Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
400AUD? That would be around 300€, I think. That's horribly expensive! I paid 160€ for this shoes. That's pretty pricy too (at least for Germany, Germans don't spend much money for shoes) but I think I can wear them for the next 5 to 6 years. It's not a shoe for all day business...

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
400AUD? That would be around 300€, I think. That's horribly expensive! I paid 160€ for this shoes. That's pretty pricy too (at least for Germany, Germans don't spend much money for shoes) but I think I can wear them for the next 5 to 6 years. It's not a shoe for all day business...

Lloyd is a contact cemented shoe rather than stitched. Nevertheless they last for years. I cannot understand the Aussie price - but they are sold everywhere.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
1940's Captoes by Slater.

After near 70 years, the leather is so soft I'd like to have underwear made out of the same stuff.

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Think Crosby Square made shoes for Pinehurst? I'm going to list one of these on ebay tomorrow. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll put them in the classifieds first. Price will be $100 plus actual shipping here.

Pinehurst

Pinehurst1.jpg
[/IMG]

Crosby Square

CrosbySquareLikePinehurt1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I just bought a pair of classic 8" L.L. Bean Boots for winter. I followed their sizing instructions to order one size down from your normal size, so I ordered size 7. I think I got the right size, but I find my toes a bit squeezed. Can I expect them to conform with a bit of wear, or should I consider exchanging them for size 8?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
eBay is a constant source of puzzlement.

I should have bid on the suckers (which would fit me), but wanted Mario to win them.

This frustrates me, A.C. Lyles. I feel as if we try to educate, educate, educate Loungers, but usually nothing comes of it. Lots of looking and reading, but relatively little action. What's the use? *shrugs and walks out*

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
As an educator you need to get over it. ;)

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

flyfishark

Practically Family
I know what Marc means (I think). There are incredible vintage shoes out there that are built to last lifetimes. The style, materials, and craftsmanship are second-to-none. Never-the-less, people continue to spend many times the purchase price of that shoe for glued, pedestrian shoes that will last no time and, from a style and quality perspective, thank God for that lack of longevity. You can tell people this until you are blue in the face--they continue to spend money on "modern style" and ignore the classics. I guess, selling vintage shoes, I'm used to this by now.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
A pair of Florsheim "Custom Grade" spade sole captoe oxfords in great condition and a fine size (about a 9 1/2 D, regardless of what the seller wrote). How did these get only one (low) bid? And did Lounger Mario win them?

No I didn't.

I got really excited when I first found them. I put them on my watchlist but I wear 10D - which is actually the size the seller first listed, but after I received the measurements I asked for it became clear they were too small. Nearly made me cry... :(

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I should have bid on the suckers (which would fit me), but wanted Mario to win them.

This frustrates me, A.C. Lyles. I feel as if we try to educate, educate, educate Loungers, but usually nothing comes of it. Lots of looking and reading, but relatively little action. What's the use? *shrugs and walks out*

Not EVERYONE disregards the value of a good, quality education! ;)

I have a feeling there'll be pics of these coming soon ;)

SteveAS

Practically Family
I really wanted those shoes, but with the (spadey) sole width of 4" and a measured inside width of 3.25" across the ball of the foot, I think they must be about 9A. Since my foot is about 4" across, I figured they'd almost certainly be too narrow for me.

I think they went for a low price because a lot of people who looked at them were like Mario and me: we looked because seller listed them as about a size 10, but the measurements are inconsistent with that, I think, so we didn't buy them. If the listed size had been consistent with the measurements, more people with that size feet would have looked at them and they would likely have attracted more bids.

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I really wanted those shoes, but with the (spadey) sole width of 4" and a measured inside width of 3.25" across the ball of the foot, I think they must be about 9A. Since my foot is about 4" across, I figured they'd almost certainly be too narrow for me.

I think they went for a low price because a lot of people who looked at them were like Mario and me: we looked because seller listed them as about a size 10, but the measurements are inconsistent with that, I think, so we didn't buy them. If the listed size had been consistent with the measurements, more people with that size feet would have looked at them and they would likely have attracted more bids.

agreed!

flyfishark

Practically Family
Not EVERYONE disregards the value of a good, quality education! ;)

I have a feeling there'll be pics of these coming soon ;)

Issh...you got my shoes! Can't wait to see your pics. Your are like a blood hound when it comes to great shoes. Tell me, do you feel like a thief at that price, or just the most saavy shopper on the bay?? Glad you got them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt