Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss sofia said:
Liking your style Miss G, i'm on the lookout for jumpers too, and didn't think to look on etsy, so thanks for that! x

There are so many fabulous sweaters on Etsy - you'll be spoiled for choice!

Initially I was reluctant to buy them as I have had a few woollen type garments that have fallen apart after cleaning and it's hard to get invisible repairs done here in Dublin - however, I took a chance and got some great sweaters and cardi's from Etsy that are all in fantastic condition. Do post some pictures if you get some new sweaters!!!!!!!!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Will do! Silly question but is that a vintage jumper? I'm always on the lookout for short sleeve jumpers, high street or vintage i can't get enough of them. But like you some of my well loved ones have given up the ghost or fallen to bits when i have washed them and i'm always careful with them. Such is life!x

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss sofia said:
Will do! Silly question but is that a vintage jumper? I'm always on the lookout for short sleeve jumpers, high street or vintage i can't get enough of them. But like you some of my well loved ones have given up the ghost or fallen to bits when i have washed them and i'm always careful with them. Such is life!x

It's a vintage jumper - I usually have a look at the label if there is a photo and you can pretty much tell if it's vintage or not. The shorter sleeved jumpers are slightly harder to come across but last time I looked on Etsy there were one or two - happy shopping Miss Sofia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
bakersset.jpg

Lovely little vintage baking collection.
Measuring spoons, measuring cups, and a sifter! Squeee!

LD

D

Deleted member 12480

Miss sofia said:

M&S do them all year round!

xx

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Items I've picked up in the last few weeks...

A (hopefully) 50's era handbag:

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

Some vintage clip-ons:

DSC00004.jpg

And some cute shoes (Hope they fit!!!):

Shoes.jpg

All going to be worn with this:

BlueDress.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
bakersset.jpg

Lovely little vintage baking collection.
Measuring spoons, measuring cups, and a sifter! Squeee!

LD

Cool LD! This made me think about your Spiked Lemonade! I think a picnic is in order next month when I am back. At least this time i could MAKE things to bring as I am staying at a friend's place :) I can make Lammingtons!! A classic Aussie treat :)

Foofoogal

Banned
Land-O-LakesGal
One of the Regulars

Jumper is English for Sweater
--------------------------------------------------

very interesting. Is this the name for the short sleeve ones only or all sweaters or cardigans?

Sort of like creamer and milk jug. lol

Smuterella

One Too Many
A jumper is basically any warm knitted top, a sweater over here is a sweatshirt - like a warm top made of jersey. More like sportswear.

Primark have some lovely very vintagey jumpers and cardigans at the moment. I nearly bought a lovely 40's looking cable knit cardy today but resisted as I'm on the NSB for a few months.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
lol I think we would say 'jumper' or sweater for both long and short sleeved , or the word 'pullover' or 'jersey' is also used in the UK, (slightly old fashioned words, jersey always brings to mind chunkier,knitted, woolly sweaters, like the traditional ones made on the islands of Jersey, Guernsey or Arran, but my old school jumpers were always described as 'pullovers'). A cardigan is a cardigan or 'cardi'! This isn't a definitive answer by any means. We could probably start a new thread on this UK versus US clothing terminology!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97