Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

23SkidooWithYou said:
but I did!

It's perhaps a bit too holiday/seasonal, and I really didn't need it and probably won't wear it until next Christmas (unless something really rockin' happens on St. Patty's Day!) but, but, but...

"Carol Gowns by Mr. Walter" 1950's Green Velvet Deadstock, simple scoop back, that front high neck bow, rushed 3/4 length sleeves and an attached net crinoline (one layer so will have to add my own). I just need killer earrings and the right shoes and bag and I'm ready for Holiday 2010!

4194098416_0195d08b72_m.jpg

4194097822_62e8c05cf5_m.jpg

4193340213_73def5d36e_m.jpg
:eek: OH MY !!! I have just died and gone to heaven! That dress is stunning!!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inky said:
ooooh, that is a beautiful dress = and i love deadstock!! congrats - and i bet you will find more things to wear it to than you think!

I love that shade of green, but sadly cannot wear it.

I love it and can't find any decent fabric that color.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
23SkidooWithYou said:
but I did!

It's perhaps a bit too holiday/seasonal, and I really didn't need it and probably won't wear it until next Christmas (unless something really rockin' happens on St. Patty's Day!) but, but, but...

"Carol Gowns by Mr. Walter" 1950's Green Velvet Deadstock, simple scoop back, that front high neck bow, rushed 3/4 length sleeves and an attached net crinoline (one layer so will have to add my own). I just need killer earrings and the right shoes and bag and I'm ready for Holiday 2010!

4194098416_0195d08b72_m.jpg

4194097822_62e8c05cf5_m.jpg

4193340213_73def5d36e_m.jpg

Stunning, stunning dress - a knockout!

Foofoogal

Banned
This is why I have been searching high and low for an emerald green beaded cardigan. Nothing says vintage Christmas to me like Emerald Green and/or velvet. You have accomplished both.
It is what stands out in my memory from a long time ago.
A gorgeous dress indeed. :eusa_clap

clubwitsend

Practically Family
I agree with everyone- that emerald green dress is gorgeous! I've only been able to fine one in that similar green, but its not in that gorgeous velvet!!! Please post photos of you wearing it! :) This is my green:

3702112889_1db49d30dc.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Thanks ladies for the affirmation!

It might be a while before you see pictures of me wearing my vintage. For those who didn't catch it when I first joined. How can I put it....I'm feeling a little "Poor Aunt Charlotte" these days. Reinvention is in progress! LOL

FooFooGal...I will DEFINITELY keep my eyes peeled for an emerald cardi for you!

ClubWE...You're green dress is lovely and you wear it well!

Lady Naiad

New in Town
Claireg, I really like those burgundy gloves! I've been looking for a nice pair of gloves for a while, but my fingers just seem to be too long. :(

Here are a few of my recent finds:

My new clock. It keeps great time and was only $1.99!
P1120175.JPG

My waterfall vanity that I just found at a thrift store. No mirror, but good condition and for $15, I needed it... (it is yet to be cleaned in this picture)
P1120405.JPG

Gold clutch - 99¢.
P1120412.JPG
P1120414.JPG

Lovely fox fur for $20!
P1120320.JPG

Enid Collins box bag. It's in poor condition, but it was in someone's pile of junk to get rid of and I thought it needed saving.
P1120430.JPG

And finally, King Edward cigar box, also from the same pile of "junk."
P1120431.JPG
P1120432.JPG

Okay, okay, I'll stop now :D... I'm all about finding fantastic vintage things for cheap!

Also, I believe there is a time frame thread, but would anyone have any idea the ages on any of theses items?

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Lady-
That vanity is the thrift find of the century for $15! WOW!!

And you might be able to fix up your Enid Collins bag...a lot of times on ebay people will have bags of replacement stones for sale, which you can adhere with GemTac! :)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Love the waterfall vanity. I hope a faboo stool pops up for you soon!

The box bag is yummy too. I'm glad you rescued it. I only recently saw one online but now that you've provided a name, I can learn a little more about them!

Foofoogal

Banned

zendy

A-List Customer
these must have been made with me in mind

SPACESHIPS!!!!!!! Be still my heart. I hope they fit nicely.
wbk105.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
clubwitsend said:
4202538646_a3142eb786_m.jpg

60s Dior Evening Hat

Fight ya for it! ;)

...all I'm sayin', if you are ever in a dark ally, wearing that particular hat, and you are approached by a new look gal who doesn't quite have her look together just yet...run, or whip out a hat pin and defend yourself. cackles in evil laughter..."Oh yes, it shall be mine!" (just kidding)

clubwitsend

Practically Family
23SkidooWithYou said:
Fight ya for it! ;)

...all I'm sayin', if you are ever in a dark ally, wearing that particular hat, and you are approached by a new look gal who doesn't quite have her look together just yet...run, or whip out a hat pin and defend yourself. cackles in evil laughter..."Oh yes, it shall be mine!" (just kidding)

Haha! I'll sleep with one eye open!

That snap didnt capture the hat very well- its got a bit more height to it than the photo lets on, and its a bright royal blue color...the lighting was tinging everything yellow...if only I could find a royal blue Dior dress to go with it! Eeps!

Adele

One of the Regulars
Now I have two vintage watches! Yay!

1lip.jpg=600

That 60s Dior hat looks so rich in colour - all this cute stuff everyone is getting is making me want to go do some shopping (well for vintage stuff, anyway).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy