Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I managed to score this pair of NOS Copegs for a very decent price. :)

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

The only problem is that the seller refuses to send them to Germany. He requires a US address. Could one of you gents help me out here? I would have them shipped to you and you would forward them to me. I'll cover all your expenses by Paypal in advance and if you should ever be in the same situation I'll be more than happy to return the favor. Please send me a PM.

Thank you very much
Rudie

Hello, if no one else has desired to help you, please do PM me, as I know how it would be a shame to not have you get what you paid for on an auction.

Those are nice looking boots, I have purchased a few pairs of Copeg shoes for my Husband over the years.
I will check the PM later and tomorrow to see if you need the help.

Cindy

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
These were in the mail today. Roblee Arch Elators with very little wear. Right out of the box, uncleaned. The leather is very supple and in superb condition. I'll still give them some nourishment before wearing them. $40 plus shipping and they fit perfectly. :D

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1328.JPG

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
These were in the mail today. Roblee Arch Elators with very little wear. Right out of the box, uncleaned. The leather is very supple and in superb condition. I'll still give them some nourishment before wearing them. $40 plus shipping and they fit perfectly. :D

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1328.JPG

Nice grab there, my friend. I love french toes. My personal pair is a Crosby Square.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
IMG_1322.jpg

Roblee were one of the best of the made in America shoes. Those are closed channelled and you can see the wear on the edges where the footfall happens.

I would Topy them and that will save your sole!;)

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Exactly what I had in mind. I didn't know the brand but I could tell they were high quality. The seller had a BIN of $50 and I promised myself to get them in case they were still available the next morning. They were, so I offered $40 and got them. The seller was probably even more clueless about shoes than I am. ;)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
IMG_1322.jpg

Roblee were one of the best of the made in America shoes. Those are closed channelled and you can see the wear on the edges where the footfall happens.

I would Topy them and that will save your sole!;)

The Roblee shoes are very nice. I purchased some Roblee gunboat spectator wingtips for Daniel a few years ago. There have been a few nice listings for some Roblee shoes on eBay recently.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am working on two new NOS pairs of wingtip gunboats for Daniel. Christmas gifts he has no idea I have them! LOL! What a lot of work to get them conditioned and ready. I have not spent too much time with the polish as that part if not as easy as just doing the conditioner. I should be able to post some pictures later.

Cindy

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_235496__zpsef5c0536.jpg.html] [/URL]Speaking of the devil, I am just getting the pictures of the two newest pairs of shoes I have purchased for my Husband. First I will post the Nettletons.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_235416__zps82fac230.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_235494__zpscf77a20f.jpg.html] [/URL]
The shoes have some shine on the toe area from polishing and the rest of the shoe has some slight shine from the leftover conditioner and slight polish. It was a lot of work. I am done on these now. If Daniel wants the to have more shine, that will be for him to do.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_235423__zps33ee1bd6.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_235424__zpsde7b096b.jpg.html] [/URL]
These have no name label any where on them, so I have no idea what they are? The soles are just a touch thicker than the Nettleton gunboats just pictured above, too. Both pairs of shoes are fully leather lined, but this black pair has a "comfort cushion" statement on that area of the inside of the black pair, the Nettletons do not. Neither pair are that plastic coated leather. You can tell if a shoe is that plastic coated stuff with your finger nail. Both pairs are very fine leather, but I am sure the Black pair is scotch grain and the Brown is pebble grain.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

When you think of a store that is so filled with that many real vintage shoes, many things come to mind. One is of course, why can't I own all that? Second, what a shock that no one has totally vandalized all the merchandise in the store itself! I would think the selection of both women's and men's shoes would about satisfy any vintage shoe lover. I know I would welcome making a few purchases for myself and Daniel from the pickings in that store!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have not had the good fortune to post often in this thread. Today I would proudly like to introduce a pair of 1940's shell cordovan captoes that have found their way to my home.

THANKS ISSHINRYU101!

They are as perfect as a 1940 shoe could be. Check out the pic below.

IMG_6869-M.jpg

The interior finishing is much higher quality than any other shoe I have owned. Higher than a MTO pair of shell gunboat Aldens that I owned. (I wore them out by wearing them frequently over 3 decades. Even my cobbler said they should be retired.) Much higher quality than the couple of dozen Allen Edmonds and the 50's J.Murphy's that I have been wearing. The shoe fits very well and all I have added is a tongue pad to make it comfortable on the top of my instep. It is broken bones from ski accidents in the past that make the padding needed. They FIT! FIT GREAT! Wow, amazing things do happen.:eusa_clap

IMG_6868-M.jpg

The heels are in vtg perfect condition. I am a wearer of vtg clothes, hats and shoes. To better wear these shoes I have them at my cobbler and he will remove the heel protectors so that I can wear them on our wood floors and out and about. The toe protectors will be removed also. I have asked for them to be saved so that the vtg. parts can be admired.

IMG_6865-M.jpg

IMG_6867-M.jpg

The soles are a treasure to see. Take a look at the pristine shoe bottoms. Oooo, la, la......

IMG_6865-M.jpg

The mid soles are works of art and style that take me back tome as a kid seeing my Dad wearing his gunboats with double soles. These are triple soles! Imagine!

IMG_6860-M.jpg

IMG_6858-M.jpg

The shell leather has a depth and luster that really makes you want to reach down and feel them. A leather that gives the impression of durability and ductility is very special. I imagine that the leather treatment has not changed over the many decades since it was treated to today's shell. That said, the leather is in spectacular condition. It goes as an advertisement to the qualities of shell leather. My pics in this post do not do the shell or the shoe justice. Any spots or blemishes are mine and the cameras and not the shoes.

I am a proud owner of such a spectacular pair of shoes. I imagine that I may be like others on this forum who wear their vintage stuff and treat it very gently. These captors will be treated very well and worn over the upcoming years. Shoes of this quality will wear well. My cobbler was shocked and intrigues when I took them out of bags, removed the shoe trees and put them on his counter. He called his Dad on the phone and took a pic and emailed it right away. They consulted and asked to post a pic in the shop. I gave permission as I believe they should be seen by more folks. The shoes stimulated a long conversation about the quality of shoes of many of the past "masters of shoes." Several other clients came in and looked, held and conversed about the shoes. The shoes held a lot of attention that afternoon.

Thanks again ISSHINRYU101! I could not be beaming more than I am sharing pics of these shoes. Perhaps you could share some of the rich history of the shoes with other readers of the forum?

Best to all, Eric -

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Those are beauts! Personally, I would not remove the heel/toe taps. I might even Topy the sole.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys!

Cookie; My Alden's had gone through 2 leather re-soles a couple of heels and a bunch of leather conditioner. They were companions for a long time. Excellent purchase when I consider how long I enjoyed them. I see these beauties as being a big step above.

A.C.Lyles; I did speak to my cobbler yesterday and he recommended that before I come in to pick them up Saturday, he would like to Topy the sole. His reasons resonated with me and I gave permission to Topy just the front of the foot. I see many reasons to keep the heel/toe taps, but not in my circumstances (daily wear needs). My history has not seen strong wear on my heels in the past and the taps destroy the teak floors my wife had installed in our home. Additionally, I worry about scaring up the slate floors in the great room and kitchen areas.

I look forward to wearing the shoes on my upcoming jaunts. Do you have any advice as to leather conditioners? I had always used the products recommended by Alden for my other shells. I rarely polished my Aldens, as they seemed to just shine by themselves.

Proud to own such a great pair of shoes, Eric -

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Just be SURE to specify that a cobbler may NOT sew anything into the welt. Thru the years, I have seen MANY fantastic shoes that had a crazy cobbler sew thread thru the welt... and totally screw up the shoes. Last week I got some $1600 retail norvegese shoes where a stupid cobbler sewed a rubber sole protector into the welt (really the uppers in this case). WOW, looks like Frankenstein's Monster!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart