Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Now these I have never seen before! Any country of origin, or manufacturer's label? Looks like the one on the left sport a Moose Lodge logo, and that the others feature the U.S. Army eagle.
Two on the right are Fraternal Order of Eagles. No logo on the ties themselves- just the "Lindback" tie on the unworn one on the right.

I'm unconvinced that any of these are linen. The wrinkleproof one most certainly not. A wrinkleproof linen would be a strange beast.

More likely a PB or Priestly's Non-crush-type fabric.

I don't think I've ever seen a tie made of linen. it would be a very strange fabric from which to construct something you tie a knot in …

Last week I bought this 20's/30's linen tie. Will take some time before it arrives but I'll make sure to post some more photos once it did.

il_fullxfull.276712999.jpg

There are two more 20's/30's linen ties on Etsy at the moment of which I especially like the top one. Unfortunately the seller is asking way too much money.

il_fullxfull.325747350.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I've been wondering about the knots 'n' linen thing ever since I came across this tie but I'm pretty sure I'll find out once it has arrived. Unlikely as it may seem there ARE linen ties out there. Probably a mix of linen and cotton/silk?

Last edited:

Talbot

One Too Many
Thank you for the comments fellows. I'll try get a few pics of the others

Mid century, us Aussies were heavily influenced by conservative English style in many things, suits and ties being good examples.

For this reason, if you do find an old tie, it's usually very conservative in styling. Rusty browns, green weaves, black etc.

Rare to find ties of the calibre often shown in this thread.

I'm continually inspired by your neckwear and tip my hat to you gents!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Mid century, us Aussies were heavily influenced by conservative English style in many things, suits and ties being good examples.

For this reason, if you do find an old tie, it's usually very conservative in styling. Rusty browns, green weaves

Lucky you! Some of us think those ties are the height of style and taste.

I may be in a minority, but I'd rather wear a nice green and brown plaid rayon tie than some exquisite hand painted silk tie.

Depends on the situation, for me. If it's something more formal, I will stick with something more subdued. If I'm going out for fun, I like a bold 40's/early 50's tie. A big belly warmer with some flash and pizzazz to it!

I may be in a minority, but I'd rather wear a nice green and brown plaid rayon tie than some exquisite hand painted silk tie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen