Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Fifties*Freak I was watching those wedgies on eBay too! It's long story, but I had to apply for a new bank account/ debit card and because of that I can't get get to any of my cash for a few more days so I couldn't bid on the...I'm glad they went to someone who will wear them and love them!:)

D

Deleted member 3716

MissHannah said:
Ok, I have just returned from Vivien of Holloway where I splurged £85 on a pencil skirt and some rosie the riveter-style overalls. Now, here is my dilemma... I LOVE the overalls and I think they quite suit me (certainly better than I had hoped - I thought I was a bit too lanky to pull them off!) but am I too old at 35 to get away with a look that is this cutesy? Honest opinions please - I haven't taken the tags off yet so they could go back.

RosieOveralls2.jpg

RosieOveralls1.jpg

hi hannah,

i LOVE these overalls and was thinking of asking a friend in london to pick me up a pair,but here's the thing:
im kinda..."busty" (32F) - do you think there is enough room in that area?
im only 5'4" as well...

they aren't going to fit me at all are they? lol
i can but dream....

MissHannah

One Too Many
paula said:
hi hannah,

i LOVE these overalls and was thinking of asking a friend in london to pick me up a pair,but here's the thing:
im kinda..."busty" (32F) - do you think there is enough room in that area?
im only 5'4" as well...

they aren't going to fit me at all are they? lol
i can but dream....

Well, I'm not busty and there is a lot of room for maneouvre in there! I was actually considering taking them in a little under the arms. So you might get away with it. I'm a 32C/D if that helps you to work it out. Leg length will probably be a bit much (I'm 5'9") but they can always be taken up. Let me know if I can provide you with any specific measurements of mine which are a 10. Vivien's stuff is usually fairly generous with the boobage, or at least usually a little roomy on me :)

Also, I have a 10% off voucher for the shop which has to be used by the end of the month, so if you do decide to go for them before the end of feb let me know and I will post it to you.

D

Deleted member 3716

cheers lady! :cheers1:
i couldn't ask you for your voucher though.
im sure you'll find something else to buy!

i have a couple of VOH dresses at home, i think they are a 10 but i'll have to check...
they run quite small if i remember correctly.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Yup - very small! I'm usually an 8 in the modern world. I know a 10 is a 24" waist in Vivien's sizing but not sure about bust and hips. You could always call the shop and get them to give you the measurements of the overalls - I'm sure they would oblige.

I am honestly NOT going to use that voucher - I can't possibly afford anything else from her this month so it's seriously yours for the taking if you need it!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Twilight, thats a lovely purse.

Fifties*Freak, I do especially like the shoes and the black dress.

Miss Brill, what a beautiful brush and a bargain.

My hubby won this on ebay for me for our anniversary next week. It will look much better with the correct belt.

130_001.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fifties*Freak said:
Here are my latest purchases.... can you tell I like pink?

40s_rose_crepe_0242.jpg

2Fusers2Fvaluedcustomer2Fdesktop2Fupload2F100_30091.jpg

bc01_121.jpg

2a11_11.jpg

Lovely buys as always Fifties*Freak. I was watching that black dress, I loved the collar/tie detailing and puffed sleeves. I'm guessing it went for alot? Cute wedges too.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn, your hubby is very sweet. Did he pick it out all by himself?

Miss Brill, awesome brush. Have you made up a name for the intitials?

Fifties Freak, I love your purchases! Don't know which I like best! Nice haul!

Twilight, I have a purse just like that. It's a shame your shop is closing. Was it one of your favorites?

Leaette, fab comb score!!

Epr I don't know where I'll wear the Scarlett dress. I have so many of these film costumes now. I just wait for an opportunity. I'm sure I'll have some pics made in it tho!
Nikki

SarahLouise

Practically Family
If I posted absolutely everything that I've purchased lately then I would be here all night so here are just a few pretty things!

1940s mustard gabardine bolero jacket with navy trimming. I love the tailoring of this, particularly the shoulders, and the colour scheme.

1940sMustardGabardineBolero.jpg

1940sMustardGabardineBolero_back.jpg

Finally got my hands on a red Dover bag!

DoverPurse1.jpg

Navy sweater set. The description said late 1940s but were sweater sets even around then? I'm not too sure.

Late40sNavySweaterSet.jpg

Pretty deadstock 1960s peach slip

1960sPeachSlip.jpg

1940s navy peeptoes

40sNavySlingbacks.jpg

40sNavySlingbacks2.jpg

1940s navy rayon blouse with the initials LK all over it.

40sBlueRayonBlouse2.jpg

1950s deadstock casual dress with tag which I got for the bargain price of £6!

1950sDeadstockDress.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
SarahLouise said:
If I posted absolutely everything that I've purchased lately then I would be here all night so here are just a few pretty things!

Navy sweater set. The description said late 1940s but were sweater sets even around then? I'm not too sure.

Late40sNavySweaterSet.jpg

1950s deadstock casual dress with tag which I got for the bargain price of £6!

1950sDeadstockDress.jpg

Whoa, some lovely things! And yep, sweater sets and knitted dresses were extremely popular in the 1930s, and pretty much stayed popular well into the 1950s. That one does look late 1940s to me, and a very trim and classy style. Good job! And I almost bid on the blue striped dress myself! ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Fifties*Freak said:
Here are my latest purchases.... can you tell I like pink?

bc01_121.jpg

Dammit. I figured it was a lounger who probably ended up with these. Oh well.

These aren't nearly as great, but I did manage to snag these for $20. Not the best shape, but way cheaper than a pair of Remix, and WIDE, which is the challenge I have shopping for 40s shoes.

P1220037.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
Fifties Freak - don't be surprised if someday I show up on your doorstep and ask you if I can borrow an outfit. Super cute purchases. All the Remix talk of wedgies must have quite a few of us here in a tizzy to find some.

SarahLouise- sweater set is next on my list to purchase - that one is great.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
l_b32f9910eca8c7f3b7e25e85d8d2d0b4.jpg
this late 1940's cocktail dress was bought at a second hand store for the remarkable price of Just $5.99
then this coat was bought in Orange cailfornia for the amazing price of Just 42.00
l_b0616d0f061e0f9e3765ceef9c345b70.jpg
pretty swell huh kinda reminds me of something Joan Crawford would have worn!
then this little Keeper a real 1940's uso pin
3d9a_1_sbl.JPG
what a find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo