Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

maisie

Practically Family
GOK said:
That's really pretty LS. Does it come with the tree and pressies? lol

I just got a great 1930s brolly with its original, burgundy corded carrying case. The detailing on it is exquisite. The umbrella has an amber & brass top with a corded carrying handle & has burgundy and amber stripes. There's slight damage where the the zip on the carrying case has come away from the fabric but I think I should be able to repair it.

I need to take some more photos, especially of the case but for now, here's a taster.

445d_1.jpg

Wow! What a coincidence, i have exactly the same umbrella, only it is in black not brown!! It is so cute, but i just can't bring my self to use it!!

GOK

One Too Many
maisie said:
Wow! What a coincidence, i have exactly the same umbrella, only it is in black not brown!! It is so cute, but i just can't bring my self to use it!!

I'd actually much rather have a black one but this was the only one I could find. I shall be using mine occasionally - it'd feel wrong not to. Mind you, I shall probably dry it with a hairdryer afterward! lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Daisy Buchanan said:
Miss Bella, that is just darling! I never seem to be able to find cute accessories like that, that are actually vintage. Lucky gal!!

I'm hoping the seller was good with taking measurements. I've been looking for a dress like the red and black one for quite some time. It sounds like it has a lot of give, I hope!! Otherwise I'm just gonna have to go on that diet I keep talking about. I paid more than I wanted to for them, eighty for the red and black 91 for the all black. But, and here comes my excuse, I still don't think that's all that bad if they are in fact in as great condition as the seller claims. Right now dresses seem to be going for a lot less than in the past, so I was kind of surprised that these were the lowest bids allowed set by the seller. But, a few months ago I saw dresses like these going for double. So, even though they were high in comparison to other dresses, they really were a good deal if you look at the price of vintage a few months prior. Hah!! Can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better about spending the money. Sometimes it just helps to talk about these things!
I'll let you know if they don't fit. But, I gotta be honest with you, I'd have a hard time letting them go! If they end up being too small, which I'm praying they are not because according to the measurements they will be a few inches too big, I'll be sure to let you know. Or, you could always come back up to Boston, we could plan a night on the town, and you could borrow whichever one you like.

I think under $100 for each is well worth it! You're petite, aren't you? I would think I would be bigger than you, not smaller, but I will take a compliment and say "Daisy thinks I look slim how nice of her to say!" lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Dottie said:
Lady Day, I'm in love with these gorgeous cardis! Are they vintage or did you get them at a place that had more of them? Cuz I am always in need of sassy ones like those!

And that Lane Bryant one is very sweet. I love the flame pattern. I'm awful when matching things up. I always just go for the basics like a black pencil skirt or something on those lines.

I got them at Mervins. I know! Right :D

LD

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
So much fablous stuff everyone bought!!!!

Today it paid off to get up early...

4163_1_b.JPG

I saw exactly the same one on a fleamarket and wanted to have it, but they wanted a small fortune for it... Now I got it as a bargain. It will look cute with both cardigans and evening gowns ;)

marquise

Familiar Face
Savannahian for four and a half years! I moved here for school, and truly love it, even those 90+ degree summers. Next year I'm heading up w/ my boy to Brooklyn for work & grad school.

Miss_Bella_Hell

marquise said:
Savannahian for four and a half years! I moved here for school, and truly love it, even those 90+ degree summers. Next year I'm heading up w/ my boy to Brooklyn for work & grad school.

Well, the summers are just as hot up here, I'm afraid, but remind me when you move, I'm in Long Island for grad school as well. Cocktails!

Daisy Buchanan

marquise said:
I just love Savannah too! Had some really great times there. Well, except for those darn bugs!!!! Crunchy bugs, ugh!
Let us know when you're coming up to the north east. We should have a get together. Warning, it can get hot and humid up here too...

CourtneyJordan

New in Town
3 recent ebay purchases:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=220057089848&rd=1&rd=1
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=150066928170&rd=1&rd=1
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=120063089834&rd=1&rd=1

also I have recently purchased (but have not photographed because my digital camera is broken):
-late 30s/early 40s raspberry velvet boudoir slingback pointy low heels with satin bows on the toe area
-late 40s/early 50s black billowy swing coat with peter pan colloar with large bow closure
-40s black and red tilt hat
-late 30s peachy pink short sleeved blouse with cream insets
-late 30s tan jodhpurs with puffy thighs and horse buckle closures on the super high waist
-30s cream silk hand embroidered floral asian patterned cape

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
KaitlynDawn said:
Just won these magazines on Ebay, got them for a steal, too. :)

ca75_1_b.JPG

"Calling All Girls"--What a fabulous name for a magazine! I've never heard of it before. Is it like a vintage Seventeen Magazine? Or MaCalls?

Please post pictures when you have a chance--it would be lovely to see them!

KaitlynDawn

New in Town
Miss Dottie said:
"Calling All Girls"--What a fabulous name for a magazine! I've never heard of it before. Is it like a vintage Seventeen Magazine? Or MaCalls?

Please post pictures when you have a chance--it would be lovely to see them!

Oh, I sure will! I just won a couple of Seventeen magazines from 1945, too. I've always wanted some vintage girly magazines, and I got some early X-Mas money, so I've been Ebaying my heart out!

I also got these two blouses:

DSCN8800.JPG

828_081.jpg

-Kaitlyn

Grace

Vendor
I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself!! No pics, yet, as it is still on Layaway.

The other day, my hubby and I were out running errands, and we ended up going down the wrong street. As I'm driving, I spy something fabulous out of the corner of my eye in the window of an antiques store.

I parked quickly (and terribly, I might add) and did the whole half run/half walk thing to the store.

I walk into the store, and lo and behold, what had I spied?

The most INCREDIBLY 1940s Lord and Taylor coat EVER. Full length, princess seamed, gold vines trailing from the shoulders to the yoke, just gorgeous. I tried it on and OH MY GAWD it fits like it were made just for me. Even the length is spot on. Needless to say, I had to put it on Layaway.

Even though it's far too formal for anything around here. Perhaps I can wear it on the Queen Mary if I can swing it. :) You ladies will just die when you see it. I'll post pics just as soon as I have it in my hot little hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy