Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

zaika

One Too Many
ImOldFashioned...thank you!
Ohhh....I know. I'm already shopping for the next one...but I'm forced to be patient which is a blessing in disguise! Now I can have money to, you know, pay bills and stuff. hehe.

I had those on my watch list and when I went back to get them they were gone. I am so glad you got them LD.
Lady Day said:
On the other hand I pic up some VBO items...
img_7763.jpg
A lot of patterns! :) *pun intended*

LD

Adele

One of the Regulars
I finally obtained a digital camera to which to borrow, so I can finally show you gals my skirt I purchased not too long ago. Now before I show it, I have to say that when I saw the skirt, I immediately thought of this one, thus I suppose I can say it was my inspiration:

http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/TCM/Images/Dynamic/i32/SteamboatBill_WP_1024x768_052420051613.jpg

Here is mine:
DSCF0980.jpg

I'm still looking for the shoes, to which, when I get a top five selection, I might have to ask you gals for your opinion (if I can't make up my mind). I think I have found a hat for this outfit as well, but I'm not quite sure considering the outfit right now has more of a 1920s feel to me, than 1930s (and the hat is an early 1930s one), although perhaps I can make it more 1930s someway.

Now, I'm thinking of pairing it off with this sweater (though I still need to get the undershirt for it):
DSCF0981.jpg

I know the photographs aren't the best ones, but I took them in a hurry. So, yes, forgive me.

zaika

One Too Many

zaika

One Too Many
i went 'antique-ing' yesterday! i set a 50 dollar budget and stuck to it! here's what i got!

a marcel wave iron! it works...really well! just not sure how to use it as i style.

1306458094_c8429dadd3.jpg

a few patterns...hopefully i'll be able to do stuff w/ it.

1305575605_23c70e8ca3.jpg
1306459008_acea00f47f.jpg
1305575871_2ff6ae4bab.jpg

a book of crochet patterns for various hats and bags...if you want scans...lemme know!

1306459354_0f104903c7.jpg

and a hat!

1305576219_bbb344b16e.jpg

anyway...i had so much fun yesterday and will be going again to find more little gems.

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
These are all great but I especially love the hat--great color, it will look so pretty with your hair.

it's a great hat! there are little nubs near the ribbon part where two feathers used to be. i'll totally have to replace them!

1309072633_cfbbadd69b.jpg

glass susie

New in Town
I was marshalling at the Goodwood Revival this weekend. In a break from waving flags at the fabulous racing cars, I checked out the stalls selling original vintage clothing and accesories. I found a guy from South London that was selling his hand made leather shoes and ordered a pair of two tone brogues for my very picky husaband. He has wanted a pair for ages but could no find a pair he liked so this guy would make any combination of colours in any design. Anyway, I then noticed the ladies shoes and he noticed I had mens shoes on with my ATS uniform. He then produced a replica pair of ATS shoes! I nearly fainted! Anyway here they are and I am chuffed to bits with them. I kept them on for the rest of the day and they were so comfey.

ATSshoes004.jpg

ATSshoes008.jpg

With my boys on my motorbike.
GoodwoodRev07041.jpg

Back on duty, showing the cars my flags!
GoodwoodRev07160.jpg

The maker explained to me that he collects vintage shoes but takes them apart to copy and makes the replicas. I wish I had taken a photo of his stall, it was incredible!

Also, as I wrote out my email address he asked if I could repair some stained glass for him!

PS Is there anywhere on the lounge I can put some more piccies of the Goodwood Revival? It's a one off motor racing event where the public are encouraged to dress up in period clothing from the Second World War-1966.

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
glass susie said:
PS Is there anywhere on the lounge I can put some more piccies of the Goodwood Revival? It's a one off motor racing event where the public are encouraged to dress up in period clothing from the Second World War-1966.
I think the Steamer Trunk would be the best place for the pictures. (Oh, and I love your new shoes!)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Yes Susie do put up the pics! I was wishing I was at Goodwood, even as I drove to my parents' house (who leave nearish) and seeing all the signs along the roads (and the 'sold out' ones below)!

Was it Colin the Shoemaker? He is lovely, can be a bit vague sometimes though so make sure you chase him if you haven't heard from him in a reasonable time!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
She wanted $30 for it, but it was listed as 'offers considered'. The trick is, on the counter offer (your second offer), to only go up 2 or 3 dollars, that way its the offer that gets sent to the dealer, and its not too far off from what you want to pay :)

I love make me an offer stuff!

LD

glass susie

New in Town
Fleur De Guerre said:
Yes Susie do put up the pics! I was wishing I was at Goodwood, even as I drove to my parents' house (who leave nearish) and seeing all the signs along the roads (and the 'sold out' ones below)!

Was it Colin the Shoemaker? He is lovely, can be a bit vague sometimes though so make sure you chase him if you haven't heard from him in a reasonable time!

My hubbie has put some pics in the Steamer Trunk.

I think it was Colin, his first initial was C and he spookily had the same surname as us! He came across as a lovely guy with a passion for his work! Cheers for the tip on chasing him. I'll chase him anyway as he wasnts me to repair some stained glass for him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats