Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
Here are some REALLY BAD I have come to the conclusion that I do look like a man in drag Dude, looks like a lady...
gown01.jpg

She's got CRAZZZZYYYYYY eyes!!!
gown02.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Lolita--and I know everyone thinks they look awful in photographs but let me assure you look lovely and feminine (although your Aerosmith references did make me laugh out loud!). Fabulous dress!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Wow! You gals sure can shop!:eusa_clap

Lolita: that dress looks adorable on you! I can't believe you can get all your gorgeous hair under that hood!;)

Kimberly: Love that cute jacket and it looks so nice with the yellow dress too! BTW, Your hair looks cute too:) You are the thrift store/yard sale queen!

Pink: Cute deadstock dress!

Laughing: Amazing suit!!!

And to all the other gals with their amazing finds... keep up the good work;)

Foofoogal

Banned
I sold a vintage quilt so now I have more money to buy VBO and other goodies for the Christmas season.

MMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAA! Kiss!

Oh, this is so dangerous...........

Hep Kitten

New in Town
LolitaHaze said:
Here are some REALLY BAD photos of me in the gown. It fits!! Yay! I do have to slim down slightly in the hips to keep from bulging, but it isn't tight at all. Yay! It was a long day and I have come to the conclusion that I do look like a man in drag :eusa_doh: ... and I have crazy eyes... don't try to convince me otherwise. lol Oh and the color is wonky because I didn't have enough light when I snapped the photos... so I tried to (unsuccessfully) to fix it in PS.

Dude, looks like a lady...
gown01.jpg

She's got CRAZZZZYYYYYY eyes!!!
gown02.jpg

:eusa_clap *cat call* You gotta be kidding me! You are lovely, as is the gown. Were you referring to 'Rules of Engagement' when you said "crazy eyes?" It's a new show I find hysterical and they had an episode that said to be on the look-out for girls with CRAZY EYES 'cuz they were a little, well...crazy. lol

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Kimberly said:
:eek: Laughing Magpie! Both of those items are stunning! I love the color of the suit!!!

I picked up a 40's blazer today for $3.00 at a flea market and some women's mags for $1.00 each that are 40's. I did very well again today.

Here is a pic of the jacket as well as a pic of my yellow dress with a thin ribon type belt that I promised.

yellowdresshairrolls.jpg

yellowdressinsun.jpg

Cute as a button, Kim. And, btw, you're working that hair! Why oh why must I be such a hefer that I haven't found ONE thing to get at the VBO? [huh] In any case, I am happy for all you gals that have. :)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks Hep and you are not a hefer!!! I think you look great in that photo and have curves in all the right places! Just keep looking and you will find something I am sure of it (there is still 3 more days and I know sellers are still listing).

Someone stop me. I just won this on the bay. I have come to the conclusion that Sunday afternoons are the most dangerous for me when it comes to eBay. My justification for this one is the fact that it has the same feel as the yellow one that I paid a lot more money for. The way I look at it is I had to buy the dress at the price I got it for because I know I would have paid a lot more for it at the vintage store just 15 minutes away from me. :D

redginghamdress001.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly I love it.. you simiply coundn't pass it up! I notice it doesn't seem to have a belt either. Another option you might like is to take the ribbon or whatever and put it thru the the loops but tie it behind the back. This way it will still cinch in but not take away from the looks of the front if the belt doesn't match exactly.

LOVE your hair up/back in the yellow dress!

Your wardrobe certainly has grown since you came aboard here, and lots of great deals! I can tell you're having so much fun with it too, yeah!

Nikki

Shearer

Practically Family
I haven't been around much because I've been busy with work and other stuff, but lemme just say... man, you guys have been busy with the buying! It's actually kinda fun to come in here after a few days and go backwards through this thread to see what you've been up to ;)

I haven't bought anything in a long time besides boring running shoes but VBO rolled around and I managed to actually get a $12 dress... and that's good for me! lol

And then two things that weren't VBO:

I like big buttons and I can't deny... <------ okay, I should be thrown out for saying that, but I do:

maple2.jpg

And this, which was described as having a "torpedo bust" and that's just kryptonite for me :D

bulletbust.jpg

Now I'll just have to give up that lucite purse a friend was negotiating for me :eusa_doh:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Magpie that suit and cloak are amazing!

Kimberly the dress looks great with that jacket, and I really like the ribbon belt:)

Shearer, both of those dresses are great! I love the color and the big buttons on the pink one. Way to go with the "kryptonite", just be careful, it's not good for Superman:D

I had some unexpected finds today. I took a trip up to coastal Maine and ended up dropping by an antique store that has 4 floors of different sellers. I didn't get any pretty dresses like you ladies, but I did get some very cute accessories. I bought a light brown handbag with a wooden handle for $3! The cutest wicker basket handbag with velvet flower and wooden fruit on the front. It has a little door in the back that opens up to the inside. I've never seen anything like it. It's in mint condition and only cost me $3.50. A few more 40's leather bags, and one white summer bag with a crocheted handle and beads with a big bakelite clasp. This bag was my most expensive vintage purchase at $7:D I also got a great pair of gold platform shoes in great condition with an ankle strap. I really thought that these would be of higher price, but I flipped them over, and there I saw the tag that read $10! When the cashier was ringing me out she informed me the seller was having a 50% off sale, so I got them for 5 bucks!! Pardon my excitement, but I never get deals like this. I'm gonna go up north more often!! I got a bunch of really cute earrings and pins, most bakelite, for 75 cents a pair! I also got this very cool 50's curling iron, still in the box. It has different attachments so you can make different size curls. It was marked $18 but rang in the register for $9. It's basically a thin pin curl curling iron, with pieces that slide over the heated end to make the curls bigger. There's 3 different sizes in the box. I know it's not from the 40's, the box is dated 1952, but I have seen irons like this go on ebay for a lot more, without the original box and directions. So I'm thrilled about this purchase:)
This place was great, a true hidden treasure. I will definitely be going up there much more. Oh, I almost forgot. I also got a first edition, first printing of an Ian Flemming book, signed by Ian Flemming, for $12. I'm not sure that these are really worth anything, but I think it's very fun to have the autograph of the creator of James Bond:)

Lastly, while in the Ralph Lauren outlet I came across a small silver mesh bag with a beautiful rhinestone clasp. I couldn't believe it, it looks so very much like a Whiting and Davis bag that I have from the 20's. I had to get it, even though it was $50. It was just so cool to see this modern bag that was pretty much an exact copy of a bag that I have, right down to the type of chain they used for the handle. To my great surprise, when the cashier rang it in it was 50% off!:D So, I was thrilled!!

It was a great day although I did do some damage in the JCrew outlet. My everyday look, when I'm not dressing vintage is quite preppy. JCrew has a lot of really cute stuff this season for those of you who dress modern. I got an adorable seerscuker pant suit with a fitted jacket and flat front trousers. I got a pair of very soft cotton white, kind of wide leg trousers, and I had to stop myself from buying just about every dress that they had. I did get a very cute olive green shirt dress/safari type dress with epalets at the shoulders, big tan buttons and a belted waist. Oh, and what I think was my best modern purchase for the day, a darling just below the knee kind of full skirt with a map of the bahamas on it! It's really cute and colorful, and will be perfect for a vacation to the beach.

Well, you all are getting such great vintage things!! I'm glad you're having some luck with VBO. I don't know why, I'm just not finding anything on ebay. But, that's OK:) I've had a very good run lately...

Kimberly

Practically Family
Shearer, those dresses are fabulous

Oharias, yes I do get enthusastic about vintage. It is my new obsessive collection and it leaves me in awe when I see beautiful clothes that have withstood over 60 years of life and still in wearable condition :D

Daisy, I am so proud of you!! You got fantsatic deals and must feel so good about them. I actually go up to coastal Maine (York) every August. My mothers husband owns a beach house there and I always check out the antique shops. They always seem more reasonably priced than the antique shops around here. It is one of the things I look forward to the most when I go up there.

Esther May

New in Town
Shearer said:
I haven't been around much because I've been busy with work and other stuff, but lemme just say... man, you guys have been busy with the buying! It's actually kinda fun to come in here after a few days and go backwards through this thread to see what you've been up to ;)

I haven't bought anything in a long time besides boring running shoes but VBO rolled around and I managed to actually get a $12 dress... and that's good for me! lol

And then two things that weren't VBO:

I like big buttons and I can't deny... <------ okay, I should be thrown out for saying that, but I do:

maple2.jpg

And this, which was described as having a "torpedo bust" and that's just kryptonite for me :D

bulletbust.jpg

Now I'll just have to give up that lucite purse a friend was negotiating for me :eusa_doh:
Shearer, those dresses are lovely! This is what I bought from the VBO
dsp_bv16a.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Kimberly:) Yes I'm very proud I finally got some good deals. I get up to Maine and New Hampshire quite often. It's a great place to go, and an easy day trip, although sometime my day trips turn into 2 or 3 because I end up not wanting to go back to the city! But yesterday I was good and only went for the day. I'm possibly renting a place in York this summer. I'll let you know when, maybe we'll be there at the same time!

Congrats Pigeon Toe! Your new dress is lovely, and that color will look striking with your coloring:)

Very pretty dress Esther! It's really very pretty:)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Pink... Thank you. I am so excited... I can't wait til I can wear it out!!

ShooshooBaby... I have only seen these dresses in movies... I love it so much! It needs a good cleaning, but I am happy with it nonetheless.

Laughing magpie... That suit is darling! And the opera coat... smashing!!!

Kimberly... You look so sweet in your new clothes! Wonderful choices!!

ImOldFashioned... Thank you... I just feel so broad in the shoulders. lol

MaryDeluxe... It is funny that you say that, because I was having a bit of trouble trying to stuff all my hair back there... I can only imagine how puffy it looks in the back.

HepKitten... Thank you. :) Ooh... so close... Crazy eyes came from How I Met Your Mother when Marshal was dating that new girl... and Ted and Barney could see the Crazy Eyes. :)

Shearer... That dress is too divine! I just want to rip it off you and wear it myself!!

Esther May... I bet that dress is going to look fabulous while twirling!

Pigeon Toe... That dress is a beaut!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael