home too which was brilliant!

Mojito

One Too Many
Oh my - that chairs and sideboard are to die for!

You look amazing, Inky (and quite the antithesis of "boring" in any sense, and Cecil, that hat is just amazing - dramatic, but quintessentially stylish :)

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Miss Golightly said:
Bettydarling - we got both items (and two Art Deco bedside lamps!) at the Antique Fair in the RDS on Sunday. There were so many lovely items at it - but that set just caught our eye and we had to have it! The items were delivered to us an hour after we got home too which was brilliant!

Wow what service! Theres another antiques fair in the royal marine in Dun laoghaire this Sunday, apparently there'll be clothes and accessories too!! :D :D :D

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
bettydarling said:
Wow what service! Theres another antiques fair in the royal marine in Dun laoghaire this Sunday, apparently there'll be clothes and accessories too!! :D :D :D

Thanks for the tip off!!!!!! I just tried to get onto their websites but they keep crashing - will try again later on. If you go to the fair - best of luck - hope you snag some bargains!

Thanks Mojito! :)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
cecil said:
New Schiaparelli (my favourite) hat! Pretty sure it had only been on ebay for a few hours. For the price I doubt it was designed by Ms Schiap herself, but it's got Cecil written all over it. Black! Showy! Hooray! I think I prefer it with the veil tucked up. What do you ladies think? Beautiful veil pattern though.
4149573104_5a7f1c0be4.jpg

Down, definitely down! The angle with the wave down and the veil is more sophistocated. Up is sort of whimsical. Down packs the drama.

BTW When I remembered you were a Schaparelli fan, I got all excited and was going to pm you about a stole I saw. Alas, it isn't black or even mahogany. Well, if it were mahogony, it might be on my back, lol. ;)

clubwitsend

Practically Family
1174_3.JPG
1319_3.JPG

Sorry for the huge image! This is a trunk I just won on ebay...it belonged to Doris Eaton Travis- the last living Ziegfeld Girl! (shes 105 right now, and still dances three times a week!) This was her trunk while she was in the Follies from 1918-1920!

Inky

One Too Many
wow, clubwitsend that is one FABULOUS trunk! And what great history!!

Thank you ladies for the comments on my new 49'er and my "boring" hair ;) You guys make my day!

And finally, a recent purchase: a gold lurex party frock...now I just need to find a party!

4152700743_c40191fbcf_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters