Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Another Sear’s Pilgrim Cravats necktie, dating again from the middle 1940s, like the fossils tie of a few days ago. I bought this in the same lot of ties, so I guess they were bought by the same fellow and never worn. A strange array of brown splotches and yellow lines, which seems a bit like a mad town planning map, a warped and twisted gridiron, with plots of land for building or open space, and roads in between.

pilgrimcravatsbrownyellowtie1.jpg

Looks kind of like reptile(crocodile skin). I have a brown suit that I could wear that with. :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
This seller has been selling bundle after bundle of these 1930s deadstock, very low end, ties. Note they are of the self-tip variety. He must have sold 30-40 bundles over the past few years. 11 bundles ended today, or yesterday, I don't recall.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIntage-High-Grate-Cravats-NeckTies-Neck-Ties-Pack-Of-6-Original-Tags-/160900996808?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=N2dB0N9TBKGjYol9aWM%2FBM8ZO2c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
613877229_o.jpg

I would have bid on 'em...

This seller has been selling bundle after bundle of these 1930s deadstock, very low end, ties. Note they are of the self-tip variety. He must have sold 30-40 bundles over the past few years. 11 bundles ended today, or yesterday, I don't recall.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIntage-High-Grate-Cravats-NeckTies-Neck-Ties-Pack-Of-6-Original-Tags-/160900996808?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=N2dB0N9TBKGjYol9aWM%2FBM8ZO2c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
613877229_o.jpg

He thinks they are high end. :p

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I know there can be great debate over the correct length for a tie. This is a British clothing advert from 1935 that seems to suggest that very short is the way to wear one:

New-shirtshorttie1935.jpg

If I can find it, I think I might have one like that.

Actually it would be interesting to see something like the People's Democratic Republic of the Congo tie line...

Yes, Congo Cloth, that's the stuff. Another uncrushable one to add to the list. I definitely have one of these that I'll dig out. The label is awfully racist, though. JP, is this fine for FLounge?

They went head-to-head with Palm Beach Cloth. Ads in Esquire magazine, the whole nine yards. I've got a tie with the label and logo. I'll have to post a photo sometime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou