Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Thanks ladies, I do get an image of Rita in something like it! :D yay!

Lovely items Mojito and Miss Hannah (and anabolina!)! I love those clarkes wedges too. Hannah :eek:fftopic: but can I ask how long your long wait was? I've had something go awol, it's been around 5 weeks or so, with no sign. It will definitely have had to go through customs but it's never takne this long before. :(

Fleur, it took around about the 5 week mark but it was coming from Oz rather than the US. I've had stuff take up to 6 weeks from the US though. Don't give up hope just yet :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
As I said earlier, I forgot to take a "before" picture of my lovely purchase from the antique shop (and forgive me for posting this again - it's also in the "Show us what you made" thread), but here is one of a pair of earrings I found...

3934.jpg

I turned them into necklaces, which I'm quite pleased with.

Here is the other...

3926.jpg

My dad is working on the other pair I bought - I couldn't cut the posts off the backs - they bent my pliers!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
mojito, amazing dress!!!

kim b, i love how you altered those earrings. i have a few pairs of clip-ons that i NEVER wear but can't seem to get rid of. maybe i'll turn them into something i'll use :)

i haven't been wearing OR buying much vintage lately, but i went into a shop today to see a friend who was working, and found a 1940s HALTER TOP! in my (really ample) size!!! for $18!!!!!

pardon the horrid pics, and the bruises on my abdomen - i just started hooping!
2630339242_6443366a2a.jpg

2630339268_361f955f11.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I ordered a bunch of seamed stockings from What Katie Did yesterday, nude with nude seam and nude with black seam. I am curious to see how different they are from my favorite Cervin ones.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I bought two identical shirts because unfortunately, they didn't have the white one in my size and I didn't want to wear one shirt out too fast. I hope it looks 50s enough. We're absolutely broke after the last car repair so I'm wearing it with capris and classic shorts and just trying to "channel" the era with my vintage costume jewelry and generally classic, timeless, styling.

http://www.bonaparte.dk/dametoej/sk...9697/Produktdetaljer.produktdetails_dk.0.html

Kim_B, I'm jealous! It's so beautiful.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kim_B said:
As I said earlier, I forgot to take a "before" picture of my lovely purchase from the antique shop (and forgive me for posting this again - it's also in the "Show us what you made" thread), but here is one of a pair of earrings I found...

3934.jpg

I turned them into necklaces, which I'm quite pleased with.

Here is the other...

3926.jpg

My dad is working on the other pair I bought - I couldn't cut the posts off the backs - they bent my pliers!

lovely! what's your etsy shop again?

The Shirt

Practically Family
Going on a cruise

I thought that I would start stocking up now while the summer items are posted. I really like this for lounging about the decks and perhaps some summer games of croquet.

64de_2.jpg

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Oh golly...this is the best thing I've purchased in a looooong time. And for only $60!!! And it's only in Orange, which is about 15 minutes away from me. For my last chair, I had to drive to Arizona!! And...to top it all off, IT WORKS!! All heat settings work and there are no wiring issues. I'm picking it up next weekend!

Oh gosh...I am SO excited.

dryer.jpg

4c2b_1.jpg

This also means, now that I have one that I really really love, I'll be selling my OTHER vintage dryer. Are there any Orange County/Los Angeles ladies, or really anyone willing to drive to the area interested in purchasing a perfectly good 50's/60's dryer chair that just needs to be reupholstered?

Kim_B

Practically Family
Thanks ladies. I'm quite pleased with how these turned out.

Miss Bella, my etsy shop is thepeachmartini - I don't have much in there now, but I'm planning a weekend of antique shopping and creative madness so there should be plenty in there next week. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I ordered these Grasshoppers.
48899_53

This book which has some patterns for belts, Hats and some other things I can't remember.
3cb6_1.JPG

And this lovely carryall.

62aa_1.JPG
6415_1.JPG

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
ShooShoo; That top is very cute indeed!! You're braver than me, I keep thinking what a great idea a top like that would be, but then I realise I'm a bit squidgy & England is hardly the warmest place in the world lol

thanks!! i'm more than a bit "squidgy" myself, but i've definitely gotten braver about wearing stuff like that. i think being super-active all the time makes me feel more confident about my body, regardless of what others may think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner