Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Luftwaffles

One of the Regulars
Just bit the bullet and bought colors 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 for a whopping $15 :eeek:
wz21.jpg

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love the oxford boots in the last photi, where can i find cordovan version of these? AE has the 5th street but quality is bad

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I just bought these shoes for wearing in winter. Are these shoes more summerish, or winterish?
201-00_a1_bass_sc7

Hello; The norm on spectators in general is spring and summer, then just into a early fall "if" you have what is called the "indian summer". The material of those shoes would be in some grave need of protection if you wear them in winter weather. You could spring for some shoe covers from Tingley or Swims (Swims are going to cost you around $100.00 but they are very stylish in how they look), the Tingley will sell for about $30.00 depending on where you buy them. Both the leather and the tweed type material on those shoes will have a hard time with winter unless you can protect them. The leather you can use some conditioner to help but that will only get you so much protection, and cannot keep the shoes from getting soaked from winter weather. The material part of the shoe I don't think there is any product on the market to protect in the winter...I may be wrong, but have to date not seen anything made for it.

1 for the money.....
2 for the show.....
3 to get ready.....
Go Cat Go!!!
d7d2b5a04d0316fc8b199f332da1b5de.jpg

Recently scored these suede bucks from Bass. They were on clearance for $32.
I'm not real keen on the track shoe cushiony insole, but for the price I can work with it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
1 for the money.....
2 for the show.....
3 to get ready.....
Go Cat Go!!!
d7d2b5a04d0316fc8b199f332da1b5de.jpg

Recently scored these suede bucks from Bass. They were on clearance for $32.
I'm not real keen on the track shoe cushiony insole, but for the price I can work with it.

Not too bad at all! If you don't have one already, buy a suede brush. It will help keep the suede clean and blue. But also if you use it on them, unless you wash it for another color, be careful as the blue can transfer to white.

Not too bad at all! If you don't have one already, buy a suede brush. It will help keep the suede clean and blue. But also if you use it on them, unless you wash it for another color, be careful as the blue can transfer to white.

Good point! I have a suede brush, but only the one. Guess it'd be worthwhile to grab a second one next time I'm out.
Thanks!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes they do, Not NOS but little wear and muy confortable. The weavng and punching are sublime. They make a huarache look easy.

Wow! Those are a work of art! And actually maybe those could be classified as "Art Deco" within the design structure with that pattern of the weave? We've NEVER seen anything that nice and sharp looking ever in a shoe with a weave. To keep that color if you polish them, I wonder if a cross between Angelus shoe wax polish (red) and Tarrago shoe cream in red, then Kiwi in Mahogany all blended to keep that look? One pair of shoes Daniel has is just about that very same color, almost a red. Those three products seem to keep the shoes the color just right.

What a great find. Those may well be never seen again as both Daniel and I have not seen anything close to those nor as nice in a weave shoe. And you know me, I am scouring the internet all the time for shoes.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
http:/[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/LoveMyHats2002/sinatrashoes_zps16906ef6.jpg.html] [/URL]

Daniel gave these shoes the nick name, "Sinatra's" as he loves the time period and style that they are. I have more pictures of these on my cell phone gallery, but it is a pain to load them on photobucket, so later I will get that done. These have already been since this picture of them, worked on by me for a few days. They are actually made by Shaw shoe company but have another label on them, from the mid 1960's. They did really clean up well, as the next time I post pictures will show....lol!

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Those are a work of art! And actually maybe those could be classified as "Art Deco" within the design structure with that pattern of the weave? We've NEVER seen anything that nice and sharp looking ever in a shoe with a weave. To keep that color if you polish them, I wonder if a cross between Angelus shoe wax polish (red) and Tarrago shoe cream in red, then Kiwi in Mahogany all blended to keep that look? One pair of shoes Daniel has is just about that very same color, almost a red. Those three products seem to keep the shoes the color just right.

What a great find. Those may well be never seen again as both Daniel and I have not seen anything close to those nor as nice in a weave shoe. And you know me, I am scouring the internet all the time for shoes.

Isshi agrees with you and he is the Shoemeister on that subject. I had not thought how Art Deco they are with those arrows/chevron detailing it really confirms they are 40s at latest.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Isshi agrees with you and he is the Shoemeister on that subject. I had not thought how Art Deco they are with those arrows/chevron detailing it really confirms they are 40s at latest.

You know it! It would be great to have several pairs just like those for wearing in summer weather, one in black and maybe a off cream white with some black around where the lacing is at...sort of a spectator slant on the style? And yes, I would have to agree also with Isshi knowing more about those shoes than most would. I have to think they are fairly rare as I am looking at shoes night and day and never have found anything as nice in a weave shoe at all. You have some deep luck with those for sure....and a bit of talent as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS