Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
swinggal said:
I bought these the other day. Rare for me to find shoes in my size from the late 30s/early 40s.

052_1271726799.jpg

Fabulous shoes! I hear you about how difficult it can be to find shoes in your size - I'm the same. It's terrible when you see a gorgeous pair of vintage shoes and know they are way too small. :(

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Those shoes are lovley. I have renewed hope in finding vintage shoes in my size. Is it best to measure my foot or an actuall shoe that fits me well?

Christy

One of the Regulars
Kate O Potato said:
Christy, I absolutely adore Able Grable. I recieved my Ann Darrow in an emerald colour about a month ago, but as it's a birthday present, I can't have it until Friday. So frustrating!
Do you have any photos? Did you get it in a specific colour or the floral pattern?

The Ann Darrow dress is so pretty, I bet it's beautiful in emerald. Friday is getting closer, early happy birthday! I don't have any pictures of it yet, but I did get it in the floral print. I wanted it in the black with the red floral but they didn't have it in my size, this floral is really pretty as well I'm just used to wearing darker colors. This is the first time I've ordered something from Able Grable and I'm really impressed!

swinggal

One Too Many
Miss Golightly said:
Fabulous shoes! I hear you about how difficult it can be to find shoes in your size - I'm the same. It's terrible when you see a gorgeous pair of vintage shoes and know they are way too small. :(

I do find shoes in my size a fair bit (8.5 to 9) but usually they are hugely expensive. These were only on $25 US and I had them sent to someone in the US that I am meeting up with in May...as well as the hat I bought ;)

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
I just got the best gift ever from my former mother-in-law: several compacts and a vanity set that had belonged to her mother, and this:
spectatorpurse.jpg

Miss Golightly, that blouse is gorgeous.

Paper Moon

New in Town
It was more than I intended to spend, but I got my first Stop Staring dress! I figure this number will hold me for any party occasion, job interview, or whatever I need. :D

10950larger.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
HazelSmutCrunch said:
I just got the best gift ever from my former mother-in-law: several compacts and a vanity set that had belonged to her mother, and this:
spectatorpurse.jpg

Miss Golightly, that blouse is gorgeous.

Thank you HazelSmutCrunch! I hope to wear it at some stage this Bank Holiday weekend (weather permitting! Horrible rainy day out there!)

I love your new purse - the colours and the shape are fabulous!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
HazelSmutCrunch said:
spectatorpurse.jpg

Hazel, I didn't know you were on here, welcome! This purse is amazing and I want to steal it. Totally matches this belt and brooch I bought today at a vintage flea market... The belt is a double belt but each separate one can be removed from the connector and used separately. The brooch is flexible plastic. Missing a couple of flower petals, but no matter.
DSC00363.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Also got these great melamine cups. BTW, does anyone know if melamine is safe to microwave?
DSC00364.jpg

And this skirt:
DSC00377.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Paper Moon said:
It was more than I intended to spend, but I got my first Stop Staring dress! I figure this number will hold me for any party occasion, job interview, or whatever I need. :D

10950larger.jpg

Very cute dress! I don't know what you do for work, but I'd be careful with job interviews. This dress is pretty sex-kittenish and might not be your best choice, depending on your field. Definitely a great staple LBD though!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
yes that's nice swinggal, i saw that too, i just wish that seller would list things in a small size too, the best she does is a medium, i suppose is the safest bet when it comes to selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot