Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones said:
I wanted to link the pictures but they are huge.. so here is my VINTAGE PURCHASE lol

I bought a 40s house and 40s appliances! I love it SO MUCH! its a cute 1941 bungalow in a downtown vintage neighborhood :D its wonderful.. you can see the pictures here: http://living-vintage.blogspot.com/2010/02/home-owners-association.html

Congratulations on your new home! It's gorgeous - great job on the kitchen ;) - I wish you many happy times there!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Pink plastic with gold glitter, the lids have gold writing and atomic stars on them. The lid of the larger one says "Curler Hamper" and the smaller one says "Hair Clips & Things".
!BguUFSw!mk~$(KGrHqUH-DsEsNF82r26BLGZtygn6g~~_12.JPG

!BguYI(g!mk~$(KGrHqEH-CUEsLJy88zuBLGZ+yDfwQ~~_12.JPG
Ooo! Practical,*magical* and pink!

pinkshoes

New in Town

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Thanks everyone for the congrats! :)
I really appreciate it

the darn thing with old homes though.. day 3 of living here and a pipe backed up and flooded the basement :eusa_doh: [huh]

But I am So happy with the kitchen still <3

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
Miss Golightly you have fabulous taste! Please post pics of you in your new suit! <3

Thank you so much Cherry Lips - I would post a picture of me in the suit but the suit didn't work out unfortunately! When I received it I saw there were a few small holes in it (which I got repaired) and then sent it to the dry cleaners and it basically fell apart in front of my eyes after - massive holes just started to appear - so disappointing! The seller is sending me a refund which I appreciate but it's such a shame - fab suit!!!!!! :(

On a separate note - I love your new avatar! Ain't There Anyone Here for Love is brilliant! Love Gentlemen Prefer Blondes!!!!!!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly said:
Thank you so much Cherry Lips - I would post a picture of me in the suit but the suit didn't work out unfortunately! When I received it I saw there were a few small holes in it (which I got repaired) and then sent it to the dry cleaners and it basically fell apart in front of my eyes after - massive holes just started to appear - so disappointing! The seller is sending me a refund which I appreciate but it's such a shame - fab suit!!!!!! :(

On a separate note - I love your new avatar! Ain't There Anyone Here for Love is brilliant! Love Gentlemen Prefer Blondes!!!!!!
Oh no! What a heartache. I'm sure you'll look lovely in your other purchases though, I <3 this one too:
BodenJacket.jpg

Haha, the dance choreography in that song can't be beat!

jsands

New in Town
Horray for vintage appliances! I've always had a thing for them, and decorated the kitchen at my old house in a vintage style. I love the bright and vivid colors. They just make you happy! I painted my kitchen a light chartreuse to contrast against the black and white. I loved the decorating! I found that trivets and other kooky vintage kitchen items really spiced up the walls. Have fun with it!

MVC-309S.jpg

MVC-310S.jpg

Claireg

One of the Regulars
OMG - so excited, look what I just picked up on "trademe" for the equivalent of $20 US!!

I am assuming its authentic 1940's - it was advertised as such.
I cannot believe she gave it away so cheap.
Will take a photo of me in it when it arrives
4338935849_261f51565f_m.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
The good thing about this being the coldest, longest, and whitest winter here since I was a child is that I can wear cashmere sweaters without sweating on weekends, or this:
SL273710.jpg

Rocket Originals Fairisle sweater <3
I wore it Friday and Saturday (w a bullet bra, green-grey wool skirt, grey suede 40s heels, and Mac's Girl about town) and it was a hit with both the boys and the girls. I don't have a camera, but here's Fleur modelling it!
fairisle.jpg
I thought this was fun too:
Fairisle (some string the words together) is a traditional knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours, having bands of a repeated pattern worked in several colours against a plain background. It is named after Fair Isle a tiny island in the north of Scotland, between the Orkney and Shetland islands.
Fairisle knitting gained a considerable popularity when the Prince of Wales (later to become Edward VIII) wore a fairisle "tank top" (also known as sleeveless sweater or pullover) in public in 1921. It was also very popular in knitwear in the 1940’s and 50’s, particularly because this sort of pattern enables you to use up small amounts of wool within the pattern. Traditional Fair Isle patterns have a limited palette of up to five colours.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Deconstruct

Miss Golightly,

What about deconstructing the suit. As you say, it's not wearable (which is a darn shame) so why not take the suit apart and make a pattern if the pieces. If you sew you can remake the suit if you don't sew, maybe you can find a tailor that would make it up for you.

I've been thinking about deconstructing some of my pieces. They aren't wearble so why just let them sit. Use them for something good.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Grnidwitch said:
Miss Golightly,

What about deconstructing the suit. As you say, it's not wearable (which is a darn shame) so why not take the suit apart and make a pattern if the pieces. If you sew you can remake the suit if you don't sew, maybe you can find a tailor that would make it up for you.

I've been thinking about deconstructing some of my pieces. They aren't wearble so why just let them sit. Use them for something good.

I hadn't thought of that - I suppose that could be something to consider down the line - I really love the cut of the suit! If only it was made of a more sturdy fabric!!!!!!!

On a happier note my husband just got me this gorgeous Salvatore Ferragamo purse as a gift for Valentine's Day - I'm a big Ferragamo fan:

FerragamoPurse.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran