Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

DNO

One Too Many
Looks like the brooks brothers logo to me.
brooks-brothers-logo.jpg

You, sir, are a genius! Absolutely spot on, I'd say. Knew it wasn't a crown but I didn't want to discourage anyone. I figured it looked like a sheep hanging from a ribbon but I couldn't find a mark like that...but you certainly did. Thank you Dinerman!

earl

A-List Customer
I really ought to learn how to take and then post pics here. Figuring that a good time to hit up my local Goodwill was right after the holidays as contributions may spike then, stopped in today and they had. My 2 summer weight sports coats + my summer weight suit is more than enough summer weight stuff for my place of business. But found a blue check Hart, Schaffner & Marx sports jacket in like new condition for $7. Couldn't pass on a deal like that. Earl

RBH

Bartender
My wife and I hit a couple flea markets in town today.
I picked up this clock, not vintage but I like the looks of it.

002wq.jpg

One of the places had these cool items.

An old whiskey bottle...I remember the CB craze!

flea1.jpg

Old cigar poster.

flea2.jpg

Dick Tracy items [Warren Beatty era]

flea3.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Just found a pitcher and four glasses for $10 in total at the local Salvos.

It may be hard to tell but they are a bamboo motif in green glass. Not a lot of age to them I don't think, however they feel pretty retro. Can't wait to use them for on the verandah on a hot summer evening

100_2618_zpsdd18ba97.jpg

Last edited:

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Here's one from a few months back (I am only now finding time to post) for $30 at a local op shop.

Dark Camel Single Breasted Covert Coat, made by Gieves and Hawkes of Savile Row. Currently on special for GBP375 (half price) a find I am very happy about as it fits perfectly.

30190562250_4.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Here's one from a few months back (I am only now finding time to post) for $30 at a local op shop.

Dark Camel Single Breasted Covert Coat, made by Gieves and Hawkes of Savile Row. Currently on special for GBP375 (half price) a find I am very happy about as it fits perfectly.

30190562250_4.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
A recent find.

A Ryrie Brothers ebony hair brush from around 1900. The silver inlayed initial is the same as my wife's. A lucky find.

ryriebrush_zps4e46fcdf.png

ryriemark_zps6f71df04.png

And a page from the 1900 Ryrie catalogue that features the brush. Ryrie was a high end Toronto retailer at the time.

ryriead_zps19038358.png

DNO

One Too Many
And another even luckier find. A set of forties vintage Clarice Cliff dinnerware. I just happened to be looking around when it was wheeled out of the backroom.

clifftrio_zps571d4371.png

Cliffmark_zpsc08ce753.png

And the set itself:

cliffset_zpsae01f37d.png

Love those thrift stores.

Last edited:

earl

A-List Customer

30190562250_4.jpg
wow. That's a heck of a deal! Earl

earl

A-List Customer
As the only caps I own are 4 baseball caps, have been hankering for a wool newsboy for a while now. Stopped into the local Salvation Army store today and found a wool newsboy in excellent condition for 50 cents. Shades of medium to dark brown with a bit of blue and claret windowpaning. No maker tag. Guess, though, I can join the cap faction now. Earl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy