Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Brinybay said:
Here ya go:

722e_1.JPG

BREWSKIgate!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:
A neighbor lady was going to give this lamp to Goodwill, so I snatched it up as quick as I could! Been looking for a decent one like this for a while. Rewired it and got it back to working order.

lamp001.jpg
Nice light. But what are the mysterious black boxes on the floor?

Dr Doran

thunderw21 said:
Those would be vintage suit salesman's cases full of old fabric samples. 200+ I'd say.

Do yours have a cool picture of a man in a suit on the inside of the cover? I have one that does (but no fabric samples -- it's empty).

feltfan

thunderw21 said:
Those would be vintage suit salesman's cases full of old fabric samples. 200+ I'd say.
Interesting. And there I thought they were
electrical quack medicine devices.

Thanks.

And again, a cool lamp. That tiny light at the bottom
is a great feature- find your lamp in a dark room.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
Do yours have a cool picture of a man in a suit on the inside of the cover? I have one that does (but no fabric samples -- it's empty).

Yeah, a few of them have different guys (and sometimes a female) posing on the inside lid.

Dr Doran

thunderw21 said:
Yeah, a few of them have different guys (and sometimes a female) posing on the inside lid.

If you would be willing to post photos of the inside of your cases, I'll post a photo of the inside of my case.

OMG!!!!:eek: What a buy!!!
I am on the hunt for the tiered coffee table like that. I have the tiered side table and thought I did good at $65. Congrats!!!!!

fortworthgal said:
Yesterday morning my husband went out for his haircut, and stopped at a couple of garage sales on his way home. When he got home he told me that one of the sales had a table that he "thought might be Heywood Wakefield." He tried describing it, I asked him about marks and he said he didn't see any. I thought "yeah right" and blew it off, thinking it was probably some plastic Ikea thing. Later in the day we were out running errands and we ran back by the garage sale as kind of an afterthought. Well, sitting in the front yard was the table, still there. I recognized it, but was still in disbelief... until I flipped it over and almost wet my pants when I saw the Wakefield mark. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough! lol

So, yesterday's yard sale find: Heywood Wakefield 307G cocktail table in wheat finish... $20.

295tr0j.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Whooo boy!!!

I went to the flea-market today...Lookee what I found!

DSC05812.jpg

The pen is a 1920s Wahl-Eversharp fountain pen. A gold-filled lever-filler with a 14kt gold fine nib. The ink-sac has been replaced (I did it myself), and the pen writes like new!!

The met whistle is just something I've always wanted to own. It works, too!

The watch is a 1926 Waltham M1908 hunter-case pocket watch. It has a 20-year gold-filled 'Dennison' case and has a seven-jewel movement. Stem-wind, stem-set. Oh...and it's a 16-size.

I'm gonna send this watch off to my watchmaker for an overhaul once I have the money saved.

RetroPat

Familiar Face
Shangas said:
Whooo boy!!!

I went to the flea-market today...Lookee what I found!

DSC05812.jpg

The pen is a 1920s Wahl-Eversharp fountain pen. A gold-filled lever-filler with a 14kt gold fine nib. The ink-sac has been replaced (I did it myself), and the pen writes like new!!

The met whistle is just something I've always wanted to own. It works, too!

The watch is a 1926 Waltham M1908 hunter-case pocket watch. It has a 20-year gold-filled 'Dennison' case and has a seven-jewel movement. Stem-wind, stem-set. Oh...and it's a 16-size.

I'm gonna send this watch off to my watchmaker for an overhaul once I have the money saved.

Great find. I love gold fountain pens.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

RetroPat, I love just about any vintage fountain pen. And when I saw that one, I just fell in love right away. I had to have it. And it was cheap, too! So I bought it.

The metropolitan whistle is just something quirky which I've always wanted to have one of, so when I saw it, I bought it.

Both the pen and the whistle were cleaned and fixed and they work great now. Well rather, I fixed the pen and cleaned the whistle. I gave them both a polish and they look good as new! And work, too.

The watch was something I saw purely by chance at the flea-market. If the lid wasn't opened, I probably would have walked right past it. But I saw it, and bought it. I can't wait to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn