Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
a new one
101.jpg

102.jpg

Very nice, Feraud; I've got a couple of Manhattan's myself. Yours looks like it's pre-WWII.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Last week I bought this 20's/30's linen tie. Will take some time before it arrives but I'll make sure to post some more photos once it did.

il_fullxfull.276712999.jpg

There are two more 20's/30's linen ties on Etsy at the moment of which I especially like the top one. Unfortunately the seller is asking way too much money.

il_fullxfull.325747350.jpg

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
They are wonderful but $65 for two ties is just way, way too much. I already paid more for the other one than I would under normal circumstances but I needed something to soothe me after the PB suit jacket shock.

A wee bit less.... ;) I just thought it odd how the blue pattern ended abruptly like the machine suddenly ran out of blue ink....

That was actually popular back then. Cohama had a series of ties like that---except their white area was in the center. I forget what they called it. Ivory accents or some such thing. :D I like them. It shows what you can do with prints so they don't look boring. :p

Mario

I'll Lock Up
i noticed that you haven't given us an update on the outcome of that sorry event. anything good come out of it ?

No definitive news yet but they have more or less admitted that the spot wasn't there when they recieved it and they also told me that they of course have a good insurance. The jacket will be reviewed again on Monday so I should have some news by Tuesday.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Last week I bought this 20's/30's linen tie. Will take some time before it arrives but I'll make sure to post some more photos once it did.

il_fullxfull.276712999.jpg

il_fullxfull.325747350.jpg

Wow, I love all three of those, especiaily the one you bought. That one's terrific and worth what you paid for it (whatever it was).

Mario

I'll Lock Up
The double set of linen ties from Etsy is gone. Someone here got it?

That cream/rust/blue/red one really had me tempted...

BTW: Does anyone have some infos on the London Aire brand?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleGrace86