Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
I'm so excited I won these! 1930s beach shoes in the original box.:D :D
shoes.JPG

Just delved a little further back and these beach shoes give me serious shoe envy (they have been on my wish list for an age!) and if having the shoes weren’t enough already you have the box too! :(

Smuterella

One Too Many
I know its just a black suit but I've been after a plain black suit in my size for EVER, I'm so excited as its going to be a really versatile item. I also picked up, for USD 12 the perfect plain black 40s skirt so I'm sorted for basics.

C2wool3.JPG

and another suit - much nicer in real life:

Picture123.jpg

and this for fun! It arrived yesterday and its so flattering on.

386422022_tp.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
after patiently waiting for a gun/holster brooch by Dor-Ard, I finally found one!!

This brooch is BIG - the gun is 3.75" long and attached with a six inch chain to a 2.5" long holster. Black with red and clear stones - it's perfect for me!

4857064295_1a014278a4.jpg

4857062743_852f762e0c_o.jpg

4857062715_73a8bb26cc_o.jpg

OMG, I LOVE IT!

X
BD

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
swinggal said:
40sFetish, I always buy the same size as home here on Australia in US shoe sizing. Here I am an 8.5 to 9. Same in the US for all the shoes I have bought. If I can get a 9 rather than an 8.5 US I usually go for that as my right foot is a little bigger than the left.

Thanks for the sizing info swinggal! nothing like getting the info from someone who knows.... I've been lusting after some remix shoes for ages but ooh so pricey.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
40'sfetish said:
Thanks for the sizing info swinggal! nothing like getting the info from someone who knows.... I've been lusting after some remix shoes for ages but ooh so pricey.

Keep searching on Ebay! I found my black Remix wedges for $30.

swinggal

One Too Many
Inky said:
after patiently waiting for a gun/holster brooch by Dor-Ard, I finally found one!!

This brooch is BIG - the gun is 3.75" long and attached with a six inch chain to a 2.5" long holster. Black with red and clear stones - it's perfect for me!

4857064295_1a014278a4.jpg

4857062743_852f762e0c_o.jpg

4857062715_73a8bb26cc_o.jpg

That is sooooo cool!!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Haven't checked this thread in a while . . . Inky what a find!!!

crwritt - That pink and brown floral looks great! Yey! Vintage fabric! I'm currently turning a 1950s duvet cover into a dress (Thanks for the tip on underarm gussets!).

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Inky- that is a FABULOUS brooch!!!!

4851215328_37fcd705b3.jpg

I found this early 30s gown on ebay for next to nothing....but I fell in love with the color and the flower detail...the vintage ostrich mini boa was part of a burlesque costume found in New Hope, PA!

I want to find everything in this color now!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
clubwitsend said:

I found this early 30s gown on ebay for next to nothing....but I fell in love with the color and the flower detail...the vintage ostrich mini boa was part of a burlesque costume found in New Hope, PA!

Witsend, absolutely stunning!

Inky, I really, really want a pin like that, mostly so I can show it off to the ladies at shooting practice lol

swinggal

One Too Many
clubwitsend said:
Inky- that is a FABULOUS brooch!!!!

I want to find everything in this color now!

Good lord Dianne, that is stunning. I'm always perusing ebay for 30s stuff and didn't see that one. Lucky you!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Clubwitsend - Fabulous dress - the colour is superb!

Inky - fantastic brooch - all good things etc....

Deadpandiva - beautiful hat - very elegant!

Picked up this monogrammed tweed circle skirt on Etsy - great find as "M" is the right monogram for my first name!:

MonogramSkirt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails