Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MissHannah

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
eBayISAPI.dll

This was an impulse bid. I am not sure how many of these I'll keep as I can't see them well. and the oldest ones look like they may be children's patterns. I will scan them when I actualy receive them. I am also not sure if they're complete or not.

It looks like one of them (top left) is deffo a children's pattern but the dresses on the right with the contrast collars look fabulous.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I just won this for £4.99:
0d7e_1.jpg

I think it's probably going to be a little big but I couldn't resisit that green!

Also, some new saddle shoes - deadstock for £12.50:
ff8b_1.jpg

Now... I must stop spending money!!!

epr25

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Anybody ever seen one of these before?

2c76_1.jpg

And yes DPD - absolute bargain on that cardi!

I saw this an wasn't quite sure about it? I thought that it might be a cute option for my unruly hair during the summer. Please post some pics when you get this so we can see it on a head.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
What wonderful purchases everyone has. Miss Hannah, I bought a pattern to make those overalls and I'm so pleased to see them on a real person. Can you tell me what fabric they are ?
I wanted some saddle shoes but hubby said NO, which surprises me as he never says no to anything so I guess he really dose'nt like them, oh well I bought this instead. I love squaw dresses and have a turquoise one but I've been wanting a black one for ever and found this yesterday.

squaredancedress1.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
Ok, I have just returned from Vivien of Holloway where I splurged £85 on a pencil skirt and some rosie the riveter-style overalls. Now, here is my dilemma... I LOVE the overalls and I think they quite suit me (certainly better than I had hoped - I thought I was a bit too lanky to pull them off!) but am I too old at 35 to get away with a look that is this cutesy? Honest opinions please - I haven't taken the tags off yet so they could go back.

RosieOveralls2.jpg

RosieOveralls1.jpg

Oh WOW! I love them! Are those the longer length leg? I really want some but didn't know if they'd be long enough in either the body or the leg!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fleur: they only came in one length as far as I could tell but miraculously they are long enough for me, although I've had to turn down the turn-ups! Vivien's trousers are always too short for me but these are spot on.

Goldwyn Girl: the fabric is a heavy weight, yet soft, cotton twill I think.

I've been wearing them all day today and I feel fabulous in them :)

MissHannah

One Too Many
My new saddle shoes just arrived and they are too small :(
I'm going to put them back on ebay but before I do would any small-footed gal here like to take them off my hands? They are a UK 3.5 - 4 and I'll sell them for a tenner plus postage. They are deadstock but there is a teensy bit of yellowing to the toes and the insoles are curling a little, otherwise perfect.

saddleshoes.jpg

Shorty

New in Town
MissHannah, I'm interested in your saddle shoes and tried to send you a private message but for some reason I couldn't send it.

I'm not sure about UK sizes but isn't European size 37 UK size 4???? How wide shoes are? I've got small feet but wide....

Please e-mail to hanne.markoff@pp.inet.fi so maybe we can do some business :)

By the way, if anyone is interested I've got some 40's + 50's dresses (most of them are american and bought from ebay) for sale and also 40's repro denim overalls (W29 Hips 40) + blue Vivien of Holloway wide leg pants (UK size 10), 40's grey and black wedge sandals and white/wine red saddle shoes are looking for a new owner. So please feel free to e-mail me and ask for pictures and more information.

Blondie

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
What wonderful purchases everyone has. Miss Hannah, I bought a pattern to make those overalls and I'm so pleased to see them on a real person. Can you tell me what fabric they are ?
I wanted some saddle shoes but hubby said NO, which surprises me as he never says no to anything so I guess he really dose'nt like them, oh well I bought this instead. I love squaw dresses and have a turquoise one but I've been wanting a black one for ever and found this yesterday.

squaredancedress1.jpg

Hey G.G,
Maybe show him the brown and white "Marilyn Monroe" saddle shoes on Muffy's, he might just change his mind !!!!!

Snookie

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
I love squaw dresses and have a turquoise one but I've been wanting a black one for ever and found this yesterday.

squaredancedress1.jpg

Goldwyn Girl, what's a squaw dress? Obviously, it's a super cute dress! But I wondered what the term really refers to, and where it comes from. Does it have to have tiers, or have the poufy skirt, or something else?

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Snookie, to tell the truth I don't really know how they got that name. They were popular in the southwest in the fifties. They are also called patio dresses. I would say it has to do with the design and the fancy pattern trim. They do have a very full skirt and by what I've seen are usually tiered. Here is a still from this fabulous film clip I found, featuring lots of squaw dresses

western_fashions_00000008.jpg

Film clip
http://www.archive.org/details/western_fashions

leaette

A-List Customer
This is my persian lamb coat and muff. I got this 2 years ago, just never posted this. This is in MINT condition. I got it from a local antique store who bought out one lady's estate. The guy said they didn't have any kids and she spent all her money on coats, purses, and gloves. So I got this set for a whopping $55! And it's a large size too. Will fit a size 1X loosely. Not only is the muff a muff but it's also a purse. (it's on the left of the picture, it kind of blends in). The purse looks like it's never been used. I love my coat. Hardly wear it though. I think I will wear it to our anniversary dinner next week.

The coat is a swing coat. Really wide at the bottom. It's hip level. Has shorter sleeves but is also the persian lamb up about 6 or so inches so you can cuff the sleeves too for a shorter sleeve coat and wear longer gloves. Has a beautiful satin/paisley lining.

hat048.jpg

hat049.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Snookie, to tell the truth I don't really know how they got that name. They were popular in the southwest in the fifties. They are also called patio dresses. I would say it has to do with the design and the fancy pattern trim. They do have a very full skirt and by what I've seen are usually tiered. Here is a still from this fabulous film clip I found, featuring lots of squaw dresses

western_fashions_00000008.jpg

Film clip
http://www.archive.org/details/western_fashions

That's such a cute video, GG! Thanks for posting it. I've never heard of squaw dresses before, I guess you contributed the new thing I learned today. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy