Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Nice selections Widebrim and Tommy. The high heel one is nice. Subtle yet refined:D
Q.B. the Peter Max tie is definately one I'd hang on to. True pop culture history. Who knows, your kids might make a fortune off it one day.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Some recent buys

Two Palm Beach ties. The burgundy one is Beau Brummel and has a $1 price tag.
SAM_3559_zpsb522e6cd.jpg

SAM_3560_zpsb9ed3cae.jpg

Wembley
SAM_3561_zps37e60fd3.jpg

Three unmarked
SAM_3562_zpsd70cda2d.jpg

Richley. This one I bought for the fabric. Very odd nubby rayon.
SAM_3428_zps98c30f47.jpg

SAM_3429_zpsdb7c2f57.jpg

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
After another long dry spell I finally came across a couple nice ones today. I'm not sure if the musical themed one originally had that worn out paint look or if it just got that way through years of use.

Annixter

Practically Family
Widebrim, nice find. From my computer screen, it looks like the raised design is carved out of sandstone or something.

Tommy, I like them both. I wonder how many wearers of that tie design got into confrontations after misinterpreting people when they called out heel?

After another long dry spell I finally came across a couple nice ones today. I'm not sure if the musical themed one originally had that worn out paint look or if it just got that way through years of use.

Superb one on the left there. I'll take one of every color combination you have. :p The one on the right got that way from dry cleaning. Painted ties like that cannot stand much of that. Don't ask me how I know. :doh:

Annixter

Practically Family
^^Nice. Any labels?

The left is my one and only Van Heusen, and the right has no labels or marking. If only Van Heusen still made ties like that.

Both of those are winners. The one on the right is a little thin for me but it would work fine.

It's one of my skinniest ties, but the pattern and brocade are too good to pass up. I imagine it will be on the selling block once my collection gets large enough to where I can bring myself to sell/trade any.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou