Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
hobbysjj9.jpg

I want to be this girl! What a great graphic!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
pigeon toe said:
Unfortunately, the seller of the studded wedgies told me that there was a tear in the leather and I either take the shoes as is, or get a refund. I took the refund! Oh well.

Oh, I'm so sorry Pigeon Toe! What a disappointment.

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
dandelion-vint said:
I love those shoes with the studs and the bows!

I'm expecting this great set in a few days. I got it from Glamoursurf on ebay. I was surprised that I didn't get outbid. It's a dress with a capelet that has a panel down the front. I'm a big fan of green.

1545519395_0a8869e545.jpg

I LOVE the coat! Oh I want it!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Forgive me if this doesn't work - just trying to learn how to post photos.
Just bought this and I have to say it looks so perfect in person and on I cannot wait to wear it. Plus its nice and heavy for these minnesota winters...
69156625_tp.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
Just bought this and I have to say it looks so perfect in person and on I cannot wait to wear it. Plus its nice and heavy for these minnesota winters...
69156625_tp.jpg

What a cute dress--so many details! I love the pleating at the waist, the sleeve cuffs, the collar. Great color too.

Josephine

One Too Many
The Shirt said:

I was looking at that one too! Not to buy, unfortunately, my wallet is very thin at the moment. Go you! :eusa_clap

lyburnum

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
I hit the antique shops yesterday and found these:

spshake1.jpg

spshake2.jpg

The most Art Moderne salt-and-pepper shakers I've ever seen! These really are the most lovely things I've seen in a very long time. I just HAD to buy them.

Ahhhh I love love love these! They're amazing! What a great find.

lyburnum

Practically Family
Ok, so I work at Gap and though I love my job one of the annoying things is that I can never really wear anything I like to work, as lets face it, Gap doesn't exactly stock vintage reproductions. Which means once the items go out of season I never wear them again. However today I popped in to update my work wardrobe and found these.

They're not exactly vintage, but I thought they were the closest I've seen Gap come and are definitely items I'd want to wear outside of work as well as as work. I'm much prefering Gap UK now they've got European designers working for them!

161007004.jpg
161007005.jpg

The dress is a little short for my taste, as I'm a big fan of midi lengths. So I'll probably get some black opaque tights to go with it.

161007006.jpg

What do you think? Can I get away wearing them in vintage outfits?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
161007004.jpg

Both pieces are lovely and "vintagable" I think but I especially love the dress, lyburnum--really pretty. Opaque tights are a godsend for the modest, aren't they? I dug mine out of storage over the weekend since it's getting to be that time of year again.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Neecerie said:
for what its worth, those shakers go on a Wedgewood stove.

clock.gif

http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/pages/wwdgd.html

So now you just need to go stove hunting! ;)

That's so cool that you came across that!!
But still, I love those shakers, even on their own!
Oh what I wouldn't do for a stove like the ones on that link Neecerie!! Great, I already have to buy new living room furniture, which I shouldn't do because I'm still not working. But, redecorating one room inspired me to start redecorating the living room, which is now causing me to want to redecorate the kitchen!! Do you know of the store Domain?? They are now selling vintage inspired stoves in all different colors. So now they not only have the coolest furniture, but they also have cool kitchen equipment! We have a great store here that is three stories tall that is full of vintage inspired kitchen/dining room stuff. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, which is a good thing because I'm trying my hardest to get the cool stuff they have out of my head!!!

Mojito

One Too Many
Loving everything that has been posted (including the magazine cover with the sewing manequin coming to life!)

Lyburnum, I think you're one of the few people who can really carry off that baby doll dress - it suits you! You look lovely...not too waifish, not too girlish, but the perfect mix of sophisticated and youthful.

Amy Jeanne, those s & p shakers are just...perfect. For some reason, taken out of the context of the stove, they say "Liner" to me, although they're not necessarily nautical...must be the associations I make with Art Moderne.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
161007004.jpg

Both pieces are lovely and "vintagable" I think but I especially love the dress, lyburnum--really pretty.

I agree, both are "vintagable." I'm imagining the sweater with a pair of slim-fitting cigarette pants and a pair of ballet flats.

lonestarcasie

New in Town
So beautiful and sleek

Daisy Buchanan said:
That's so cool that you came across that!!
But still, I love those shakers, even on their own!
Oh what I wouldn't do for a stove like the ones on that link Neecerie!! Great, I already have to buy new living room furniture, which I shouldn't do because I'm still not working. But, redecorating one room inspired me to start redecorating the living room, which is now causing me to want to redecorate the kitchen!! Do you know of the store Domain?? They are now selling vintage inspired stoves in all different colors. So now they not only have the coolest furniture, but they also have cool kitchen equipment! We have a great store here that is three stories tall that is full of vintage inspired kitchen/dining room stuff. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, which is a good thing because I'm trying my hardest to get the cool stuff they have out of my head!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAA. So amazing. I would love a vintage stove and at least a vintage style fridge. Its like jewelry.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lonestarcasie said:
AAAAAAAAAAAA. So amazing. I would love a vintage stove and at least a vintage style fridge. Its like jewelry.

HA! I have a vintage 1920's stove in our basement - it came with our house. It's never seen the light of day, because it won't fit through the doorway!

So at some point in the future when I am interested in getting to it, I will have to take down a wall. lol

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn