Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I got these used but good condition size 12 Allen Edmonds for $4 today. Here they are after a good shine:

DSCF1179.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
I cannot turn down a good book on Hollywood.
Here is a thrift store find that cost 4 bucks.
500 pages of stars' biographies.

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

I will post pictures of the swell suit, Smith Corona typrwriter, and other assorted items later..

Starius

Practically Family
Nice find, Feraud! Rarely ever see that book with the dust cover intact for that low of a price. I'd like to add that one to my own library.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
So, I had such a poopy morning that to cheer myself up, I decided to go to an afternoon auction. I gave myself a budget of $25. I spent $22.26! Here's what I came home with...

1120351980_01fcde8feb.jpg

The white rack is for my classroom at school. I need something that I can use for the kids to dry their pottery projects on. I was going to build something but this will work great and it was only 2 bucks!

My favorite items are the chairs. I paid $3 for the set and they swivel too! :D
My most expensive item was the vice but hey every girl needs to have a good vice or two;)
The rest of my things I got in a box lot for 1 buck. I love just buying a box of junk! It's like christmas. I missed out on a welder:( I've been really wanting to learn to weld but it went out of my $25 budget lol

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Things that were cool @ auction

Here's a few things I didn't buy but thought were really cool:p

Victorian coal stoves!
1120361420_019efc7d12.jpg

I will never complain about doing laundry again. The one on the left is a manual wash tub and brought $100. The one on the right was one of the first motorized wash tubs and only went for $35.
1120343632_8d6902f8ca.jpg

An old brewery keg from Brooklyn with all the parts! It could have been yours for $20!
1119529027_46c273d934.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Good job, MaryDeluxe!

From the Goodwill today:

1960s Davar lacquer ware. They're about six inches in diameter. On the back it says that they're 'liquor-proof.' [huh]

dish.jpg
[/IMG]

Cool pastel 1960s plastic cups (25 cents each).

cups.jpg
[/IMG]

Sadly, I couldn't purchase this...no room in my apartment. I passed this photo on to a friend. Hopefully it hasn't been sold yet.

chair.jpg
[/IMG]

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
MaryDeluxe said:
So, I had such a poopy morning that to cheer myself up, I decided to go to an afternoon auction. I gave myself a budget of $25. I spent $22.26! Here's what I came home with...

1120351980_01fcde8feb.jpg

The white rack is for my classroom at school. I need something that I can use for the kids to dry their pottery projects on. I was going to build something but this will work great and it was only 2 bucks!

My favorite items are the chairs. I paid $3 for the set and they swivel too! :D
My most expensive item was the vice but hey every girl needs to have a good vice or two;)
The rest of my things I got in a box lot for 1 buck. I love just buying a box of junk! It's like christmas. I missed out on a welder:( I've been really wanting to learn to weld but it went out of my $25 budget lol

Great Finds....The clock on the right hand chair looks pretty cool, and is that a glass cocktail shaker on the left hand chair.....Very Swanky!!!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Quigley Brown said:
Sadly, I couldn't purchase this...no room in my apartment. I passed this photo on to a friend. Hopefully it hasn't been sold yet.

chair.jpg
[/IMG]

ACK! QB I'm crying right now. WOW that chair!!! Love the dishes too!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
I stumbled across the mother of all estate sales yesterday! I peed my pants a little when I walked in the front door lol I'm a BIG fan and small time collector of Heywood Wakefield furniture. I tend to buy a piece here and there when I can afford it. This little house was full of Heywake furniture! A very rare find indeed. And I spotted that jerk dealer who buys all the heywake at any estate/auction and doesn't think anyone else is allowed to have it but him. He only sales on ebay and I've watched some of the pieces he buys at auction for cheap sell for double the price he paid. So, the nice thing about bidding against him is I know there will be a point when he has to stop bidding because he won't make a big enough profit on it. And I know that even though he's gonna drive up the price on me, I'm still going to pay less then if I would buy it at a antique shop. So anyway, here's my new heywake coffee table! And it swivels too!lol

1171206637_5a15d380a6.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany