Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, well the summer house is just a one room house behind my regular house. That is where the bar, humidor, juke box, single malts and manly stuff resides. Not a huge thing.
The rest, I have no complaints about being me. :p

In my day, they had a name for a place like that! :D
Doghouse_halflogo_zpsxrbveu4p.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
This particular Ball (Model 435 with the 24-hour dial) was one of the last model railroad pocketwatches certified for use on the Canadian Pacific Railroad in the 50s.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Picked up this New Haven mantle clock at a garage sale a couple weeks ago. I managed to talk the guy down to $10 because it only ran a few seconds (he said it never ran since he got it), and I was the only person all day to even look at it. Got it home, and on a level surface. It does need a clean, but after getting the bell synchronized it's running fine.

SAM_8334_zpsfri5fyox.jpg

SAM_8336_zps7nzqvvz9.jpg

SAM_8337_zpszcojrufi.jpg

Picked up this New Haven mantle clock at a garage sale a couple weeks ago. I managed to talk the guy down to $10 because it only ran a few seconds (he said it never ran since he got it), and I was the only person all day to even look at it. Got it home, and on a level surface. It does need a clean, but after getting the bell synchronized it's running fine.

SAM_8334_zpsfri5fyox.jpg

SAM_8336_zps7nzqvvz9.jpg

SAM_8337_zpszcojrufi.jpg

Great deal. Probably made in the 1920s and still running. Those tick fairly loudly. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn