Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i too love the yellow dress! i love yellow and black together. i have a couple buttons identical to the black one on this dress, but in royal blue! they're still on the card. i have yet to figure out what would be worthy of them...

Kimberly

Practically Family
I fell in love with it when I first saw it. Once I tried it on, it didn't matter what the price was. lol . There was also a stunning blue 1930s dress that I loved but it didn't fit which is good now that I think of it because she wanted $150 for it! :eek:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wowza, all of you ladies have gotten such incredible things!!:eusa_clap
Sarah, I like everything you got, but I especially love the fruit and plastic jewelry:)

Vivenne all of your hats are incredible!! Really truly spectacular.

Kimberly, as usual you find great things. Both dresses are incredible. That house dress looks perfect!

Goldwyn Girl, that stuffed animal is great!! I love the bonnet dryer as well. I bought a modern one, and it really is great to be able to heat set my hair (when I have the time) rather than sleeping in curlers. I've been wanting a vintage one. Do report back on how it works out for you:)

Really incredible finds ladies:D and thanks so much for the compliments.
Thora, the brocade dress has bow details on either side. I can't really figure out what is going on, for the seller didn't show a closeup of it. I'm in love with the fabric too! I definitely don't have anything like it, and it's rare that I find a dress that I really like and it is a very rare when I find a dress that is actually too big on me:eek" I like the fabric so much though, so it will be worth having to spend a little more money to have it altered

Thora, I've been wanting to have Hemingway Jones take some vintage-y pictures of me, but I want to wait a little be to see if I drop a few pounds. I used to have him take pictures every time something vintage arrived. But since I've gained some weight, I've been avoiding the camera.
I went on a shopping spre with JBD, got a darling compact and some other cute accessories including a great pineapple plastic necklace that I thought didn't have a clasp, but it turns out that one of the pineapples is a hidden clasp. The pineapple unscrews to open the necklace, which I thought was clever, but then again I don't really know much about vintage jewelry:(
I also got a darling pair of pineapple earrings. Surprisingly from a different store than where I got the necklace. They aren't a matched set, for the earrings are a bit more yellow in color, but the two pieces compliment each other quite well. My favorite purchase though is a black velvet 1940's pill box hat with a veil. It looks to be deadstock and it's got a veil. I love the way it looks tilted at an angle, placed in between two rolls. I've wantd a hat with that kn=ind of ability for a very long time. I'm gonna attempt to do my hair and makeup and ask Hemingway if he will take some pictures, that is if I can get on my head!!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
It's pink so I had to buy it.

fullView.asp

It's new but has a vintage look. So yeah.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
1950s sequined cardigan. This was a complete bargain as I found it in a charity shop for £6!
50scardigan.jpg

Amazing western cropped jacket, great with high waisted jeans. From Rokit in Covent Garden.
cowgirltop.jpg

Beautiful items all, but these are my favorites!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Oh Kimberly, that yeller dress is adorable! Love the big black button!

I have a yellow and black dress from the 1910's, I call it my bumble bee dress!

Nikki

Esther May

New in Town
As mnetioned previously by the other girls, Kimberly, your yellow dress is adorable!

Here's what I've scored...
41GK7XTVV7L__SS260_.jpg

from Target

ah1.jpg

From Ebay..I'm so excited because I can't ever find corsets which are small enough to fit me

ah-1.jpg

From Ebay as well:)

klara

One of the Regulars
Tinseltown
Thanks for the tip.

Daisy Buchanan
Thanks for those sweet words. Yes, I bought him on ebay this week.
By the way, the gown you recently won is beautiful!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Woooweeeee Sarah! Weclome to the lounge! What gorgeous goodies you've bought! I love that dress on you.. and those fruit earrings are darling! And that red and white blouse! LUCKY!!

Daisy, love the color of that gown with caplet. Sorta the shade I wanna paint my bathroom, lol! Hey, we wanna see more pics of you wearing all this garb, you're holding out on us! :p

Viv great hats. I need to start collecting more myself.

Texas, wonderful dress, you're right~ perfect for the Bonnie and Clyde event.

I'm having a helluva time finding navy shoes for my brother's wedding on the 26th! My dress is a late 30's navy number with white lace front. I bought one vintage pair on the bay, too small. Bought another great pair of vintage peeps-bay again, they fit, but are far too dark!! I've just bought these, so I hope they match AND arrive in time. Navy shoes are so scarce, you can't even find them in the stores. UGH!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140118670456

Nikki

Thanks ohairas! :) I joined a while ago and visit often but don't post as much as I should. I love the gingham blouse too although I've discovered some stains which I seem to have missed when I bought it and am praying that they come out!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
More fruit earrings! I managed to get these gorgeous banana earrings today from the Battersea vintage fair. When I tried them on the stall owner said, "How very Carmen Miranda!" and I was sold. I've managed to chip them already though :eusa_doh:
bananaearrings.jpg

1940s or 1950s (not entirely sure) brooch which I thought matched some earrings that I already own but the colour is different, as you can see. Also from the fair.
broocheearrings.jpg

I won this 1950s milk glass strawberry necklace yesterday on Ebay
strawberry.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
More from me

I can't keep up with this thread! So, how about I add a little to it! More from that estate sale I went to last month. I am slowly sending things off to the dry cleaners. Some of the clothing I'm just to afraid to try to clean myself. :p The dry cleaners has done a beautiful job on the things I have taken him so far! Here are two more dresses that I bought for $10 bucks each. They cost about $20 to dry clean a piece. So, they are my 30 dollar dresses now. lol The black one with the bows will need to be altered on the shoulders because it's to big, but I think it will be worth doing. The other dress fits like a dream:)
beaded40sdress.jpg

50sdressblackbows.jpg

Edit to add this sweet gab western shirt and pant suit! To bad I'm not skinny enough to wear it!

gabwest.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eek: Oh Mary, you lucky dog! Gorgeous clothes! I love that first dress! $30 isn't bad with cleaning! ;)
Awesome western suit, I'm sure you'll find someone to take it off your hands!
Nikki

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
Think QM ladies, it's like one really big vintage fashion show:D I'm also thinking about it because it's motivating me to drop a few pounds:eek:

I loved this post (which I cut down for length). I so want to attend the QM event this year--I can't wait for some info to be posted so I can start making plans. I can't remember Daisy, but maybe you do, was there a thread so folks going on their own could connect to share rooms?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael