Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Aris Allen is a manufacture of dance apparel and have a line of vintage inspired shoes and clothing geared specifically toward swing dancers. They are more in line with an athletic/activewear type shoe with a vintage styling. The shape of the toe box is probably more about function over form.

There are a LOT of ways to add room inside a toebox without making it look like the wing needs to go on a diet. Just a clumsy effort, style-wise.

There are a LOT of ways to add room inside a toebox without making it look like the wing needs to go on a diet. Just a clumsy effort, style-wise.
Probably so. However, they are far more stylish a shoe than most young fellows his age are sporting. I doubt, too, if the average high schooler has the wherewithal to indulge in purchases of the quality often seen in this thread.
Hats off to him for his effort.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Roblees are early 50s similar to the Florsheims of that era. I have had a few pairs. That tell tale toecap stitching and the way the vamp is shaped around the lacing, The AEs are early too and exemplify how much better they used to be. I like the pinking/sharks teeth stitching around the heel counter and toecap you sometimes see on 1940s shoe from Thom McAn. Very attractive shoe. I suspect late 1940s from that detailing but can't be sure.

Last edited:

A-1

One Too Many
Red Wing Beckman Oxford after 4 years without a resole:
2015-02-12 14.42.20_1024.jpg

Got it done recently but no photos yet. I like them in the “uncared” look.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
It is ALWAYS my honor to work with a gentleman like you, my friend! It's like I am putting items like these up for adoption. I ALWAYS want them to get a wonderful new home where they will be well cared for and appreciated. You DEFINITELY have a Happy Shoe Home!

Vintage Shoe Addict presented an opportunity that I could not pass up! Thanks sir - I count myself as one lucky short balding guy!

"Star Brand Shoes are Better."

i-sF4bHW9-M.jpg

I would like to introduce you to an absolutely mint spade soled white suede pair of vintage shoes shoes. Roberts, Johnson and Rand, St.Louis, MO. are the makers. The pair of shoes are labeled on the box as "White Lace Oxfords, Clipper Last." I need to investigate the manufacturers and will report back. The date of the shoes will have to be confirmed. Suffice they are vintage.

i-SZkFRcX-M.jpg

IMO, the shoes have an art-deco-esque seams on the front that are stunning and unique. I took this pic with the right shoe next to my John McHale (possibly Canada's finest shoemaker) 1940's Captoe Derby Gunboats. (They were another gracious offering by VSA. I wear them at least once a week and they look and wear magnificently. They show less wear than a pair of Alden gunboats that i picked nearly the same time as these triple sole beauties.)

i-dsHCLMX-M.jpg

The shoe soles are labeled McKay welt and definitely show a distinctive spade shape.

i-M7XXhpM-M.jpg

I am stunned by these vintage shoes. They are magnificent.

The pair of vtg. spade shoes no doubt have sat in their original box and in fact the left shoe has never been laced.

i-Sb83jKX-M.jpg

i-v5ZNNtQ-M.jpg

I wear my vintage shoes. Vintage Shoe Addict knows my size and these fit like a CHARM! Excellent fit. I know they need some "TLC (tender loving care)," but not sure where to start. I will just sit them on their original box in my wardrobe on my dresser and admire them for the next couple of days.

i-5m7tMK4-M.jpg

Just plain stunning! Thanks again Vintage Shoe Adicct! You are the man in my book.

Best to all, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters