Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Ok - this is going to be my last purchase from Etsy (or anywhere!) for the next while but as it was an R&K suit I just had to have it!

SecretarySuit.jpg

SecretarySuitjpg2.jpg

Lollipop

Familiar Face
Just got these Broches and Hat pin from a Antique shop last saturday..Not entirely sure whether they're actually "vintage" "Antique" as I'm not to good at dating things

Not too fond of things on my clothes, So I've decided to wear them as hat broches...This one is on my Beret...

172.jpg

This one is on my Black Cloche hat...
173.jpg

..and this is the Hat Pin..

174.jpg

Grr! For some reason, The first two have shown up HUGE...I tried to resize them, But apparently it didn't work...So If they're too big...Sorry!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly said:
Thanks SayCici! Green is one of my favourite colours and the cut of the suit reminds me of Tippi Hedren's suit in The Birds (which I adore!).
The Birds is a Hitchcock flic I haven't seen, but I can see what you mean. Oh, I like that green suit so much I want to grab it from you and run away! :eek: I'm sure the emerald green will look lovely on you though <3
tippi_hedren0012.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
The Birds is a Hitchcock flic I haven't seen, but I can see what you mean. Oh, I like that green suit so much I want to grab it from you and run away! :eek: I'm sure the emerald green will look lovely on you though <3
tippi_hedren0012.jpg

I'm laughing here at the image of you snatching the suit and running off with it!!!!! lol

I'm really hoping that as it's a wool mix suit that it doesn't start falling apart like the last one that I bought - that was too sad!

I actually saw the real The Birds suit in the Newbridge Museum in County Kildare last year - it's a much darker green than it appears on screen as there seems to be some moth damage to it - or maybe as a result of poor Tippi being attacked by all those vicious birds! ;)

tippi-hedren_art.jpg

Cricket

Practically Family
Honestly, I think my mind was read. When I saw the green suit, I instantly thought The Birds, only to scroll down and see I wasn't alone. Great color and great suit!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Cricket said:
Honestly, I think my mind was read. When I saw the green suit, I instantly thought The Birds, only to scroll down and see I wasn't alone. Great color and great suit!

Thanks Cricket! Great minds and all that!

Now to find a fantastic brown leather bag to go with it.........;)

Foofoogal

Banned
Miss Golightly
I am always so amazed how much your purchases look like you.
I adore green also.

Just the mention of "The Birds" gives me shivers. I saw it when it first came out eons ago in a theater. (I was a wee one)
Last scary movie I have ever seen. Ever. ever, ever. No thank you.

Don't cherry lips...thank me now!!:eek:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
Miss Golightly
I am always so amazed how much your purchases look like you.
I adore green also.

Just the mention of "The Birds" gives me shivers. I saw it when it first came out eons ago in a theater. (I was a wee one)
Last scary movie I have ever seen. Ever. ever, ever. No thank you.

Don't cherry lips...thank me now!!:eek:

Thanks Foofoogal! :)

The Birds had a similar effect on a good friend of mine - she saw the movie when she was little and to this day HATES large birds coming too close to her - pigeons and seagulls and the likes - they completely freak her out!

Cherry Lips - I think the movie still has the power to disturb even though its not as gory as a lot of the movies on offer today - you never know - you might enjoy it!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
^^^^^^
Cherry Red,

That's one great coat!
Pendleton made some great coat and jackets. I'm always amazed at how well they line the plaids and checks up at the seams. The combination of the black houndstooth and red plaid on your new coat is smashing.

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
I just bought this lovely yellow housedress in glazed cotton - deadstock with its very pretty tag still in place.

Come quickly postman!

P.S. This is my first attempt at uploading photographs, so apologies if it doesn't work.

th_yellowdress.jpg

yellowdress3-1.jpg

yellowdress2.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Ms Sew-n-Sew

Welcome. That yellow dress or housecoat looks so comfy.
My mother every day about 3:00 would doll herself up as my father would be coming home. (depression era parents)
This so looks like something she would put on.
Just fabulous.

Foofoogal

Banned
Originally Posted by Foofoogal
Don't cherry lips...thank me now!!
Is it that scary? Maybe i should stay clear of it!

The Birds and The Blob I have never recovered from. Now I know if you tell people to not see of course they want to see.

Almost every day my yard fills with some sort of blackbirds this time of year. It always makes me think of that stupid movie. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy