Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Spiffy said:
What else is in the box?? I must know!
2674683874_3c7e1e7906.jpg

With the clothes also were...
50's Vintage plastic purse
MIB 50's Mr. Bar set
50's boy's baby blanket...w/ducks and trains on it!
50's summer queen bedspread

Not in the box but just as cool I bought these because I have that whole crazy 50's lamp addiction...lol

2673865407_0773391827.jpg

Oh and i also bought a rainbow runner rug for my kitchen floor...

2674686528_284dba57d1.jpg

A fun day at auction!

girls...girls...girls...I didn't mean to start a war! :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I've bought some nice things this past week, two dresses, a blouse, 4 umbrellas and a charming doll lamp, I thin kit's from the 30's. I will need help dating a lot of this stuff, especially the umbrellas, I will post pictures of them very soon.

I bought this dress a year ago, but I never got around to photographing it, but the other day I got this picture of me wearing it to a wedding, so here you go. I reckon it's 50's? I have no idea what type of fabric it is, but it is very lovely, I'd love to know what it is, the dark parts feel kinda wool-like, but the small orange bits feel like silk or something smooth like that... I can take some close up pics of it when I photograph the other things. Click on the photo to see it larger...

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby, do Re-mix still have the 50's Babydoll pumps? They've disappeared from the web-site and Re-mix won't reply to my e-mail. I'd like to know if they still have them, heel height and colors.
ShooShooBaby said:
- brown "mary jane" wedges from Remix!
2671046255_76496f4e9d_m.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
ShooShooBaby, do Re-mix still have the 50's Babydoll pumps? They've disappeared from the web-site and Re-mix won't reply to my e-mail. I'd like to know if they still have them, heel height and colors.
They're on the second page of the 1940's high heels.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Sunny! I couldn't seem to find them. Unfortunately the heel looks a bit higher then what I had in mind (and the vintage pics I've been drooling over).

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Ok so I went a little crazy this week. I bought this pair of remix shoes for $50(sorry could'nt not gloat about the price)
redremix.jpg

And I bought these Chinese Laundry shoes
luxe.jpg

And I bought some vintage postcards and a new/old 30's camera.Ok I am going to back away from my wallet.lol

Samantha

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
DPD.... i love pattern books, don't you?! neat dress, too.

RG1941... GREAT DEAL on the remix! and those chinese laundry ones are great, too. i have a pair of very similar vintage canvas playshoes (bought deadstock from remix about 8 years ago, haha)!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
retrogirl1941 said:
Ok so I went a little crazy this week. I bought this pair of remix shoes for $50(sorry could'nt not gloat about the price)
redremix.jpg

And I bought these Chinese Laundry shoes
luxe.jpg

And I bought some vintage postcards and a new/old 30's camera.Ok I am going to back away from my wallet.lol

Samantha
Oh YOU got those Remix. I meant to bid. If they don't fit...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
One of my favorite new purchases is this doll lamp, I would guess it's from the 30's, it has the original cord and even had the original bulb. When you turn her on, the skirt lights up (the bulb is right under her skirt):

More things coming up...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Blondie said:
This dolly lamp is FABULOUS ! Where did you find her ?
I heve never seen one like this.

I hadn't either, but I would think they were somewhat common. I found it at a fleamarket here in Denmark. You reckon it was a child's lamp, for standing next to the bed to scare away the bedbugs? It doesn't give much light.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I also got these two dresses, are they 40's? They're definitely old, but I'm not sure if they are 30's or 40's... The dark one is in lovely conidtion, I think it's crepe and has wonderful silk lining. I believe it's cut on the bias. Needs ironing, though. The colorful one is either silk or some sort of rayon, I'm not that good at telling what fabric it is. It needs some fixing, though, the hem is torn.

More pictures on my flickr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24