Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
Do you know where to get the film from ? Im thinking of getting one myself :)

PS said:
Lela,
You are in Cali, right? I believe you can get film for a Brownie at Freestyle Photographic Supply in Hollywood.
I am pretty sure its 120 film, you just spool it onto the 620 spool in the camera. I may be wrong.

Would this be them ?
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/index.php
Now to find where to get is processed................

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Decayla said:
Then this I bought on ebay a few days ago. Its not here yet but Im already clearing space for it.

epseta1.jpg

epseta2.jpg

epseta3.jpg

epseta4.jpg

Oh My !!!! I'm drooling........it's too fab !

Decayla

New in Town
Brownie Hawkeye Camera Film

Yea, the 120 and 620 are the same size so you can re spool it. You can get the film on ebay. I got mine there and you can get them developed at filmforclassics.com

Decayla

New in Town
Antique suitcase

No problem. Happy to help. I actually wanted to post something here. I picked this little treasure today. Drove an hr to get it. It opens on both sides and has clippings inside as well. I looooooove it:) Anybody know anything about Barnett & Jaffe luggage? I cant really find anything about this particular brand :(

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Brownie cameras?

goldwyn girl and texas girl--

Have you tried these yet? Are yours in good working condition? How did the photos come out?? I want a 40s camera, but I really want to use it for taking photographs, not just as a prop.

Is there a thread on Brownie cameras by any chance?

texasgirl said:
I found a great little Kodak Brownie camera. This one was introduced in March 1933 and produced until April 1941. It's in great condition and was only $5!

BQ-skg2kKGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBJ42YM-g.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I'm gonna try to find an answer myself...

Inky, I bought a vintage sheer lace little top for our sweet Sarah last month at the Vintage Fashion Expo in SF. Its a pale yellow lace material. Sarah has a vintage pastel yellow full slip but that doesn't look like it would be "enough". There is a deco seamstress out here that I will see on 5/16 at the Art Deco Ball. She can make anything and has like 2500+ vintage patterns. Also at the Ball will be three ladies I've met that have written two booklets on vintage and deco dressing for our local Art Deco Society. I'll check with them too. If anyone would know an answer of what to wear under a vintage sheer blouse these gals would...

Inky said:
I just picked up this sheer blouse and had two questions - what do I wear under it? slip? camisole? and what era is it from? late 40's? mid 50's? I am still not good at figuring it out!

3491544540_8750fe44d0.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
just snagged these last night on evilBay

So these are not paid for or here just yet! This is the first time I've bought any vintage clothes without being able to see them and try them on in person, so I'm a little nervous...

1) 40s rayon crepe three-color "cocktail" dress
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230339121523

2)40s navy rayon sailor style dress from the same vendor, will need to be taken in just a bit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230339121554&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
So these are not paid for or here just yet! This is the first time I've bought any vintage clothes without being able to see them and try them on in person, so I'm a little nervous...

1) 40s rayon crepe three-color "cocktail" dress
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230339121523

2)40s navy rayon sailor style dress from the same vendor, will need to be taken in just a bit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230339121554&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

The blue dress is lovely!

I've never bought anything on EBay myself - I would be concerned that what I'd get isn't what I ordered or maybe I'm just worried that I would become an EBay addict!!!!!!

Here's two lovely items I got from Etsy today:

40sDress2.jpg

40sDress.jpg

DofanClutch.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I've been needing new basic sandals for a couple of years, and I just scored some at Ross!

newblacksandals.jpg

They're by Easy Spirit, so my feet should be very comfy this summer. :)

texasgirl

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
goldwyn girl and texas girl--

Have you tried these yet? Are yours in good working condition? How did the photos come out?? I want a 40s camera, but I really want to use it for taking photographs, not just as a prop.

Is there a thread on Brownie cameras by any chance?

]

CC, I'll let you know what I find out. I've heard you can use 120. I need to investigate before the festival in 3 wks :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Babydoll said:
I've been needing new basic sandals for a couple of years, and I just scored some at Ross!

newblacksandals.jpg

They're by Easy Spirit, so my feet should be very comfy this summer. :)

Ross, geez, that hasnt come to mind. I've been on the look out for sandles. I have not been able to find comfortable ones, very annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum