Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

crwritt

One Too Many
BD - what a gorgeous case - I love it!

Crwritt - beautiful fabric - do you know what you are going to do with it yet?
A summer sun dress, I think, with a fullish skirt, little straps and pockets.

I've been playing with this pattern because I
5639.jpg
like the pockets(purple view)

I sewed a mock up and it was huge,shouldn't I know that? Its a Butterick pattern! so I eliminated the front gathers and made it a bit longer. I fitted the bodice with bra cups, and changed the straps to very thin spaghetti straps.

So I've got it draped across the stair railing so I can admire it.

The fabric just arrived, and I've been enjoying wearing my practice version of the dress in this heat wave we're having.

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
Miss Golightly, that first one is amazing, it will look marveloous on you! The button line is wonderful, hopefully all intact.
Sometimes I wonder what size all your wardrobes have... ;)

Drappa

One Too Many
Great polka dot dress Miss G! I hear that polka dots are big for fall/winter, so you'll even be trendy without meaning to :)

I got these to wear to a wedding in three weeks. I had foot surgery not long ago and can't wear higher heels, but hope these will be okay
1246041120_main.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Wahine - thank you - and I can't lie - the wardrobe space is getting a little on the tight side!

Drappa - thank you too - and those are beautiful shoes (nice heel height - you'll be able to dance all night!) - will they be worn with the lovely floral fabric you have? If so, three weeks will be enough time to make a dress from scratch?

Drappa

One Too Many
Drappa - thank you too - and those are beautiful shoes (nice heel height - you'll be able to dance all night!) - will they be worn with the lovely floral fabric you have? If so, three weeks will be enough time to make a dress from scratch?

Thank you, and yes it is to go with the tulip print dress and hopefully cream hat. Three weeks, is plenty of time, it usually only takes me two or three full days to finish a dress, depending on if I make a muslin and how complicated it is. I already fitted the muslin, so am in the middle of making the dress. If it fails I'll wear my Horrockses polka dot dress.

HepKitty

One Too Many
I wanted to post this in the hats section but it seems to be a gentlemen only thing so here it is

$10 at an antique store I couldn't resist

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, and yes it is to go with the tulip print dress and hopefully cream hat. Three weeks, is plenty of time, it usually only takes me two or three full days to finish a dress, depending on if I make a muslin and how complicated it is. I already fitted the muslin, so am in the middle of making the dress. If it fails I'll wear my Horrockses polka dot dress.

I'm impressed! You must be a fantastic seamstress - looking forward to seeing your gorgeous tulip dress once it's completed!

thedanu

Familiar Face
I just found this purse in a flea market next to my place. I guess it's around 20s/30s, but I'm not good with purses so if any of you would have a better idea about how old it can be I'd very much appreciate it :)

The blue fabric has some rips but they're hardly noticeable because of the black layer on top of it, otherwise the whole purse seems to be in really good condition :)

r9qv09.jpg

i4q16h.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
I just found this purse in a flea market next to my place. I guess it's around 20s/30s, but I'm not good with purses so if any of you would have a better idea about how old it can be I'd very much appreciate it :)

The blue fabric has some rips but they're hardly noticeable because of the black layer on top of it, otherwise the whole purse seems to be in really good condition :)

r9qv09.jpg

i4q16h.jpg

I'm going to guess 1915-1919 on your darling evening purse.

thedanu

Familiar Face
And these were bought a couple of weeks ago in a market where they sold mostly car pieces and lots of random objects. Luckily there was also some clothes/accessories, I post them now because I haven't had the time to take pictures of them earlier:

30s dress in amazing condition, there is only a bit of decolouration on one of the sleeves, probably from exposure to direct sunlight
the cut it amazingly flattering :)

P7278128.JPG

pair of 50s pumps, from the Finnish factory Aaltonen

P7278130.JPG

P7278132.JPG

pair of 50s (?) boots, I'm probably going to love these as soon as the winter and the snow come back

P7278135.JPG

P7278136.JPG

50s straw hat, the ribbon looks quite terrible at the moment so I'm planning to exchange it for a new one

P7278140.JPG

50s hat + pin in amazing condition, both the hat and the feathers were very clean and the feathers look incredibly fresh

P7278142.JPG

P7278143.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou