Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Happy Jack

A-List Customer
Oh, that looks familiar! The state highways in Kansas have signs that look just like that--we'd call that road K-27. The yellow background is supposed to look like a sunflower.

Thank You Jayhawk:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I was trying to find out where it came from, how it got to Canada I can only GUESS?:eusa_doh:

THE BIG WIND?

Last edited:

harty

New in Town
I found this parlor sized Regal guitar at Goodwill

001.jpg

Headstock:

003.jpg

Next to my dreadnought for size comparison

010.jpg

It appears to be a student model--each fret is numbered. The sound is good, but the action is very high. I am planning on replacing the nut, which is metal, and putting some new strings on, of course. Anybody an expert on aging this? The logo appears to be a little older, and there is no truss rod, if that helps.

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
It appears to be a student model--each fret is numbered. The sound is good, but the action is very high. I am planning on replacing the nut, which is metal, and putting some new strings on, of course. Anybody an expert on aging this? The logo appears to be a little older, and there is no truss rod, if that helps.

From the looks of it I think it may be intended to play with a steel as a Hawaiian type guitar. The high metal nut is usually a tipoff.

How's about some photos, at least of that radio!

Today was a decent haul. Stewart Warner 1947 radio---42.50, a waterfall armoire---37.50, 6 vintage ties--$3, free cosco stepstool, electric chainsaw and a rattan chair that I need to retie in areas.

On that note.

Picked these up today.

Not a bad little radio, doesn't work, but I'm fairly certain I'll get her up and going. Even worth 5 bucks as a clock only.
GEDC1031-1.jpg

GEDC1032.jpg

A bit new for my tastes, but I just couldn't let her sit on the Goodwill shelf.
GEDC1033.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, gotta watch 'em at that age. When my dog started getting up in years, it was the same way. He couldn't do what he used to when he was in his prime, but you had to enforce the fact that he can't!

Anything in the yard is fair game for her. She is getting slow though it cut her leg. I put a band aide on it with some ointment. She'll be fine but she is getting too old to do that.

wahine

Practically Family
I was curious because I play the uke a bit myself. your find is a nice piece of decoration, hope you have fun with it!

Let me know if you find one of these

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou