Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lovely things everyone!

Well, I just got the black and white dress and while it is gorgeous it's too big :( So I have to see if I can return. I'm pretty bummed because I was going to do a River of No Return style outfit for halloween :(

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Viviene said:
You'll probably see my practice dress first. Our family (DH and 2 DD and I) are going to Disneyworld for Christmas week.
Be prepared for crowds on Christmas Day. When I went 3 years ago, they closed entry into Magic Kingdom and Epcot at Noon due to full compacity. It's their busiest time. Can't wait to see pics.

Viviene

Vendor
We were there last year also (DH is off Christmas week each year as his whole company is closed for that week) and Christmas day we pretty much hung around the pool at the hotel (we stayed at Disney) and went to a character dinner in Epcot after we saw the candlelight processional which was absolutely beautiful. John Stamos from Full House (my kids watch this now on reruns) did the reading. They were in awe saying "That's Uncle Jesse." We asked the staff where to go on what day and they clued us in on what park was busiest on what day and we went to the other parks those days. We had a great time. The last 2 days we were there were packed because some college kids were there in anticipation of the football bowl games so it was a little rowdy.

KAT

A-List Customer
nice stuff everybody:eusa_clap im afraid i cant post my new purchases...ebay addicition :rolleyes: [huh] its just too much hahahhahahah

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
plum coloured suit

i just won this dress/suit. $30 including shipping, yes it does have an rather unattrative stain on the top of the dress, but the jacket is awesome! i just hope it isn't too big, i haven't had good luck with sizes lately. i figure if the dress does not come clean, i'll have someone make me a skirt from the bottom part of the dress...a skirt from the skirt and if that doesn't work, then i still have an awesome jacket.

22397607_o.jpg

22397351_o.jpg

22397997_o.jpg

gee, i hope this was a good buy, because if it isn't i am NOT going to bid on anything new. i swear!

lara

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love it! If the stain is gruesome, the dressmaker can sew on a new top and transfer the beadwork; that's what I would do if it was brought to me. Or just cut off the bad part and sew a midriff on using the beaded part as a yoke. Or keep it as is and use it as an excuse to never take off the DIVINE jacket. Or maybe the darkness of the stain is a trick of the light? :) Let us know!!

Kim_B

Practically Family
Just starting out...

I'm just starting out with my collections, so I'm still a little green as to what I should buy and what I should pass on. Still, I thought this dress was pretty darn cute, although I'm not too sure it really is vintage - but that's okay with me. It has the styling which is what I'm after more than anything, and until I can purchase a quality sewing machine these types of things will have to do!

At any rate, I managed to get this dress off eBay for a whopping $19.99 including shipping...
44_1_sbl.jpg

I also bought a vintage lace bra from a gal I know who does a lot of pin-up modelling for $16.00 - I'm sure for her it can get rather expensive, but I love the fact that she sells her clothing after she's done a photo shoot! :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RSG, that is a great suit. the beading looks quite nice. I hope it works out for you.
Kim, that is a really cute dress. I can't tell what era it's from, I'm still not very good at aging clothes. It is really cute though, have fun wearing it.
Cherry, that is a great halloween costume! You too should have a lot of fun.

KAT

A-List Customer
ok i dare!
just got this a few minutes ago
A lot of 6 pairs H BAR C WESTERN PANTS in all different colors, waits 26 but different inseams. In case of a terrible fit i will sell those again

westernpantlot.jpg
westernpantlot3.jpg
westernpantlot2.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
Might as well face it, I'm addicted to vintage...

Ugh! I need to stop searching for vintage and vintage-inspired clothing!! Seriously though, thanks to the person who posted the link to Delia's a while back (I was originally searching for shoes), otherwise I never would have found this cute top!

151324_mul_g.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
KAT said:
ok i dare!
A lot of 6 pairs H BAR C WESTERN PANTS in all different colors, waits 26 but different inseams. In case of a terrible fit i will sell those again

westernpantlot.jpg
westernpantlot3.jpg
westernpantlot2.jpg

Gorgeous pants! I watch watching those but unfortunatly they would be too short for me being 5'9"! But i hope they fit you as you will have a different colour pair for every western shirt you could possible find!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KAT said:
ok i dare!

westernpantlot.jpg
westernpantlot3.jpg
westernpantlot2.jpg

Cripes! those are great........I don't really suit pants unless they are stretchy enough to emcompass my generous behind and hips lol lol , they look like they are gonna look gorgeous, you lucky lady!
Send us some pics if they fit!!!!!!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
My new baby.....

I finally paid off the layaway on the new addition to my jewellery collection, this little baby has been keeping me awake at night I was so excited about getting it!!!:) :) It's a 1930's duette with rhinstones and faux pearl. It unclips to make 2 little fur or shoe clips and a pretty pin, or you can wear it as a pin all clipped together.
DSCF0385.jpg

[/IMG]
DSCF0390.jpg

These are the shoes I plan to wear the clips on this winter, they're 20 years apart in vintage terms but I just LOVE them together!
DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick