Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
One more - a ridiculous dress I bought up in Montreal about a month ago. Vintage up there is usually pretty pricey and I scored at $30. The black squares are slightly fuzzy, like velveteen, and there are rhinestones set in between each one. There was a tag inside for the Montreal Costume Institute, so I do not know if it's vintage or repro, but it has a metal zipper and all construction looks vintage. Unfortunately, the stupid tailor lost the tag :rage:

DSC00461.jpg

More detail:
DSC00439.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lily Powers said:
KittyT, you are head-turningly stunning in that dress!

Thank you! The sad part was that I wore this to see a recent Sonny Burgess show and it turns out the place was full of lazy people wearing jeans [huh]

Drappa

One Too Many
KittyT said:
One more - a ridiculous dress I bought up in Montreal about a month ago. Vintage up there is usually pretty pricey and I scored at $30. The black squares are slightly fuzzy, like velveteen, and there are rhinestones set in between each one. There was a tag inside for the Montreal Costume Institute, so I do not know if it's vintage or repro, but it has a metal zipper and all construction looks vintage. Unfortunately, the stupid tailor lost the tag :rage:

DSC00461.jpg

More detail:
DSC00439.jpg

Love, love, love hat dress on you! And the earrings. Too cute.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:

DSC00461.jpg

More detail:
DSC00439.jpg

Really lovely Kitty! Living in Montreal, I have some of items tagged from the Montreal Costume Institute, and they are indeed vintage. I've been told that they use to be suppliers to stylists for plays, tv and movies, and stockpiled and tagged each item. A lot of the vintage clothes in the stores here have that tag. One of my favourite day dresses does...it has the cutest Egyptian hieroglyphs!

Your find is gorgeous!
X
BD

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Black Dahlia said:
Very sweet!

I love that some current companies are still doing detachable collars. I have a few vintage collars which I use with one sweater, as the original sweaters are long gone.

BD

Thank you! I might add that I hadn't thought of putting a detachable collar on a newer sweater - great idea!

Kate O Potato & Mrs Cleaver - thank you both!

I love that a lot of shops are now doing vintage style blouses and sweaters - AWear has a great range out at the moment with some lovely embelished cardi's and faux fur coats....

Kitty T - stunning dress - you look fabulous in it!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
swinggal said:
Gorgeous. I love how they attatched the coin purse on a chain. I have a couple of these too. They should make this a feature of modern handbags too.

Thanks swinggal!

I agree, and speaking of vintage features that should be brought back... I would like the little strings w/snaps that go around bra & slip straps to come back in all dresses! I have a few new dresses that do that, but it's rare. Guess I could sew them in, in each dress...
X
BD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal said:
Gorgeous dress. Is it linen? :eusa_clap

Not linen. The weave looks similar but the texture is not. It has a tiny bit of sheen to it, so it might be a rayon blend.

Black Dahlia, that purse is amaaaazing!

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
Kitty, you look A*M*A*Z*I*N*G in that dress! I cant stop looking at it!! But I wanted to ask you :eek:fftopic: How have you done your hair in those pics? I want to try and copy it!! :eek:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Mrs Cleaver said:
Black Dahlia that is fantastic!!:eusa_clap What a great mum:)

Indeed; my mom is amazing! Most of my stuff comes from her old shop stock, or her new yard sale finds (she has a knack for finding good stuff). Everything I know re antiques and vintage comes from her. :)

X
BD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Scarlet Belle said:
Kitty, you look A*M*A*Z*I*N*G in that dress! I cant stop looking at it!! But I wanted to ask you :eek:fftopic: How have you done your hair in those pics? I want to try and copy it!! :eek:

Thanks! Scarlet, I described the process in the Show Us Your Hairdo thread. You should pop over there to see my rudimentary description. If you want any more info than what's there, let me know and I'll provide more detail!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails