Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Show us how you're shod.

To get the ball rolling, here are some of mine: they're all vintage '30s and '40s (except for the boots, which date back to 1920 or so).

-- Marc

Morephotos006.jpg

Morephotos010copy.jpg

Morephotos009.jpg

Morephotos008.jpg

Morephotos007.jpg

Morephotos005.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I posted these on another thread in the Powder Room, but here are some of my favorites again:
shoes04.jpg

shoes05.jpg

shoes06.jpg

shoes08.jpg

shoes09.jpg

And I got a lovely new pair just yesterday. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Mycroft said:
What kind of are one that are black and white in the third photo down? Also, the cool ones that have all the lines in picture 2?

The black and white in the third photo is in fact navy blue suede and cream nylon mesh. The cool ones with the stitched lines in picture 2 are made of reddish brown calfskin ... they're from the late 1920s.

-- Marc

Mycroft

One Too Many
Veronica Parra said:

The black and white in the third photo is in fact navy blue suede and cream nylon mesh. The cool ones with the stitched lines in picture 2 are made of reddish brown calfskin ... they're from the late 1920s.

-- Marc

Awsome, nice kicks.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Makes my Keds look cheap in comparison. I like the Black and Gray ones and the calfskins with the lines on the toe. I saw some similar to it recently in Nieman Marcus. They were very expensive. Over $400!
Here are the shoes I wear most often.

shoes.jpg

Chad

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Chad, great shoes! The third from the left look very italian. I was just there and shoes like that were very popular for men- from jeans to suits!

And Marc, you have some of the most fabulous vintage I have ever seen. Astounding again! Do you know how many costume houses would KILL for your collection?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Marc I have seen some of those before. They are the same ones I see in all the catalogs from the 30's. I swear, you're collection is tops!

Say, do you still have the green bucks? The ones you wore with that nice green three piece that you sold to Jeff years ago? Those were incredible!

Some of you already know, but for those who don't, they had so many great styles and color combos back in those days that's why I never buy modern shoes. But, I can't seem to find those in my size. Ah, to be a size 9! :cry:

Root.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Crocodile shoes...

Those Croc Shoes (in brown) Marc are just the tops, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a pair just like that! thanks for sharing such and endearing collection. Shoes and Pipes huh!! what a couple!! lol :cheers1:

Lauren, you have a great collection! It nicely covers the range of women's '30s-'40s styles.

Chad, you're well on your way to being a shoe fetishist. (Or have you arrived already?) Keep it up ;)

Root, we definitely have to hook up -- my fault that it hasn't happened yet. I've been busy with school and a rough daily commute. Give me some time and we'll work it out.

Paddy, those croc shoes are in fact leather that was embossed to look like croc. (Incredible job, eh?) They were made by Florsheim and have a "spade" sole. NOTE TO THE FASHION HISTORIANS IN OUR MIDST: In the '30s, spade soles were officially called "custom sole extensions".

Incidentally, do you know where the very best deadstock '30s, '40s and '50s men's suits and shoes (as opposed to just jeans and Hawaiian shirts) have gone? Directly to Japan. That's why we hardly ever see these items. Ten years ago, Japanese sellers were combing the U.S. for old warehouses, searching for '30s to '50s men's deadstock. They found much of it, paid the highest prices, and shipped the merchandise back to Japan. The faux croc Florsheim shoes, for instance, almost ended up there.

-- Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB