Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Shirin

A-List Customer
I just won this Pro Curler, I'm so excited to finally try one out. Anyone else have one of these?
curler2.jpg
curler4.jpg

spacegirlblues

New in Town
Shirin said:
I just won this Pro Curler, I'm so excited to finally try one out. Anyone else have one of these?
G]

I do! I rather like it, but for me it's sort of horrible for pin curls. But, for those tight ringlet curls that were common around the nape of the neck in the 30's, they work wonderfully.

Bunny

New in Town
Shirin I love that Pro Curler! So Awesome! I was looking at a tutorial from the 30's not long ago and the photo showed one being used. I thought "Cool! I'd like to get my hands on one of those, even if I don't use it!"
Good find!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
How funny! I just got some old curlers too...and had not even looked at this thread! (Guess that's not so strange on a vintage forum, really. :) )

This one is a little different, however. It's called a Gayla Hold-Bob.
As illustrated in the instructions (the last two photos I found online...thank goodness, so I will actually know how to use the darn things...I am the proud owner of 3 different sizes) you slip your hair into a slot in the curler, roll it, slide in a pin, pull out the curler and call it good (until they dry of course....and then lord knows what happens...I will find out).

The nape of my hair is way too short for my rag rollers right now (urgh!!), and i am weary of traditional pin curls, so hopefully these hold-bobs will do the trick. I am super excited to try them out. The curling iron will either go on display somewhere, or back on the market. Although I did enjoy watching this Gloria Swanson flick the other day, where Bebe Daniel's uses a curling rod and her hair smokes and smolders as if it were on fire....yikes!

curlingkit.jpg
hold_bob.jpg
curlerinstructions.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
I'm still waiting for my Pro curler to arrive.
MissAmelina your curler looks great and looks like it works the same way as mine. Will you share pics with us after you've set your hair?
hailey greenhat what a great find, that parrot is so cute!
CiCi those shoes are fantastic! I bet they'll complete many outfits beautifully.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shirin said:
curler2.jpg
curler4.jpg

I actually ended up with three by accident (too much bidding at once lol). I gave away one during the Ladies Globe Trotting Hat, but have been too impatient to try one of the two I have left.

Do you have short, medium or long hair?

Shirin

A-List Customer
Vintage Betty said:
I actually ended up with three by accident (too much bidding at once lol). I gave away one during the Ladies Globe Trotting Hat, but have been too impatient to try one of the two I have left.

Do you have short, medium or long hair?

Oh whoa that's enough curlers for one gal:)
II have shoulder length hair, but I'm cutting it tomorrow I think, maybe chin length.

Antje

One Too Many
MissAmelina said:
How funny! I just got some old curlers too...and had not even looked at this thread! (Guess that's not so strange on a vintage forum, really. :) )

This one is a little different, however. It's called a Gayla Hold-Bob.
As illustrated in the instructions (the last two photos I found online...thank goodness, so I will actually know how to use the darn things...I am the proud owner of 3 different sizes) you slip your hair into a slot in the curler, roll it, slide in a pin, pull out the curler and call it good (until they dry of course....and then lord knows what happens...I will find out).

The nape of my hair is way too short for my rag rollers right now (urgh!!), and i am weary of traditional pin curls, so hopefully these hold-bobs will do the trick. I am super excited to try them out. The curling iron will either go on display somewhere, or back on the market. Although I did enjoy watching this Gloria Swanson flick the other day, where Bebe Daniel's uses a curling rod and her hair smokes and smolders as if it were on fire....yikes!

curlingkit.jpg
hold_bob.jpg
curlerinstructions.jpg

Looks fun, I hope it is working

Shirin

A-List Customer
There's two more Pro Curlers on Ebay right now. One has no bids I think because they didn't put the word "Vintage" in the title. The other is going for an exorbitant amount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy