Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Leica 35mm kit with several Leica lenses (not shown in this photo)

2vbt0rb.png

When I was in high school, I was fascinated with the German quality of these cameras.
But all I could afford was a reproduction Leica manual & instructions. It was very well reproduced.
Little did I know that someday I would own the same model camera as in the Leica manual.

What a lucky find! I always liked the look of those Leicas's.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Today, I went to the thrift store and got these. One is a picture of the Capitol. I don't know when it's from, but it looks like a colored in photo. The other is a music box, clearly from holiday 1990. :D

9VoBNlk.jpg

GUNaHKW.jpg

PdKvmeS.jpg

DonnaP

Familiar Face
Fabric from an estate sale, 50 year collection of sewing supplies. The pile on the right looks vintage, although I'm uncertain about the tulip fabric--the colors seem modern. The three pieces on the left are definitely modern.

IMG_20150515_152641.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Picked these up at the Long Beach Antiques Flea Market today.

DSCF3402_zps6hvwiiv1.jpg

The "Rainbow Pike" has been used as a background scene for many films.
Some of my favorites include "Sugar Daddies" (Laurel & Hardy), "Fish Hooky" (Little Rascals) and
"Fun on a Weekend" ~ Eddie Bracken & Priscilla Lane. (1947)

2urwe12.jpg

24gtv9e.png

1927 ~ "Sugar Daddies"
Silent film with Laurel & Hardy.

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Those post cards are extremely similar! Almost (if not exact) the same angles! The lamps are missing in my one, but there are more lily pads.

I wonder when it's from. 50s, 60s?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Those post cards are extremely similar! Almost (if not exact) the same angles! The lamps are missing in my one, but there are more lily pads.

I wonder when it's from. 50s, 60s?

Very similar indeed. I also noticed the detailed changes.
Perhaps this is a forerunner to "photoshop"
where objects were added or altered . :)

Here's a link that goes into detail with regards to finding the time period when these
"linen"postcards were made.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...xf8ukhtuQUZFzZtwPfblI5A&bvm=bv.93564037,d.cGU

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
On closer inspection, it appears to be 5 1/2" tall, by 7 1/2" wide. It seems it is too big to be a post card. Oddly, it appears to have the linen colors, and it has a texture, but the texture is very small. The texture looks like tiny little bumps. I guess it was some sort of a souvenir?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo