Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
img0166dt2.jpg

WOW! Thats fantastic!

LD

Lorena B

Practically Family
decodoll said:
All lovely finds, Sunny! I agree that the last one looks like it had sleeves once upon a time, but it's still gorgeous.

That looks like a great book, Lorena..need to look for that!

This is my latest buy... Deadstock with tags 1950's wool jacket for $22.50!

Thank you Decodoll, i must say that jacket is just great, at this side of the pond we would kill for something like that for that price. I even think the color is great!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, wow, wow.

Sunny said:
That is amazing, MaryDeluxe! Good job!

I went a little crazy on ebay. (No, not really crazy. Just found a lot of really nice stuff and was willing to spend a little more than usual.)

Red velvet later 1940s dress
Long or 3/4 sleeves with button detail, original belt, originally white trim (needs cleaned), and deep V back neckline. Lovely for Christmastime!
5994_1.jpg
95d1_1.jpg

Blue velvet 1930s dress
I'm surprised this didn't go higher than it did. It looks like it could use a good steaming, but the size and length should be great for me.
a401_3.jpg
b206_3.jpg

Early 1940s black wool coat
This was quite a good deal, if it fits. According to the measurements, it's 38-30-36, which is bizarre for this style and period of coat. From the obvious flare in the skirt, I can't fathom how the hips would be only 36". I guess I'll find out!
f253_1.jpg
f2ed_1.jpg

Late 1930s floral print rayon dress
This is unreal. It's in perfect condition, with original belt, in a wearable size, and it's long-sleeved. Short or 3/4 sleeves are so much more common. And I won it for less than $50. It should fit, but I'm holding my breath until it comes!
Edit: Make that less than $70. Like I said, I've been bidding a lot!
rayon1.jpg
rayon4.jpg

1940s black with sequins evening dress
I'm also super-excited about this one. I hope it fits; with my new foundation I should be able to fit the waist smoothly, and it's supposed to be long enough even for me. I'm unsure about the date on it. The simple styling of the bodice and the plain-set skirt at the natural waist is characteristic of 1940-1945; later dresses tended to have draping and especially soft skirt gathering. I haven't seen much that was sleeveless, though, until the 1950s. Perhaps they were taken off the dress completely in a remake, if they were obnoxiously huge. There seems to be some wonkiness at the armseyes that make that believeable; I'll find out when I get it. The metal side zipper certainly keeps the initial date early. Any ideas?
Edit: This one was less than $50.
thirt1.jpg
thirt4.jpg

Al incredibly nice!
If the blue velvet doesn't steam out (it probably will) and has big marks that bother you, you can turn it into panne' velvet by spraying it with water on your ironing board, brushing the nap all one way (down is best) and then ironing it flat... I have had to do this to a couple of silk velvet dresses that had been washed by idiots... but do steam first.

Sunny

One Too Many
Thank you all so much! I'm just trying to stay calm until they arrive and I know for SURE that I got some good deals. :) Thanks for the tip on the velvet, Miss 1929!

StaceFace, that suit is terrific. I have yet to find a vintage suit that fits me - you really lucked out!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
eBay.com - $26.00 (£15.26) excluding postage, but I did have a £5 off voucher so £17.09 total - Romper with matching skirt, in my size!! Surely that's cheap, I've seen these go for much much more - I'll be happy when the sun comes out!

romper-1.jpg
romperprint.jpg

etsy.com - $30 (£17.61) including postage - Joseph Magnin charcoal grey skirt with fabulous pocket - Again, in my size!! :D

skirt1.jpg
skirt2.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

I bought this really cheap lot of buttons mainly because of these. Pilcher's Detachable Bachelor Buttons. I had never heard of them before, but the lot had 4 cards with only two missing. So I did some research. I love the google :) Here and Here, they date the buttons by their original maker in the 30s. So Im thinking these, because of the repurposing are either late 30s or early 40s.

Yay!

LD

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Aurora said:
etsy.com - $30 (£17.61) including postage - Joseph Magnin charcoal grey skirt with fabulous pocket - Again, in my size!! :D

skirt1.jpg
skirt2.jpg

This skirt is wonderful! Do you happen to have a link to the seller? I did a search and came up with nothing.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Oh em gee guys, I've been getting lots of things lately. Here is a sampling!

I JUST NOW got this dress at the Goodwill for $8!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?????? It's navy. Side zip and short back zip, both metal. Rayon.
1.jpg

2.jpg

The next two pics are from a trade with PDXVintagette. THANKS!!!!!
Wonky shoulder pad, not weird posture.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Target
5.jpg

Target
7.jpg

Anthropologie
8.jpg

H&M
9.jpg

10.jpg

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks, Lorena and Lizzie.

Nice finds, Miss Bella!! I'm very jealous of your thrift store dress! Your Anthropologie cardigan looks very vintage on you -- much more so than it did online.

Miss_Bella_Hell

decodoll said:
Thanks, Lorena and Lizzie.

Nice finds, Miss Bella!! I'm very jealous of your thrift store dress! Your Anthropologie cardigan looks very vintage on you -- much more so than it did online.

Thanks! Do you ever notice that certain times the thrift store just calls you? That happened today. Lucky me! And lucky KittyT, I got her a NOS Orlon knit sweater.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Thanks! Do you ever notice that certain times the thrift store just calls you? That happened today. Lucky me! And lucky KittyT, I got her a NOS Orlon knit sweater.

Very nice things! Yes, I do have those days. Which reminds me, I need to go looking for more velvet jackets. I can't have too many of those. ;)

texasgirl

One Too Many
Great finds Sunny! And Bella- cute too! I got a black dress similar to your navy one for 14.99- I need to get a picture!

I'm doing the Mad Men thing for Halloween, so I got these. But if they are nice in person, I may have some lenses put in them :)

olgl1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran