Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I got these Church's cape bucks from The Lounge's own cookie. They're very nice shoes . . . thanks, Mike!

IMG_0514.jpg

NICE! Whenever you get something from Cookie, you KNOW it's gonna be nice. Congrats

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Florsheim Kenmoor v-cleat vs. modern AE MacNeil in burgundy Shell Cordovan...

AE:
IMG_8517.jpg

Florsheim:
IMG_9868.jpg

AE:
IMG_8519.jpg

Florsheim:
IMG_9873.jpg

Florsheim:
IMG_9877.jpg

I had the AE's first. The shell is much flatter, and lacks the "depth" of color of the vintage Florsheim. Florsheim is better constructed, with no loose stitches. Very clean. The AE, not as clean a job of stitching. Florsheim feels more solid and is heavier to hold. I bought the vintage Florsheim, compared them, then sold the AE's.

The AE is still a nice shoe. I just prefer the vintage Florsheim.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Florsheim Kenmoor v-cleats in "burnished" light tan. First time I ever saw a Florsheim with an "antiqued" look. Has darker highlights, and sets them OFF, I think.

IMG_8888.jpg

IMG_8893.jpg

IMG_8895.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Here are my gunboats: Top row, left to right: Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor Shell; Florsheim Kenmoor Black; Hanover LB Sheppard. Bottom, left to right: Florsheim Kenmoor, Florsheim Kenmoor, Bostonian Spectator, Hanover LB Sheppard Pebble Grain, Bostonian Denny Murray.
28usrpy.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don't dig how the heal piece of these trees is distorting the counter. I once used a pair of trees like that and it didn't end well for a pair of Italian loafers.

IMG_8739.jpg

I much prefer a tree like these, where the heel piece fills out the counter.

IMG_8893.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I don't dig how the heal piece of these trees is distorting the counter. I once used a pair of trees like that and it didn't end well for a pair of Italian loafers.

IMG_8739.jpg

I much prefer a tree like these, where the heel piece fills out the counter.

IMG_8893.jpg

You are 100% correct. The 1st kind of trees were vintage Florsheims that came with the shoes when I bought them for my father. Took the pics right away, but suggested my father change them (which he did NOT, since they were Florsheim trees). I ONLY use trees that fully fill out the heel. The more narrow ones stretch the sides and actually leave small creases.

flyfishark

Practically Family
I don't have any of the narrow trees in the photo of your father's shoes, but I DO like them. I have a rather narrow heel, and it looks like those trees would benefit me. I'll buy them if you include (free) the shoes in the photo immediately above--and no fair charging over going-rate for the trees!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I don't have any of the narrow trees in the photo of your father's shoes, but I DO like them. I have a rather narrow heel, and it looks like those trees would benefit me. I'll buy them if you include (free) the shoes in the photo immediately above--and no fair charging over going-rate for the trees!

Hey, that sounds like fancy lawyer talk to me! Strangely, I am COMPELLED to comply.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Here are my gunboats: Top row, left to right: Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor Shell; Florsheim Kenmoor Black; Hanover LB Sheppard. Bottom, left to right: Florsheim Kenmoor, Florsheim Kenmoor, Bostonian Spectator, Hanover LB Sheppard Pebble Grain, Bostonian Denny Murray.
28usrpy.jpg

Those Bostonian Specs are very nice. Everyone should have a burgundy shell cordo longwing, as well.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Gunboats, huh? I've got TOO many! These are for sale now, as I need to mmake room forsome new finds...

Hanover v-cleat longwing gunboats in black shell cordovan

IMG_1491.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Florsheim Imperial longwing gunboats in beautiful/ ugly Black Sharkskin

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

HAD to post these so Flyfishark could get his exotics fix for the day... and me as well.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Already posted these a while back, but since it's the "gunboat" portion of the shoe thread, here goes again.

One of my all-time favorite shoe finds- a "keep these even if I'm living in a cardboard box" pair.

Unmarked v-cleat Sea Turtle Longwing Gunboats

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Do all these shoes fit you, Issh?

Yes sir. I made a pledge to never buy any shoes i can't wear, or to sell any I find won't fit me.

I can't stand to look at shoes in my closet that I can't wear... COMFORTABLY! I also won't wear a way too big shoe and have my feet swim in them, or go thru pain from those that are too small. If they won't fit with a single, thin Dr. Scholl's foot pad, out they go.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Yes sir. I made a pledge to never buy any shoes i can't wear, or to sell any I find won't fit me.

I can't stand to look at shoes in my closet that I can't wear... COMFORTABLY! I also won't wear a way too big shoe and have my feet swim in them, or go thru pain from those that are too small. If they won't fit with a single, thin Dr. Scholl's foot pad, out they go.

Issh, if you develop bunions--you know, really bad, stick-out-a-mile type--can I have right of first refusal on your closet???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen