Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Oh no! Fleur that's terrible, I hope it works out that a neighbour figured they'd do you a favour an hold it till they see you

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Ooo, great wiggle dresses and mags and such ladies!!

Deadpan, I can't see your pic!? I wanna see, getting the dreaded X.
Nikki

I'll have to post pics on the dress when I get it/ It looks like the seller removed them all. I knew I should have saved it to Photobucket. :eusa_doh:

I love those Knit Dresses.

I hope you receive your dress Fleur. I had three or four thinks that I never received and have since been having everything mailed to my sister's.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Well...according to the track and trace, this dress was delivered to me yesterday, at home. While I was at work. No card to say it's at the post office, and the site has an electronic signature that is clearly not mine, though I am convincing myself it looks like it might say my name, and some dihonest person has taken advantage of a stupid driver. Asked all my immediate neighbours and no one has it. I'll be phoning tomorrow, but I'm worried.

:(

:rage:

Fleur, was the dress sent via priority? I have had similar problems with Parcel Force (who deliver my larger priority items, not sure if it's the same for you) who attempt to deliver once, leave no card and just chuck my packages in their depot for months on end until they can be bothered to deliver it again. I won some lovely 1950s babydoll heels last October and when they hadn't turned up by November I tracked it and it said that it had been delivered. I just assumed that they had been stolen but they turned up in mid January! I couldn't believe that my package had been sitting somewhere for 4 months :mad:

This also happened with another package of mine - 2 months later I again presumed that it had been lost or stolen but Parcel Force had left it at my local post office and "forgot" to tell me. I now ask all Ebay sellers to not use priority for me if they can as I think this service is ridiculous! Check your local post office and depot and also call up the courier service. I hope it turns up!

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
I posted and then went MIA.... I have been pretty busy. I will be back tomorrow to comment on everyone's lovely purchases. Here are my recent ones!

I have been looking for the perfect manni to display my swimsuits, I have a ton to list and I want to get them up in time for VLV. Isn't she busty?

d222_11.jpg

Love this 50's dress, and the back is too cute!
1012-11.jpg

1014-11.jpg

2611_11.jpg

0838_121.jpg

red_gab41.jpg

whitefleckedsuit71.jpg

These ones all came together in a lot for only $10!
b48d_012.jpg

IMG_4581platoxfrdgal1.jpg

I went on a major shopping spree but they were all such good deals I couldn't pass them up.

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
Fluer, So sorry about the missing dress. Have you contacted Susan? She is a great seller and I know she will do everything in her power to try to locate the package and trace it from her end. That being said I have had 3 international packages I shipped to customers returned to me since January. I don't know whats going on and I always ship First Class International because it is so much cheaper than Priority.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I haven't contacted her yet - I was going to drop her an email to keep her up to date, but I rung the Parcelforce depot just now. They are going to contact the driver, as there is only one for my area (so he's had parcels for me before, and mine is an unusual name, plus this was only 2 days ago) and see what he did with it. Twice recently I've had parcels delivered and not been in, once there was a card to say it was with a neighbour, and once it was taken to the Post office. I hope you're right SarahLouise, but it's just extremely fishy that it says on the PF site that it was delivered to *me* and signed for. What did yours say when you tracked it those times?

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I haven't contacted her yet - I was going to drop her an email to keep her up to date, but I rung the Parcelforce depot just now. They are going to contact the driver, as there is only one for my area (so he's had parcels for me before, and mine is an unusual name, plus this was only 2 days ago) and see what he did with it. Twice recently I've had parcels delivered and not been in, once there was a card to say it was with a neighbour, and once it was taken to the Post office. I hope you're right SarahLouise, but it's just extremely fishy that it says on the PF site that it was delivered to *me* and signed for. What did yours say when you tracked it those times?

It said that it had been successfully delivered and I wasn't able to check the signature as you have done, but then there wouldn't have been one for me as it was just sent back to Parcel Forces depot. I really hope your dress turns up, I'm sure it will! I tend to stick to airmail/first class international flat envelopes now to avoid this problem I have with Parcel Force. I've noticed actually that US sellers love to send items in boxes, even tiny items or clothing that really doesn't NEED to be in a huge box, and I always ask them not to now so that Royal Mail can deliver them instead. Good luck!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fifties*Freak said:
I posted and then went MIA.... I have been pretty busy. I will be back tomorrow to comment on everyone's lovely purchases. Here are my recent ones!

I have been looking for the perfect manni to display my swimsuits, I have a ton to list and I want to get them up in time for VLV. Isn't she busty?

d222_11.jpg

Love this 50's dress, and the back is too cute!
1012-11.jpg

1014-11.jpg

2611_11.jpg

0838_121.jpg

red_gab41.jpg

whitefleckedsuit71.jpg

These ones all came together in a lot for only $10!
b48d_012.jpg

IMG_4581platoxfrdgal1.jpg

I went on a major shopping spree but they were all such good deals I couldn't pass them up.

Great buys as usual Fifties Freak! I love the red wedges especially.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
8828_1.JPG

This is my first pair of vintage shoes. Nothing fancy but I think they'll fit.
navy-40s-dess-full.jpg

I need red accesories for this dress.

Great buys Fifties*Freak. You always find the best stuff. I love those brown shoes with the bows.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Fleur De Guerre said:
but I rung the Parcelforce depot just now. They are going to contact the driver, as there is only one for my area (so he's had parcels for me before, and mine is an unusual name, plus this was only 2 days ago) and see what he did with it. Twice recently I've had parcels delivered and not been in, once there was a card to say it was with a neighbour, and once it was taken to the Post office. I hope you're right SarahLouise, but it's just extremely fishy that it says on the PF site that it was delivered to *me* and signed for. What did yours say when you tracked it those times?

Oh dear..i had this happen once when I was living in Bristol.....mum had sent me a package of things and i knew it was coming and she gave me all the tracking numbers, and suddenly one day the tracking said delivered ......when it clearly had not been. Nor had they left a notice saying 'its been returned to the depot, no one was home'...nothing.

I ended up having to take a bus to the depot and stand there while they looked through things and found it.....

So yours might well be -sitting- at the depot....

Sunny

One Too Many
My second pair of vintage Naturalizers! :eusa_clap

df42_3.JPG

The low heel and ankle strap make these so comfy. I'm going to be wearing these a lot! There was a similar pair in black leather (also Naturalizer Funsters) just a couple days ago, but I let them go because they were shipping from Australia. I'm still not sure that was the best choice. :(

Plus this girdle:

1shortsA.jpg

It fits just perfectly, and came with four hook-in garter tabs. And the total with shipping was less than $6!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
DPD, congrats on your fist vintage shoes, they're cute! Nice dress too.

Fleur, I do hope your package shows up, unharmed. Best of luck sweetie!

Sunny, pretty shoes, they look so new!

Fifties Freak, you find the best things! Love the back of that dress! That indeed is a great 'busty' manny for vintage suits! lol
Nikki

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
8828_1.JPG

navy-40s-dess-full.jpg

I need red accesories for this dress.

I am so glad that that dress went to a PR lady! I was lusting after it myself but there was no way it was gonna fit!:)
Like you say the perfect excuse to go shopping for gorgeous red accessories, you lucky lady!

Fleur I really hope your dress turns up! I have had all kinds of nonsense with this kind of thing myself too. If it's any consolation I just had a parcel turn up at work from a USA customer that was posted last August and that had apparently been "signed for" here in the UK in August. It had never been signed for and had just been floating around untill it turned up this month! That was with USPS!

So don't lose heart, I'm sure that you won't have to wait long and that it's just like the other ladies say, nestling in the depot waiting to be sent back out to you.
Let us know how you get on, and good luck!:)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
^I have been watching it for a week and I was afraid someone was going to buy it before I got a chance. I am going to make 2 huge red bows out of wool felt, attach netting and pin in my hair. All I need is some jewelry and red shoes. :)

Sunny

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Sunny, pretty shoes, they look so new!

Nikki
Thank you! I think there's a little bit of wear on the soles, but they're pretty nice. Came in the original box (sans lid) and with the original sales slip! IIRC they were $10.95. ;)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
^I have been watching it for a week and I was afraid someone was going to buy it before I got a chance. I am going to make 2 huge red bows out of wool felt, attach netting and pin in my hair. All I need is some jewelry and red shoes. :)

I'm so glad that you got it, it was obviously meant for you:) and I'm sure that you will look super cute in it with the red bows etc. There is nothing I like more than accessorizing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran