Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jitterbugdoll said:
Pink is a favorite color of mine--I'd be happy to borrow that cute frock, Daisy. ;)

I'd be more than happy to lend it to you:) Just think, very soon our wardrobes will double!! You've seen Mt. Spielberg, the pile(s) of clothes in my room. Now that they'll be getting used, I'm motivated to finally have that closet built so I have a place to hang everything up!

Goldwyn Girl, that is a great rick rack dress!!

Linda, that's a shame about Brimfield:( Do you think it will be better towards the end of the week?
Make sure you keep an eye on the events section. A Boston get together will be happening. Hopefully at the end of June. Also, I'm gonna make sure to put up the dates as to when I have roof deck BBQ's. The more the merrier, I'm hoping that my summer BBQ's will bring about some Mass Loungers to my place. I've gotta show the 5 guys I share the deck with how a real lady throws a party. Actually, I just got my hands on some Atomic magazines (Atomic's website has a majority of them for sale if anybodies interested) one issue has an article about how to make the perfect Tiki bar (I was gonna buy one online, but it'd be so much fun to make one) and the other has an article on the perfect 50's BBQ. I'm so psyched to finally have an idea as to what I want to do out there. I'm gonna make my city roof deck into the coolest beach/tiki bar ever. I really want to get some sand, but I think it will blow away:eek:

Well, I forgot to post that I won this darling velvet swing coat for $14.99!! I needed one of these to wear over my formal dresses. It had a fur collar that was removed, but it doesn't seem to have made a terrible marked. I might just put a new fur collar on it, which is pretty easy to do. That is, if it needs it at all. I think it will look lovely with a rhinestone brooch, or a large flower.
I don't think these pictures do it justice. The seller says the velvet is in great conditions, and it has a pretty quilted silk/satin lining.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Not Vintage...but hey...I -bought- them

Cute casual shoes...definatly the $10 club....i think they were 8.77

IMG_0368.jpg

These ones were $11.....

IMG_0365.jpg

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
WalMart...(yea yea...spare me the ethical arguments for now)....

They have the flats in red, navy and the black...

Oh, I know, Miss N...I hate giving them my money too but sometimes, feeding three kids takes precedence over my ideals. You won't hear any carp from me! ;)

Thanks for letting me know...had some things close tonite on the Bay that did well, so maybe I can spare a few bucks for some new shoesies. It IS Mom's Day on Sunday, after all!

Daisy Buchanan

Great shoes Miss Neecerie!:) I really like the second pair. I'm gonna check to see if they have them online since the closest Wal-Mart is about a 1/2 hour drive on a good day, and the shopping plazas that surround it are urban planning gone wrong[huh] More traffic in the suburbs than the city, at least in Mass., not sure if this is a predicament in other parts of the states that have miles and miles of shopping plaza's, all with what seem to be the same stores....
But, no argument here from me about Wal-Mart. I don't have one too close to me, I guess they haven't purged the bigger cities just yet. But, I've visited the ones in the burbs, and they're alright by me. My ex that lives in the Orlando area does all his shopping there. He's on a tight budget, he'd rather spend his money on investments like property than Gap jeans. But for him it's one stop shopping, he even gets his groceries there. He's saved a ton of money because of them. But, that's totally off topic (Daisy, off topic and babbling, Never!:D)!

Kimberly

Practically Family
I'm going to Brinfield on Sunday. It is the last day of the show and it's the only day I can go and I figure that's the best day to get deals as it's the last day and dealers may make better deals so they don't have to load the stuff back in their cars. lol

If you go you are supposed to go super early though I guess traffic is a nightmare.

lindawmn

New in Town
We get there around 7:30, 8:00 AM and do ok with parking and traffic. Weekends, you might need to go earlier.

There were a lot of vendors with vintage clothing but I was amazed at how many were selling damaged or stained items. I'm pretty picky in that regard. There were a lot of lovely purses. Not a lot of deals per se, but you could talk them down a bit. There was tons of costume jewelry, some at very good prices.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Daisy, I was actually waiting for you to post that dress, I knew you got it, because I had my eye on it every second for the last 10 minutes of it, and I actually put in two frantically desperate bids, I knew I wouldn't get it, but I wanted to try anyways. :p I actually thought that second highest bidder would end up taking it, because I snooped a little :eek: , and she has purchased dresses in the past for some seriously expensive prices. But congrats to you, it's a wonderful dress, and such a unique pattern. Hope you find somewhere fancy to wear it! :)

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Grace:)

I'm sorry LadyStardust!! I wish we could start a thread listing the items we are planning on buying on ebay. Whoever lists them first is the one who gets to bid. That way we wouldn't be bidding against one another! But, I think such a list might interfere with the harmony of the Powder Room:(
I've seen that other bidder as well. She has bought some high priced items, and I was very surprised that I won this, for my max bid was only $1 more than what I won the dress for. You ladies are always talking about these dresses that you get for great low prices. Where are you finding them?? I won this dress for $44 and I thought that was a pretty good deal. It's only on the very rare occasions that I find something in the $30 range. I think at the next QM we should have a class on bargain hunting!!

I just won this knit outfit. I guess I'm already preparing for fall, but I thought it was interesting and I haven't anything else like it. This was one of the rare times I actually think I got a bargain, $26.00, I'm pretty happy about that:)
sweater.jpg

sweater1.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

I totally forgot that I bought this a few nights ago at the Port Halcyon store. I've never bought anything from them. Just dropped by to check out the issues of Atomic magazine that they were selling. They have some nice stuff, but it is all really over priced. I actually don't get this. They are a big site in the vintage community, they know what there things would sell for at other online vintage shoppes. I really didn't want to buy anything from them because of this, but I couldn't pass up this two piece knit outfit, it was just too pretty. I'm such a fool, I hope I don't regret it:eek:
VO555865-01.jpg

VO555865-03.jpg

VO555865-04.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Nothing cute and glammy -- just records! They were a dollar each in a used record shop.

L1000755.jpg

Alice Faye In Hollywood (1934-1937)

L1000756.jpg

Ray Noble & His Orchestra 1929-1934

L1000757.jpg

The Very Best Of Slim Whitman

L1000758.jpg

The Complete Charlie Barnet Vol. 1 1935-1937

L1000759.jpg

The Boswell Sisters 1932-1934

I'm guessing these records are from the 60s and 70s. I was stoked to find such treasures, too!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Wow! great purchases ladies, such neat things:eusa_clap
Lady Stardust, how cute are you in that dress!!!!!! soooo adorable.:)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
CanadaDoll said:
Wow! great purchases ladies, such neat things:eusa_clap
Lady Stardust, how cute are you in that dress!!!!!! soooo adorable.:)
Heh, thanks, only it's not me that's modeling it, that's just the ebay picture.:p But I appreciate the sentiment, I hope I can do the dress justice!
And can I just say, fabulous avatar? You look GREAT! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda