Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
IMG_2258_zps7f9a0bb6.jpg

Extra bobbins for my vintage vibrating-shuttle sewing machine.

Price: Free.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Tying a bowtie is a bit fiddly, but it's not that hard.

The ties and cravats came in a HUGE pile at the charity shop where I work. There were about four or five boeties, and about six cravats. Some of them were too similiar to each other (in colour, or pattern), so I didn't bother buying them.

There was even one white tie! As in formal-dress white bowtie! I could tell from the fabric.

I would've bought it, but then I'm never gonna wear white-tie.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Use the following video tutorial. If this doesn't help then I don't know what to say. :p
http://youtu.be/AEjF-MzzqaE

That man is a star, easily the best way to learn how to tie a bow tie, it's far, far better than any other tutorial on the subject, the use of primary colours, close shot and explanation and re-explanation of tying process makes it a breeze to tie.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Tying a bowtie is a bit fiddly, but it's not that hard.

The ties and cravats came in a HUGE pile at the charity shop where I work. There were about four or five boeties, and about six cravats. Some of them were too similiar to each other (in colour, or pattern), so I didn't bother buying them.

There was even one white tie! As in formal-dress white bowtie! I could tell from the fabric.
;)
I would've bought it, but then I'm never gonna wear white-tie.

Dude! I need to know these things. Any left?

That man is a star, easily the best way to learn how to tie a bow tie, it's far, far better than any other tutorial on the subject, the use of primary colours, close shot and explanation and re-explanation of tying process makes it a breeze to tie.

I love Charles French! If you need to know anything about dressing the man then he is your guy. He is personable and doesn't talk down to you. One of the best guys out there doing his thing. As I said before, if he can't teach you then no one can. Too bad I don't live near his store. He and I would be big time buddies. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen