Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim said:
Okay, maybe we're not on the same page...I was trying to figure out which was the 98 cent Towncraft tie, not the toilet scrubber...Or are you saying that they are one and the same?

Uh, no. That would be a travesty. :eusa_doh: ;)
The towncraft is the brown flower tie if memory serves me correctly. 49 ties are a lot to go through. :eusa_doh: I am glad to do it for $5 though. ;)

!B(S(wtQBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKbgbeS6TQ~~_3.JPG

The two on the left are soaking if that gives you any idea about the ties. ;) :p

YETI

A-List Customer
Finally Got A Tie Rack

I snagged 2 tie racks at local antique shop over the weekend. One was plastic probably from 50s and this one late 40s - early 50s. It holds 30 ties and screams industrial design.
S7301275.jpg

S7301278.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
YETI said:
I snagged 2 tie racks at local antique shop over the weekend. One was plastic probably from 50s and this one late 40s - early 50s. It holds 30 ties and screams industrial design.
S7301275.jpg

S7301278.jpg

Nice. I see that you've got a few dead stock, too. I sold the four that I had; they are not always easy to find. Is one of those a Wembley I see there? And the hand-painted one, is it of a peacock?

YETI

A-List Customer
Widebrim said:
Nice. I see that you've got a few dead stock, too. I sold the four that I had; they are not always easy to find. Is one of those a Wembley I see there? And the hand-painted one, is it of a peacock?
yes and yes :D ...You really know your vintage ties! :eusa_clap

YETI

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Tell me about it. Obviously you don't have over 1,000 to store---yet. ;) :p
1000! :eek:
The most I ever had was about 250. And that was overwhelming enough. Now it's thinned down to around 50. for now :rolleyes:

YETI said:
1000! :eek:
The most I ever had was about 250. And that was overwhelming enough. Now it's thinned down to around 50. for now :rolleyes:

50!? Gee, I wouldn't know what to do with such a small selection. ;) :p
I've collected them not only from shopping but I received quite a few from friends----one a widow of a former Bechtel executive. There is nothing quite like a Dior tie from the 50s. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes