Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great stuff ladies.

Im putting this under purchases instead of patterns because this WAS a purchase. Stupid bidding wars :rage:

8ca1_10.jpg

*sigh* It had to be done.
Its my exact size AND its a dress AND coat in one!! COME ON!!!
You know how you see something, and a light goes off inside you, and you know it has the chance to be pricy, and you know if you dont get it youll regret it for the rest of your life? Yeah, that was this. Im still kneading out the sting of the purchase, but I think Ill make it :)

Its spaghetti and salt for the next two weeks!

LD

Sunny

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
You know how you see something, and a light goes off inside you, and you know it has the chance to be pricy, and you know if you dont get it youll regret it for the rest of your life? Yeah, that was this. Im still kneading out the sting of the purchase, but I think Ill make it :)
My land, yes, I know EXACTLY what you're saying. I was like that about that second nightgown pattern I got. It went for about half as much as I was willing to pay, but I WAS willing to pay it.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
I am having this sweater/cami made from an etsy shop, it is a knitting pattern form 1952, it has a detachable yoke, that you can decide on how to look. I am having it made in ivory, with the yoke in ivory with little light blue snowflakes on it!

cami.jpg

Oh, I want 12 of these!
I've been trying lately to buy more of my clothing at local vintage shops because I want to wear the clothes right away. I hate waiting for all the cute items I buy online!
But I will have to make an exception for this...it's too adorable and such a price!

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Great stuff ladies.

Im putting this under purchases instead of patterns because this WAS a purchase. Stupid bidding wars :rage:

8ca1_10.jpg

Its spaghetti and salt for the next two weeks!

LD
Lady Day, I figure it all balances out: some things are tremendous bargains, so you deserve to have a little splurge now and again!

64tonya

One of the Regulars
fuzzylizzie said:
Lady Day, I figure it all balances out: some things are tremendous bargains, so you deserve to have a little splurge now and again!
My rationale exactly! (I'm currently rationalizing mondo purchases from the vintage expo in Santa Monica yesterday) :D :D :D

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I am having this sweater/cami made from an etsy shop, it is a knitting pattern form 1952, it has a detachable yoke, that you can decide on how to look. I am having it made in ivory, with the yoke in ivory with little light blue snowflakes on it!

cami.jpg
Ooh, Aahhh I want one...

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Santa Monica Expo "The Gasper"

Ok, my favorite find yesterday...I gasped, I clutched my chest, and yes...I hugged it...
IMG_3592.jpg
IMG_3594.jpg

Charcoal gray with 2 pink kick pleats in the front and one in the back, original belt...to die for...

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Audrey Horne said:
It's gorgeous! I'm green with envy!
Thanks, my girlfriend that went up with me is making me will it to her...After I told her the only way she was getting it was off of my cold dead legs...lol

Vanessa

One Too Many
64tonya said:
Ok, my favorite find yesterday...I gasped, I clutched my chest, and yes...I hugged it...
-pictures-
Charcoal gray with 2 pink kick pleats in the front and one in the back, original belt...to die for...

Great skirt! I'm inspired - I need to make one like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran