Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
OH, she's hot to trot Miss_Becky!
What's her name????

I just stumbled on to a lot of vintage hats for sale on Etsy. I debated for a bit but there were a few in here that just called to me. I'll have fun wearing some, trying on the rest, displaying them and learning how to provide a little TLC for some. This will be a whole new learning experience.

I also got the nicest note from the seller. These belonged to her Mom and were collected in the 1980's from various sources. As her Mom has passed, it was a difficult decision to destash. The strange thing is that it was my sentiment for things my Grandmother once had and wore that prompted me, in part, to consider the purchase. I just find it sort of odd but sort of neat that something as mondain as an Etsy transaction can connect us.

il_430xN.119054279.jpg

il_430xN.119054367.jpg

il_430xN.119054424.jpg

il_430xN.119054582.jpg

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
goldwyn girl said:
maggiethespy, you did a great job lining that bag !

Thanks! I kind of did a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pantyhose kind of thing and just measured by lying the fabric inside of the bag, guessing, and pressing it. I'm really amazed at how swell it turned out :) I'd pieced the "quilt top" part for another project that was never finished, so I'm glad to have finally used it!

cecil

A-List Customer
I'm not a fan of the vast majority of modern shoes I see around, but Mr Louboutin just...does things to me. They're pretty. I want to save for a pair this year :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
cecil said:
I'm not a fan of the vast majority of modern shoes I see around, but Mr Louboutin just...does things to me. They're pretty. I want to save for a pair this year :)

They are truly an extraordinary brand, I haven't seen any designs like them before.

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
LOL 23Skidoo! I think I'll name her Jazzmine :D

Love those hats! What a deal! You should be able to work all those hats in different outfits and I'm sure you could sell or trade the ones that won't work for you. I wish hats looked nice on me, my head is just shaped funny :(

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yay! Thanks to an unexpected good weekend of etsy sales, combined with FINALLY finding catalogs in my budget I have some new things to add to my personal research library. It's going to be like Christmas when they get here. :D SO excited! They're from 1934-1940.
catalog1.jpg

catalog2.jpg

catalog3.jpg

catalog4.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
*Amazing*, Lauren!
MMmy, zines....
We must be on the same wave length, I just picked up these sewing mags thanks to my best etsy month EVER!!

Picture3.png

Picture2-3.png

Picture1-3.png

Whoo hoo!
LD

Lorena B

Practically Family
I must say that i have been naughty, very naughty.
I have been out of work for 15 months so there hasn't been much shopping to be honest, under the statement that i will be able to look for and start working in March.... well... i have gone to Etsy and give myself a little pleasure under the statement of " is ok, i will put it back in my bank account soon"
So here are the guilty items that made me do it lol

A four piece outfit that i took as all value for money( 4 pieces better than 1lol )
Vintageca.jpg

This have been in my favorites list forever so, i was in the mood, i added it!!
VintageSEWINGPATTERNWOMENS-JRMISSDR.jpg

This one was too cheap to let it go:p
Vintage40s50sRetroDRESSSewingPatter.jpg

I couldnt resist not having this one as i remember buying one similar when i had the business for 6 times it's price!!
Vintage20s30sCelluloidRhinestoneHat.jpg

OK, i bought this one before Christmas with the excuse of a self-gift ( i know, no excuse but was also cheap)
MajesticBasketweaveBoxPurse.jpg

This one was only$8.00 and i bought it because of sentimental reasons, my nan (RIP) used to let me play when i was a child with an identical one, so i really wanted it.
RetroMetallicGOLDExpandableBagwithL.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
I also bought this one to the wonderful Miss_Smith Etsy shop, which one i recommend.
ReservedforLorenaRSimplicity247740s.jpg
And this one i can really say it will be the last one of my spends ( at least until March;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails