Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
DSCF9483.jpg

Wow, this is lovely swinggal!

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Found quite a bit at a local store today (one I'd avoided as it had been panned - shows what the critics know):

fur collar (will use on my trench coat), knit hat (beret?), brown gloves with scalloped edging
IMG_3220.jpg

a few pairs of white gloves, silk handkerchief, and something to keep the hankies in
IMG_3218.jpg

bed jacket with lace trim
IMG_3262.jpg

argyle sweater vest (from Dean's of Scotland)
IMG_3275.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
Found these at a local op shop on the weekend. Crazy cheap!

1950s re linen apron with cool barkcloth pockets - 50c

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Ruched 40s Dents gloves - 50c

IMG_0116.jpg

And this dress clip for $5

!Bvs-yOQ!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!hkEv1+0GBZ+BMFoY6eoeQ~~_12.JPG

Foofoogal

Banned
Jennifer Lynn. your purchase bag looks like my always purchase bag.
I don't think I could pass up a pair of nice gloves if my life depended on it. I have tons of gloves. :eusa_doh:

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Has anyone some thoughts on this skirt, regarding era or purpose? The white part above the pleats is satiny, like a crinoline lining would be. It fits snuggly over the hips, with the pleated part beginning at the lower hip/upper thigh. When wearing it, all I can think to do is add a long sweater, but I wonder how it was worn originally, and when?
Also, there's the paper tag inside, as seen in the second photo, along with a thin strip of paper stitched in where the brown and white are sewn together.

4643017168_cacf30c622.jpg

4642404095_49a0c69718_b.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
ThesFlishThngs said:
Has anyone some thoughts on this skirt, regarding era or purpose? The white part above the pleats is satiny, like a crinoline lining would be. It fits snuggly over the hips, with the pleated part beginning at the lower hip/upper thigh. When wearing it, all I can think to do is add a long sweater, but I wonder how it was worn originally, and when?
Also, there's the paper tag inside, as seen in the second photo, along with a thin strip of paper stitched in where the brown and white are sewn together.

This looks 80's to me, it is the skirt part of an outfit and would have gone with a long coordinating tailored
jacket.The top white part isn't supposed to show. I think 80's because it is bengaline, and also because it has serged edges.The paper caught in the stitching is something remaining from the manufacturing process.
It would look good with a long sweater or tunic.

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
I couldn't resist this print and have just made some Simplicity 4044 trousers in red cotton drill that will go perfectly :)

Does anyone have a suggestion for the date of the top? It was sold as 1930s, but I thought it might be a little later...? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

printtop.jpg

printtopcloseup.jpg

Louise Anne

Suspended
Paul said:
Not often I have any thing to post here these days here it is

A jacket which has been dated as been late 40's
kaybrooks_jacket.jpg

It is by Kay Brooke of New York , I would very much like to know if any of you have come across her before.

There always a slight time delay for me between buying an item and been able to photograph it as worn so here is a update.
Image5.jpg

The vintage jacket is teamed up with either a modern skirt or trousers

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ms Sew-n-Sew said:
I couldn't resist this print and have just made some Simplicity 4044 trousers in red cotton drill that will go perfectly :)

Does anyone have a suggestion for the date of the top? It was sold as 1930s, but I thought it might be a little later...? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

printtop.jpg

printtopcloseup.jpg

Stellar! It's definitely 1930s!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou