Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your SPIRAL STITCH Vintage Fedoras

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I saw a spiral Stetson Royal Deluxe last year at an antique show. It was in unworn condition. I had an opportunity to buy it, but it was way too big for me so I passed. It was very unique and from a distance almost looked like a Panama hat as it was an Ivory color. I probably should have bought it and resold it here on the lounge to someone who could have worn it.

fedoralover

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I saw a spiral Stetson Royal Deluxe last year at an antique show. It was in unworn condition. I had an opportunity to buy it, but it was way too big for me so I passed. It was very unique and from a distance almost looked like a Panama hat as it was an Ivory color. I probably should have bought it and resold it here on the lounge to someone who could have worn it.

fedoralover

Argghh! :(

But by the same token, thank you for letting us know that a spiral-stitched Stetson Royal Deluxe model existed. I had no idea...

rlk

I'll Lock Up
French spiral and pleat

P1020929.JPG

Vanzina
P1020928.JPG

J.B.

Practically Family
I really dig the nonchalance of these hats!

Final bump. (Beating a stillborn horse?)

No pics so it's a lame contribution, but I have a Stetson "Spectator" spiral-stitch in Tan Mix color. Matching color twill puggaree. Has the typical Stetson, Phila reorder label inside the sweatband. Price tag $12.50.

I have an olive color Borsalino spinner too, but it's probably c. 1960's.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Early tweed hat with wavy spiral stitched brim.

Yep. That hat is from about 1910.

When Rex Harrison starred in "My Fair Lady", he wore his own tweed suit and hat. Some critics scoffed that his "bucket hat" was more '60s than early 1900s ... but they were wrong. Men in 1910 wore tweed hats that were very similar to Harrison's modern one.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Early 50s Portis Toss-Up

Only the brim is spiral, but it's a great hat - very long fur felt knap, crushable/packable, cool heather-like felt. I think the spiral business aided in the ability to re-shape the brim easily after packing.

4788773830_f0f5e0ab73.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR