Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
you know you have a problem when...

I was just studying outside and the mailman, whom I'd never met, was delivering mail. "Are you Heather?" Yep. "You're the one that's always ordering so much stuff! Stop that!" He was very good natured about it and I said I appreciated all the hard work he was doing for me lol

Tiime to give it a rest! Though I did...just win...more stuff....:rolleyes: but they were dresses in the $10 club!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I just got these for my birthday/mothers day.
vans.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
lol My blue handpainted sweater I just received in the mail and it turns out it is more a bolero than a cardigan. Very pretty, very blue and very soft and sleeves and all fit perfectly but I do believe it was originally a bolero style and the dealer didn't know or something. Still love it though.
Tried to buy some lovely red shoes today but they had an 8 and a 7 and no 7.50 which is what I wear. Why does that seem to happen? Pooh.
Vanessa, I love your dressed especially the bottom one. Oh, how I would love to be my age, know what I know and have the young figure I once had. lol I think this is why I love to dress others and find beautiful stuff to sell.
Since postage is now up drastically will see how this works or doesn't.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Foofoogal, I was wondering how the higher shipping costs were going to effect online sellers. How drastic is the difference?

I just got the black dress and gray suit I won on eBay and both fit perfectly. I am telling you the 1 to 2 inch room rule on measurements is the way to go. Everything I have bought on eBay in the past two months has fit me. I refuse to buy anything with a 26 inch waist even if they are drop dead gorgeous and dirt cheap. :D

Daisy, I am so jealous of your new closet space. I actually bought a sturdy additional closet and now I need another but don't have room for it. :( . It's time for me to round up some stuff to sell at consignment to make room for the new stuff I have been buying lately.

Grace

Vendor
Lovely, lovely things, ladies!

I want to join the $10 club too, but how come everything I bid on always ends up far out of my reach?

*sigh*Champagne taste on a beer budget, I suppose. [huh]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just won these:

saddles.jpg

Today I was shopping online for cropped pants and decided that I MUST have a pair of pink pedal pushers and that I had to have saddle shoes to go with them. I'd not bid on these and almost decided to go the cheaper Payless route, when I decided to check in on my watch list and saw these were up in 7 minutes. I'm sure that I won't regret paying a little more on ebay for real leather ones!

Hep Kitten

New in Town
New to the powder room...

I am totally green with envy, ladies! I properly intoduced myself in the "New Ladies and Gents Step Forward" sticky thread, but I wanted to jump on in and start chatting you all up already. I will (hopefully) have something to post on here real soon, as I bid on yet another vintage hat. Wish me luck! It's great to be here with you gals. :)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Hep Kitten said:
I am totally green with envy, ladies! I properly intoduced myself in the "New Ladies and Gents Step Forward" sticky thread, but I wanted to jump on in and start chatting you all up already. I will (hopefully) have something to post on here real soon, as I bid on yet another vintage hat. Wish me luck! It's great to be here with you gals. :)

Welcome to the Powder Room!! I love it when we get new ladies on this thread so we can oogle at more puchases. You are all a bad infuence on me because it causes me to crave more goodies. lol

I hope you win the hat Hep!

timorous me

Familiar Face
Polka Dot said:
Timorous Me - I hadn't noticed your name before. It's great to see a fellow Ted Leo fan. :)

HOORAY! Somebody noticed! I'm weeping with joy right now! ;-) (I actually have a tattoo from this song, totally off-topic, I know...)

And ladies... this thread always makes me feel inadequate. You give me such a run for my money! Beautiful finds, all!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Well, this is the dress I should be sharing with the rest of the group :rage: :rage: :rage: . I was hoping to wear the thing Saturday. I bought it as a Buy It Now on April 11, emailed when I hadn't even heard from them on the 25th of April and had heart felt apologies, that they were behind on shipping, it was going out first thing in the morning. Still nothing my the 8th of May so I emailed again and no reply. Emailed again a few minutes ago saying if I had nothing by next Weds I wanted a refund. Just got a rely saying it must be lost in postal land and they refunded my money.

91_2.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
HTML:
how the higher shipping costs were going to effect online sellers. How drastic is the difference?

:eek:fftopic: Thanks for asking Kimberly, It will be awful really. I posted a link about it under the news forum here at FL.
Most dramatic for large items on my antiques store but since I give free USA shipping on vintage clothing for now ok.
Really bad for buyers in other countries like Japan buying my stuff. :eusa_doh:
The dealers on the mall I am on are having fits. Then when I went to mail something today the local post lady was trying to explain how to figure out width x's height x's length multiplied by 7. We were both rolling laughing. I would o listened more in math if I would of known I had to be a math major. lol Math is my honeys forte. My eyes gloss over. As you can see not too technical either. I can spell extremely well though. :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
DimeADanceQueen said:
http://www.gojane.com/19079.html

Please forgive the link, firewall prevents loading of photos into photobucket.
These are simply awesome and for $14.99, how can you go wrong?! :) :)
They are available in black, red, and navy and in a variety of sizes!
I got the red ones! :)

I recommend checking out the whole site! They have some seriously cute shoes, most of which were under $19.99.

Gasp! Cheap shoes. I love you.

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks again for the link to the cute store DimeADance. I just ordered a bunch of very cute VI dresses as well as some very cute belts:)

Just won this pretty dress on the bay. I'll have to have it taken in at the waist, or possibly the belt will cinch it enough, but I've been having to buy bigger dresses to accommodate my new chest. I've never had this problem before. I'm so used to things being big in the chest because I've always been heavier on the bottom. Now I'm just heavy all over, but heavier in the top than the bottom:( I'm finding it difficult to find dresses big enough in the bust, so I'm gonna have to buy minimizing bras if I plan on wearing any of my vintage dresses. So I scooped up this dress because the bust measurements are larger.
I got the pretty black dancers dress in the mail today. It's a bit too tight in the bust but it fits great in the waist. If I gain an ounce it won't fit at all. But I wore it this evening without a girdle, and although a little uncomfortable, it looked nice. My very cute neighbor said I looked "very pretty" :D. It's nice to have a compliment from a handsome guy!!

Blue40s1.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Congrats LadyDay!! It's lovely:eusa_clap

Why is it whenever one of you fine gals posts a picture of something cool that you won, I want one too! Like a few months back we were discussing jewelry, and I went out an bid on a bunch of plastic and bakelite. Now I want more compacts. It's like every few days someone shows me something vintage that I don't have enough of!! This is a very, very dangerous place!!:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW