Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

tempesh

New in Town
germanpostWWIIvintagebootsfrombaltes2.jpg

Post WWII German Army boots, just came back from the shoemaker for a resole. Fit like a glove. Made by Baltes around 1960. This boots have developed just so incredible character trough the decades. For more images check my website: be-cause. bye Alex

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Not sure of the age on these but I don't think too old, they are the same brand as my brown heavy grained shoes shown earlier in this thread and just as well made, the lady in the charity shop said " we threw the box out for those, it was all crumpled" anyway they were a fiver (UK) so not a bad buy I think.
15nuoax.jpg
ajtu6d.jpg
qs76n8.jpg

To be honest apart from the fact that hey had never been worn I don't think I would have bought them as from 10 feet away they just looked like any other plain 'black shoe' it was only as I got close that I saw the unusual side detailing and that did it for me,
4pw0gm.jpg
11szhaw.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Big deal. I have my own private Italian tailor - Vincenzo de Paulo.
I am better dressed now than I have ever been! I worked out the other day that at todays prices the outfit I was wearing would cost around £1200, ...Harris tweed jacket, Armani shirt, Grenson brogues, and an Omega seamaster all bought for less than £25 watch which was free off freecycle!
long live thrift!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Does anybody know when makers started making "zipper boots"? I'm having difficulty pinning this down because I don't really see any in catalogs before the 1960's. Is this when they started?

Thanks!

Talbot

One Too Many
My thoughts too! I think you got a better deal - I paid $19 for these.

I should post more pics here, but I have to admit to being a little embarrased as to my lack of tree's. When ever I'm ready to splurge, something always comes up!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Does anybody know when makers started making "zipper boots"? I'm having difficulty pinning this down because I don't really see any in catalogs before the 1960's. Is this when they started?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about zipper boots, however I have seen a photograph of Winston Churchill during World War 2 where he is wearing a pair of zip up shoes. If I remember correctly, they are a normal pair of Oxfords with a zip running where the laces would be. Now I am going to have to remember where I saw the photograph.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
And I am shocked no one made mention of these gems here, these are from my neck of the woods when I was growing up and I actually recall this shoe store as well.

The original owner of these shoes purchased them a few years before he retired and never wore them, the seller, his daughter were going through a lot of old stuff in the home to clear out upon his death and found these in a box. Gems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner